+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FCS Rotation (accidental Band thread)

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: FCS Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    Need to start going for 2-3's with SMU and Tulane.
    Nope.
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

That's fiscally irresponsible
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Re: FCS Roation

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_Antley View Post
    You can't possibly know that. It's been nearly 20 years anyway.
    Actually, I can know that. I deal with more UL-M boosters / fans than most. And none of them will spend a single dime to come to Ruston to watch UL-M play Louisiana Tech. And you can bet your ass we will get screwed on the ticket disbursement / allocation for the game in Monroe.

Heck, most UL-M boosters and fans won't spend the money to go into their own damn stadium. Any given Saturday home game at UL-M you will find more people tailgating and watching SEC games on the satellite than in the stadium watching the live UL-M game.

There is no support for that program...and the few fans they have left wont spend the money on tickets for a game in Ruston.

Now, I can stomach a deal if we each purchase 7,500 tickets from each other. Make ULM pony up and buy the tickets up front.....see if they still wanna play.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    The band isn't there to compete against the other band. When you've got 2/3 the band and 1/3 the practice time, it ain't gonna be comparable.
    What does THAT mean?

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    Actually, I can know that. I deal with more UL-M boosters / fans than most. And none of them will spend a single dime to come to Ruston to watch UL-M play Louisiana Tech. And you can bet your ass we will get screwed on the ticket disbursement / allocation for the game in Monroe.
    Your just generalizing. Because the ulm fans you know won't go means all of them won't go. And I never mentioned their fans. The last time we played, 28 and 27 showed up; where did they come from? I don't know but what's keeping them from coming back?

Heck, most UL-M boosters and fans won't spend the money to go into their own damn stadium. Any given Saturday home game at UL-M you will find more people tailgating and watching SEC games on the satellite than in the stadium watching the live UL-M game.
    I wouldn't classify those people as fans.

Look, I know it's an unpopular idea. But I've lived far enough away for long enough that I can clearly see the extreme separation between the two schools. Maybe that doesn't exist locally and that's why people keep saying don't give them a life line. One game will not save their program. One game will not suddenly make them into some north Louisiana juggernaut that steals all the recruits.

We are in the drivers seat, it doesn't have to be a 1 for 1. Make it a 2 for 1 and then put it to bed for another 20 years.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_Antley View Post
    Your just generalizing. Because the ulm fans you know won't go means all of them won't go. And I never mentioned their fans. The last time we played, 28 and 27 showed up; where did they come from? I don't know but what's keeping them from coming back?

I wouldn't classify those people as fans.

Look, I know it's an unpopular idea. But I've lived far enough away for long enough that I can clearly see the extreme separation between the two schools. Maybe that doesn't exist locally and that's why people keep saying don't give them a life line. One game will not save their program. One game will not suddenly make them into some north Louisiana juggernaut that steals all the recruits.

We are in the drivers seat, it doesn't have to be a 1 for 1. Make it a 2 for 1 and then put it to bed for another 20 years.
    I've said FOR YEARS that we should offer ULM a 2 for 1. If they accept it, great. If they don't, well we just got the media off our back about the subject for a very long time. If they want to know why you demand a 2 for 1, you simply tell them "because we are in the position to do so."

It's a win-win situation for LA Tech. Tech either gets a very winnable and well attended 2 for 1 series with another FBS school only 30 miles away, or we finally get the local media off our back about the subject. It's a take it or leave it offer.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

No, no it will not - ULM supporters will not buy tickets - NWSU, UL-L, etc. will buy more tickets. ULM has little to no fan base and the base will not buy tickets to sit in JAS.

On the return trip, we will pack their house with fans....buy the tickets, spend the money, etc.

UL-M is dying - why help keep them on life support?
    Also, there is the looming possibility that an LSU event could get scheduled on the same day ULM was to come to Ruston. And everyone knows the should-be ULM fans (including many Alumni) would stay home to watch it.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Just say no to ULM - it brings absolutely nothing to the table for us.....nothing.
    Neither does NSU, Lamar, UCA etc

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I can't think of any FCS school that would bring "anything to the table". After our rout of Southern a few years ago I don't think they will attend as well. Grambling, maybe. Otherwise these games are supposed to be fodder for the fans and a good warm up for the season. Look at all the P5s first games this year. Of course sometimes it doesn't work out that way. See Nevada and Baylor this year and Mich/App St. a few years ago.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    What does THAT mean?
    Are they not a semester school? I was under the assumption they would have a couple weeks under their belts.

Edit: Found their calendar, they started practicing early August: https://capa.nsula.edu/wp-content/up...-2017-2018.pdf

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

The band isn't there to compete against the other band. When you've got 2/3 the band and 1/3 the practice time, it ain't gonna be comparable.
    Someone actually made some sense!

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Are they not a semester school? I was under the assumption they would have a couple weeks under their belts.

Edit: Found their calendar, they started practicing early August: https://capa.nsula.edu/wp-content/up...-2017-2018.pdf
    August 10th. The BOP started August 27th.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Wade - you are just wrong on this - Tech can't save ULM.....and at this point, ULM can not save ULM.

The only side that benefits is UL-M because we will purchase nearly $500,000 worth of tickets for their home game.....they will bring a fraction of that to our gate. Why do you think they are always in the media pushing this game? Money is the answer - they need our money.

I'll play them all day and every day IF each school purchased 7,500 tickets at $25 a pop as part of the contract....that will determine ULM's intestinal fortitude to play us.

Or as HD has stated multiple times, offer then a 2 for 1.
    Last edited by faninmonroe; 09-04-2017 at 06:26 PM. Reason: spelling

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

Wade - you are just wrong on this - Tech can't save ULM.....and at this point, ULM can not save ULM.

The only side that benefits is UL-M because we will purchase nearly $500,000 worth of tickets for their home game.....they will bring a fraction of that to our gate. Why do you think they are always in the media pushing this game? Money is the answer - they need our money.

I'll play them all day and every day IF each school purchased 7,500 tickets at $25 a pop as part of the contract....that will determine ULM's intestinal fortitude to play us.

Or as HD has stated multiple times, offer then a 2 for 1.
    I'm not trying to be right. It just looks like there's low hanging fruit there that we could make money on. Besides, as a consumer, I'd much rather put whoppin on ulm than Lamar. South Carolina St, Northwestern St, South Alabama, Bowling Green,...etc. Which is more "profitable" for our program, hosting South Carolina St or hosting ulm? All of this could be a moot point in 2020 anyway.

LOL, that doesn't matter. The Band of Pride good practice for six months and still never sound like that.

+ Reply to Thread