+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ticket Question - East and West Sides

Big Dog Slackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the rough

Ticket Question - East and West Sides

Hey guys, I know this subject has been mentioned before, but can you no longer use West Side tickets for entry into the East Side? The reason I am asking is because I usually have extra tickets that I give away at game time, usually to people in the ticket line or area, that appear to be first timers to game day at Joe Aillet (i.e., make some more Bulldog fans). Anyway, last year I gave numerous tickets to people around the East Side area, only to see them later sitting in the Section I have tickets for on the West Side. I felt bad if they were told they would have to go to the West Side, but at least they received free tickets; just curious.

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Re: Ticket Question - East and West Sides

We have season tickets on East side-but we prefer sitting on student side, where we stand up for kickoffs, 3rd downs etc. with student body. You get the point. We have had no problem using East side tickets to get in on West side.

Big Dog Slackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    We have season tickets on East side-but we prefer sitting on student side, where we stand up for kickoffs, 3rd downs etc. with student body. You get the point. We have had no problem using East side tickets to get in on West side.
    Ok, thanks. BTW, do you mean you have season tickets on the West side and prefer sitting on the student side (East side)? Thanks.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slackdog View Post
    Hey guys, I know this subject has been mentioned before, but can you no longer use West Side tickets for entry into the East Side? The reason I am asking is because I usually have extra tickets that I give away at game time, usually to people in the ticket line or area, that appear to be first timers to game day at Joe Aillet (i.e., make some more Bulldog fans). Anyway, last year I gave numerous tickets to people around the East Side area, only to see them later sitting in the Section I have tickets for on the West Side. I felt bad if they were told they would have to go to the West Side, but at least they received free tickets; just curious.
    I'm like you-- usually have extra tickets (4 this weekend) - dilemma is should I give away on game day or let folks buy tickets and support program- which they are by being there . Usually leave with TAG --

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

I prefer east side but on occasion I've ended up with some west side tickets. Most of the time using west side tickets on east side wasn't a problem, but there was a game or two where they wouldn't let me use them on the east side. Those times I think the games were ones where a larger than "average" crowd was expected.

I'm not sure if the use of the ticket scanners has changed the policy or not.

Quote Originally Posted by bleudog View Post
    I prefer east side but on occasion I've ended up with some west side tickets. Most of the time using west side tickets on east side wasn't a problem, but there was a game or two where they wouldn't let me use them on the east side. Those times I think the games were ones where a larger than "average" crowd was expected. I'm not sure if the use of the ticket scanners has changed the policy or not.
    "I'm not sure if the use of the ticket scanners has changed the policy or not." Exactly, bleudog; I am unsure of any new policies; I know it wasn't an issue in the past. I may just shift my focus on game day to West Side area; I have stopped by and given extras at the TAG tent on numerous occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    I'm like you-- usually have extra tickets (4 this weekend) - dilemma is should I give away on game day or let folks buy tickets and support program- which they are by being there . Usually leave with TAG --
    Exactly; I too have left tics with TAG.

Update: my daughter used my West Side tickets to sit on the East side with friends; it wasn't an issue at all. She even came to the West side to sit with us in the 3rd Quarter. The only bright side to the game was when she said that she wished she would have chosen to attend Tech instead of MSU; she said the atmosphere and environment was much better and more enjoyable at the Joe; the trip over from Mississippi was worth that statement.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

So how many MSU fans were there?

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    My guess would be around 2,500.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    It isn't their job to fill up our stadium, but what Miss St brought for fans to a 4 hour drive road game was incredibly poor for an "SEC team". It was nearly perfect weather too.

+ Reply to Thread