+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 1--the overall experience

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Game 1--the overall experience

We ate downtown and went out to catch the trolley around 4:30. There was a line but we only had to wait about 15-20 minutes for one to arrive. I imagine they know more buses will need to be in the rotation as the popularity of this services increases.

I hardly ever get into the stadium before kick-off because I get hung up at the tailgate. This time we got in our seats about an hour before kickoff. To me, it has more a big time feel in pregame in terms of the video production and facility enhancement and crowd anticipation. I like the bell before the team runs out. Still not the energy you want on the team entry but it's been enhanced.

I don't really buy concessions except for water so no complaints there. I noticed the bathroom was renovated. The interactive promo stuff during the game is amusing at times, a tad corny for my tastes but amusing. My main complaint was there was some smell coming from the DAC or bathroom or something wafting through the air and, I'm telling, it stunk! It stunk so bad we all talked about it, the funk was permeating. I noticed it last year too, but somebody needs to figure out how to stop it because it does impact game enjoyment.

A couple of people in my party wanted to get out early so we caught the trolley back downtown in the 4th quarter. Fairly simple, only waited about 15 minutes.

I enjoyed the game atmosphere overall but will give my impressions of our team's performance in an appropriate thread.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Game 1--the overall experience

Crowd was 24K+, a little less than last time NSU visited. Maybe because school hasn't started at Tech, but it appeared the east side student sections were mostly filled. I think it was the "older" fan base, from both schools, who showed in fewer numbers this time. In 2014 it had been 20 years since we played. And, the NSU numbers were noticeably down vs. 2014. But, both sides showed in slightly fewer numbers this time.

Loved the halftime with both bands on the field. Nice touch.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

The restrooms being renovated on the westside was much appreciated. No longer it's a humid wet stinky environment. The AC and vents were a nice addition. Before it can be a hotbox of death when someone drops a stinker.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

As always, I liked the DQ Dash. Blizzard won! They should go all out and give them intro videos.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

The new LED lights were great! The brightest I've ever seen the field and it looks fantastic.

I was surprised how dim it was in the stands across the upper sections once night set in. The pressbox blocks the glow from the LEDs and I heard others mention it.

Don't get me wrong, the stadium looks great and I'm proud of what we've accomplished. Maybe with some time lights can be added to brighten the upper sections of the home side.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The stands should be somewhat "in the dark." There are basketball arenas now that use a blue light in the stands and the bright white lights over the court. It's like a theater stage. The performers are clearly seen, the audience faded into the shadows.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

How about, I'd like the area below the pressbox to be as bright as the rest of the stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    How about, I'd like the area below the pressbox to be as bright as the rest of the stadium?
    Speak to our Director of Stadium Lighting and Fan Gripes department....

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

For those of us who couldn't attend the overall experience was downright awful. ESPN3 is useless. The experience got much better for me when someone posted a link to the radio broadcast. And we have one more.

"Speak to our Director of Stadium Lighting and Fan Gripes department...."

Thank you for your always profoundly insightful input and suggestions.

Out.

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    "Speak to our Director of Stadium Lighting and Fan Gripes department...."

Thank you for your always profoundly insightful input and suggestions.

Out.
    Happy to help...

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Saturday was damn near perfect

1. Concession stand service was MUCH better than in the past - no major waits - the taco truck is by far the best value.
    2. Plenty of ice cold water and softdrinks available - even if they were Pepsi products
    3. The LTAC parking was so much more organized and well executed
    4. The jumbotron was better but still needs work with audio
    5. The suites had people flooding out after halftime :-(
    6. Bathrooms were so much better it is not even funny - whoever got this fixed - thank you
    7. the couple of times I had to go to the concession stands, the broadcast of the game was not going...the TVs were there
    8. the lack of butts in seats in the DAC is a bit embarrassing
    9. we need better cell service or wifi service at the stadium
    10. JAS is a great place for college football - we really are spoiled compared to most other FBS and FCS gameday activities and operations.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    Saturday was damn near perfect

3. The LTAC parking was so much more organized and well executed
    9. we need better cell service or wifi service at the stadium
    3. Unless you were a long time tailgater on the north side of the TAC. Our AD...

9. They have been presented a plan that really not expensive, but refuse to discuss it. Our AD...

#9 for sure.

I'll contact the Director of Stadium WiFi and Fans Gripe department

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Crowd was 24K+, a little less than last time NSU visited. Maybe because school hasn't started at Tech, but it appeared the east side student sections were mostly filled. I think it was the "older" fan base, from both schools, who showed in fewer numbers this time. In 2014 it had been 20 years since we played. And, the NSU numbers were noticeably down vs. 2014. But, both sides showed in slightly fewer numbers this time.

Loved the halftime with both bands on the field. Nice touch.
    probably missed fans ( especially NSU) who stayed home and watched LSU vs BYU and/or Alabama vs Fla State - I purchased 5 season tickets that did not get used for various reason -- all watched at home ( 2 Grapevine) 1 guy stayed home for a Fantasy league party and --Sportsdawg had 3 unused. Disappointed they did not attend but that's 8 ticked that were paid for --

+ Reply to Thread