+ Reply to Thread

Thread: O-Line

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

O-Line

Am I wrong in thinking that our offensive line was supposed to be one of our strengths this year? Our O-Line was totally manhandled by NW St's defensive line for three full quarters. Not until cramps began to take their toll on the Demon's D-Line in the fourth quarter were we able to pull away.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: O-Line

Carpenter was puking on the sidelines and was later taken out. I think there were others that weren't at 100%.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

I thought that would be one of our strengths this year after Coach said they were 10 deep on the O line this season!
    They got exposed badly tonight!

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    I thought that would be one of our strengths this year after Coach said they were 10 deep on the O line this season!
    They got exposed badly tonight!
    i think 10 deep just means none of them stand out above the others...
    i wasn't able to watch the game, but from the highlights, it looks like most of our success was due to the skill players creating for themselves. that won't work against teams with faster, stronger players and more depth.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Carpenter was puking on the sidelines and was later taken out. I think there were others that weren't at 100%.
    How can that be?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    How can that be?
    I'm picking up what your putting down, but I think Carpenter was sick. After watching him ralph, I was almost sick. Did Outlaw get hurt early?

At the end of the day, I didn't see anything on the offensive side of the ball that concerns me too much...including the OL.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

I thought the O line did well - our running backs do a nice job of picking up rushers as well. NWSU did a lot of funky stuff up front that we probably wont see again - heck, one play that had a safety and corner just a couple yards off the ball with their linebackers.

NWSU brought everything they had - and our guys held up well. As JS settles in, I would dare teams to bring that many people - JS just needs to make sure to hang on to the ball when he takes off!

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

the area we need to be concerned about is linebacker - we looked lost at times out there - we need to be recruiting every FBS quality linebacker in a 300 mile radius.

and - we have some DBs that will be playing in the NFL in the next couple of years....just hope they mature and settle down this season!

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

i"m going out on a limb here-- Our O-line only has 1 new starter and they were fine last year .. assume they will get back their A game soon. This is my Pollyanna post

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Shocked we went through Fall camp and thought Stallworth was the answer at RT. He is going to get J'Mar killed and not athletic enough. Rodriguez was better but I'd probably go ahead and move Lovette over to RT and let him get his feet wet there before taking over LT next year. I think the others will gel and improve but I'd hate to see the grades for guys who played RT yesterday.

Bulldog DD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her game

I could tell by Holtz comments he wasn't thrilled with the O-line play! He said they "were very average". I think that's his way of saying disappointed without calling them out in public.

+ Reply to Thread