+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game 1--the overall experience

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Game 1--the overall experience

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    Saturday was damn near perfect

1. Concession stand service was MUCH better than in the past - no major waits - the taco truck is by far the best value.
    2. Plenty of ice cold water and softdrinks available - even if they were Pepsi products
    3. The LTAC parking was so much more organized and well executed
    4. The jumbotron was better but still needs work with audio
    5. The suites had people flooding out after halftime :-(
    6. Bathrooms were so much better it is not even funny - whoever got this fixed - thank you
    7. the couple of times I had to go to the concession stands, the broadcast of the game was not going...the TVs were there
    8. the lack of butts in seats in the DAC is a bit embarrassing
    9. we need better cell service or wifi service at the stadium
    10. JAS is a great place for college football - we really are spoiled compared to most other FBS and FCS gameday activities and operations.
    Perfect?? My God, man, our team actually allowed the other team to gain some yards and even score some points. I'm aghast.

I rejoined LTAC this week after being remiss for a few years. Solomon called me back to tell me they were out of "Red" parking passes but he would leave me a "Blue" pass (an upgrade) for this game at the Marbury center. That is customer service, and Mr. Randle choosing to stay at his alma mater to start his career is much appreciated. I believe he will be, and is, a very good ambassador for our alma mater. I have had the pleasure of speaking with him on the phone a few times the last 2 or 3 years. I hope Tech will appreciate him and make his employment long term and mutually beneficial. His love for Louisiana Tech is easily recognizable. We need folks like that who are so much more than hired hands.

Puppy heatrayguy is just really niceheatrayguy is just really niceheatrayguy is just really niceheatrayguy is just really niceheatrayguy is just really niceheatrayguy is just really niceheatrayguy is just really niceheatrayguy is just really niceheatrayguy is just really niceheatrayguy is just really niceheatrayguy is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    For those of us who couldn't attend the overall experience was downright awful. ESPN3 is useless. The experience got much better for me when someone posted a link to the radio broadcast. And we have one more.
    I'm in San Antonio, and had same problems until just before the second half. My impression of the issue was that it was an ESPN3 server problem. ALL the ESPN3 feeds seemed to lock up at the same time -- then the errors I would get were like the servers were not there for any feed. Like they knew there was some kind of issue and rebooted the entire farm. Looked to me it happened at least 3 times before the problem got fixed.

Was glad I was also listening to Dave Nitz even though it was always at least a minute ahead.

Also, I thought Learfield Sports did an excellent production of the game. Cool rotating La Tech logo when they would do a transition from replay back to live. It was presented as if tech owned the production company -- very professional.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Oh gee....hate to say this, but I had the opposite thought. The concourse between the restrooms and concessions has not changed and it is all jammed up. Maybe when people start using the additional space as a highway by-pass there'll be less congestion. I was not down there much, but I did notice people were still trying to move in the old space. Old habits, I guess.

The best (but expensive) solution is to move the restrooms back.
    I thought, like me, you were an east sider. Have you moved to the new PB suites?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    wish you could have watched it on channel 21 out of Shreveport ( I dvrd it) The coverage was spectacular! Stan Humphries and the CUSA broadcaster did awesome job of praising the 40-50 million improvements -- they began talking about Dancy early and interviewed his mother .. when he returned kick for good yardage they talked it up again and when he scored the focused on coach Holtz hugging him - teammates congratulations and then his mother -- I will remember that rest of year .. think we are nuisance game for ESPN -- whoever broadcast on 21 did a great job and talked about the old State Fair games and how many NFL players we have .... I fast forwarded with my brother when we got back from game last nite and again this AM. Imagine Coach will focus on the first 2 minutes of second half
    I had it on DVR, as well. I thought the interview with the AD indicated that the broadcast was produced by Louisiana Tech University. Is that correct?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    I thought, like me, you were an east sider. Have you moved to the new PB suites?
    Just for last night's game. Was a compromise to keep peace in our divided family. Plus we were able to bring a few extra folks too. I'll be back in my familiar spot, South 40, east side for Moo State and the rest of the home slate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I second this

Lyn Rollins and Stan Humphries did an outstanding job, very neutral in their delivery and since both added insights with their local knowledge

Stan was a good color guy for a wbb coach

Teddy Allen had some classic lines during the radio broadcast, one was Epic

I thought the crowd was what it would be, we probably lost a couple 100 Texas folks, and maybe 500 students or more due to school not being in

I knew the NWSt folks weren't coming like last time, teams like they've had the last two years obliterate a fan base regardless of the hatred for the rival
    You know, if Teddy had a sense of humor, he would be a great color guy.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Just for last night's game. Was a compromise to keep peace in our divided family. Plus we were able to bring a few extra folks too. I'll be back in my familiar spot, South 40, east side for Moo State and the rest of the home slate.
    OK, thanks, very good reasons - Me, East Side N40 , Top Row, Section NN Aisle (GA, but is my tradition), if no one beats me to it. I haven't attended as often the last few years even though I still retain season tickets. Have been sitting there with my buddies over the years since 1973, other than when I HAD to sit with the fraternity in coat and tie. My buddies become fewer as the years go by - you know, age, distance, and all that unpleasantness.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    The new LED lights were great! The brightest I've ever seen the field and it looks fantastic.

I was surprised how dim it was in the stands across the upper sections once night set in. The pressbox blocks the glow from the LEDs and I heard others mention it.

Don't get me wrong, the stadium looks great and I'm proud of what we've accomplished. Maybe with some time lights can be added to brighten the upper sections of the home side.
    I know exactly what you are talking about, and you are being far too kind. If I had been able to buy a game program -- which I wasn't able to do because we apparently did not sell them last night-- I would not have been able to actually see it once it got dark. The section I sat in (EE) last night was very dark. It's a flaw. Got to fix it.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    How about, I'd like the area below the pressbox to be as bright as the rest of the stadium?
    This!

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Someone mentioned the DAC seats not being full was an embarrassment. The only time I recall ever seeing the outside seating full was the beginning of the first game for which it was opened. Once everyone realized they could watch the game from inside the AC, behind glass or on the many televisions inside while sitting on plush couches and chairs, and be near the food and drinks, I never saw them full again. People are just constantly moving about and visiting with friends. So those seats not being filled really doesn't indicate that the DAC isn't at capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    Saturday was damn near perfect

1. Concession stand service was MUCH better than in the past - no major waits - the taco truck is by far the best value.
    2. Plenty of ice cold water and softdrinks available - even if they were Pepsi products
    3. The LTAC parking was so much more organized and well executed
    4. The jumbotron was better but still needs work with audio
    5. The suites had people flooding out after halftime :-(
    6. Bathrooms were so much better it is not even funny - whoever got this fixed - thank you
    7. the couple of times I had to go to the concession stands, the broadcast of the game was not going...the TVs were there
    8. the lack of butts in seats in the DAC is a bit embarrassing
    9. we need better cell service or wifi service at the stadium
    10. JAS is a great place for college football - we really are spoiled compared to most other FBS and FCS gameday activities and operations.
    However, there were no game programs available for sale anywhere on the West side last night. Considering it was only game one --and very few of us know the players' names (other than the quarterback and one or two RB's-- this was an absurd oversight. And it didn't help that our "play by play" announcer was asleep for most of the game. When he did contribute, he would often say "tackle my number 34", or whatever, and he would forget to give us a name. I don't know…… maybe he didn't have a game program either. LOL!

Varsity Bulldog Dawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to all

Hogdawg--hate to be a naysayer...but I've been on West Side for years...went into game about 5:30 after tailgating....and walked right up and got a program...in fact, a young man motioned to me going in and asked me if I wanted to buy one.....maybe they didn't have many, but they were there..

Big Dog TBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of light TBDawg01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    However, there were no game programs available for sale anywhere on the West side last night. Considering it was only game one --and very few of us know the players' names (other than the quarterback and one or two RB's-- this was an absurd oversight. And it didn't help that our "play by play" announcer was asleep for most of the game. When he did contribute, he would often say "tackle my number 34", or whatever, and he would forget to give us a name. I don't know…… maybe he didn't have a game program either. LOL!
    I agree with HD, I walked in about 20 mins prior to KO and no programs. It really pissed me off, they could print rosters on some card stock at least.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I second this

Lyn Rollins and Stan Humphries did an outstanding job, very neutral in their delivery and since both added insights with their local knowledge

Stan was a good color guy for a wbb coach

Teddy Allen had some classic lines during the radio broadcast, one was Epic

I thought the crowd was what it would be, we probably lost a couple 100 Texas folks, and maybe 500 students or more due to school not being in

I knew the NWSt folks weren't coming like last time, teams like they've had the last two years obliterate a fan base regardless of the hatred for the rival
    From another thread:

Watched the CW replay on DVR.

This production, put together (advertising sales and all) by Tech/Learfild IS EXACTLY WHAT IVE PROPOSED SINCE THE 1980s.

We hire professional production and on-air talent and make local buys in our region (CW), sell the ads and control the message (about Tech) when the ball is not in play.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'd say our Learfield team is now doing the deal and doing it right on local TV production.

Salute!

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

It was a very good production
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread