+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Game 1--the overall experience

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: Game 1--the overall experience

How often will this type production be done by Tech-Learfiekd. I agree it was good, and Is what we need to be doing.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg74 View Post
    Hogdawg--hate to be a naysayer...but I've been on West Side for years...went into game about 5:30 after tailgating....and walked right up and got a program...in fact, a young man motioned to me going in and asked me if I wanted to buy one.....maybe they didn't have many, but they were there..
    You've been on east side

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    How often will this type production be done by Tech-Learfiekd. I agree it was good, and Is what we need to be doing.
    If they (Learfield) can make $ off it, probably more in the future- depends on C-USA contracts though. S Alabama game will be same crew. I doubt we'll get road games (UAB/UTEP) by this crew since we aren't home team & the costs to get production crew from Dallas is more expensive.

MS State is CBS Sports Net
    Rest of home games are Stadium (unt/fau/usm) or ESPN (UTSA)

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    It's a great start. I'm just happy our Learfield folks can perform with the right guy in charge. He must be a Tech grad ;-)

This year, Josh Perot put the Nitzer on a new 12-month contract (yes, no more Iowa summers), now TV production.

Let's keep growing in Sports Properties!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Overall, we had a great game day experience. The new signage on the TAC looks amazing. Concession seems to run smooth. We also hit up the McAlister tea kiosk.

My only complaint is the audio on the player intro video or any hype video with our players. Please put a lapel mic or close range mic on them when recording. Doing that will up your video producing game.

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    OK, thanks, very good reasons - Me, East Side N40 , Top Row, Section NN Aisle (GA, but is my tradition), if no one beats me to it. I haven't attended as often the last few years even though I still retain season tickets. Have been sitting there with my buddies over the years since 1973, other than when I HAD to sit with the fraternity in coat and tie. My buddies become fewer as the years go by - you know, age, distance, and all that unpleasantness.
    East side row 57 until the knees or lungs give out.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I know exactly what you are talking about, and you are being far too kind. If I had been able to buy a game program -- which I wasn't able to do because we apparently did not sell them last night-- I would not have been able to actually see it once it got dark. The section I sat in (EE) last night was very dark. It's a flaw. Got to fix it.
    In the words of Frank Bartles, "Thank you for your support." As I said in my second post, I'd just like it to be as bright as the rest of the stadium seats. I'm in EE row 46, maybe 10 rows below the pressbox. It's darker there than where you sit.

I got on site about 9:30 a.m. to finish setting up for tailgating. Took longer than normal to shut things down so didn't get into the stadium until 5:30ish. Had two guys in front of me when they sold out of programs with quite a few behind me. And still a lot of people outside the gates. The guys behind the counter said they'd already pulled programs from the east side. If we printed the same number as in the past, there's been a significant increase in demand. Hopefully next week will be better because I'm sure the crowd and demand for programs will be even higher.

My overall experience at the game was great! How can you not be impressed with what we've accomplished in the last few years.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

To whomever is responsible for redirecting one of the lights on the north stanchion to the upper west side seating, THANK YOU! It had a big difference. If we can get one light on the south stanchion it would be perfect. But what was done hoped a lot.

Again, thank you!

+ Reply to Thread