+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those able to Watch, how was production?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

For those able to Watch, how was production?

I haven't watched the entire game, but it was done by JWP https://www.jwproductions.org/

How was the quality?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: For those able to Watch, how was production?

I watched dvr and it was pretty good to me...

All of those who wanted Espn3 over ASN got what they wished for

Heard Stadium was really good
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

I tried watching on ESPN3.com. It kept going out at different times. When it was playing it was pretty good coverage but I ended up listening to the Dave Nitz on KXKZ. Looking forward to the Mississippi State game. Flying in from Dallas for that one.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I watched dvr and it was pretty good to me...

All of those who wanted Espn3 over ASN got what they wished for

Heard Stadium was really good
    I dvr'd the broadcast on the CW and thought it was pretty good. Very professional play by play, and Stan Humphries did a really good job as color commentator.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

I was a fan of the production and play by play.

ESPN3 wasn't working right though

Big Dog counselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of light

I watched on Channel 21 and I thought Learfield was excellent! Beautiful clear picture, top notch graphics, the announcing team did a good job, and lots of positive promotions about Tech.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DFWDawg View Post
    I tried watching on ESPN3.com. It kept going out at different times. When it was playing it was pretty good coverage but I ended up listening to the Dave Nitz on KXKZ. Looking forward to the Mississippi State game. Flying in from Dallas for that one.
    This was my experience. The broadcast was good when it worked. It froze a lot and actually quit on me a few times.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

The ESPN3 replay is working fine. Just watched it. Stan Humphries was very complimentary of Louisiana Tech football throughout the broadcast.

Big Dog RUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the rough

ESPN3 horrible first half,
    Excellent 2nd Half

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Watched the CW replay on DVR.

This production, put together (advertising sales and all) by Tech/Learfild IS EXACTLY WHAT IVE PROPOSED SINCE THE 1980s.

We hire professional production and on-air talent and make local buys in our region (CW), sell the ads and control the message (about Tech) when the ball is not in play.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'd say our Learfield team is now doing the deal and doing it right on local TV production.

Salute!

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Puppy Dawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the rough

Starting with the UF and Mich game at 2:30, the games on Watchespn went in and out. I guess the servers were overloaded with everyone watching. If I can recall, I think it was like this at the start of season last year. With more and more people (myself included) are going to straight streaming TV, im sure its loading it up. I hope ESPN can do something to fix it. Production was well done. Stadium looked great!!

Puppy heatrayguy is just really niceheatrayguy is just really niceheatrayguy is just really niceheatrayguy is just really niceheatrayguy is just really niceheatrayguy is just really niceheatrayguy is just really niceheatrayguy is just really niceheatrayguy is just really niceheatrayguy is just really niceheatrayguy is just really nice

I posted this earlier on another thread:

In San Antonio, and had same problems until just before the second half. My impression of the issue was that it was an ESPN3 server problem. ALL the ESPN3 feeds seemed to lock up at the same time -- then the errors I would get were like the servers were not there for any feed. Like they knew there was some kind of issue and rebooted the entire farm. Looked to me it happened at least 3 times before the problem got fixed.

Was glad I was also listening to Dave Nitz even though it was always at least a minute ahead.

Also, I thought Learfield Sports did an excellent production of the game. Cool rotating La Tech logo when they would do a transition from replay back to live. It was presented as if tech owned the production company -- very professional.

Bottom line is I agree with above on learfield sports doing a professional job. Issue was with espn 3. Sucks. Heads should roll.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by heatrayguy View Post
    It was presented as if tech owned the production company -- very professional.

Bottom line is I agree with above on learfield sports doing a professional job. Issue was with espn 3. Sucks. Heads should roll.
    Well...Tech did own the production company ... for the day. Therefore they owned what went out in the broadcast.

Now, on ESPN3, you engineers know more than me on the retransmission issues, broadband, et al. Maybe we need some of our cyber tech dudes and dudettes to intervene and troubleshoot when not practicing their cyber stealthing techniques.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Watched the CW replay on DVR.

This production, put together (advertising sales and all) by Tech/Learfild IS EXACTLY WHAT IVE PROPOSED SINCE THE 1980s.

We hire professional production and on-air talent and make local buys in our region (CW), sell the ads and control the message (about Tech) when the ball is not in play.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'd say our Learfield team is now doing the deal and doing it right on local TV production.

Salute!

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
    You've been asking for this for years.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Nostradawgpix?
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread