+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 2: Mississippi State (9/9) LOYAL BLUE OUT

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Week 2: Mississippi State (9/9)

All these worst possible scenarios yall are proposing sound a lot like the things we struggle with routinely, and have for years.

All the perfect scenarios are things we've never been able to do.

So basically, to win this game, Tech is going to have to play like a completely different team.

I dont know why Im so down. I think I lost all my sunshine juice after we were tied with an FCS team for 2 and a half quarters.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    All these worst possible scenarios yall are proposing sound a lot like the things we struggle with routinely, and have for years.

So basically, to win this game, Tech is going to have to play like a completely different team.

I dont know why Im so down. I think I lost all my sunshine juice after we were tied with an FCS team for 2 and a half quarters.
    I think that is a natural reaction, and is the same one many Tech fans are having. We are really young at lots of positions. That is the main problem, I think. But we are also very talented. Our team could surprise everyone this week.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Our special teams looked pretty good last week. I've always thought we had great special teams.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Hoping to have a stellar defensive performance from us is like betting on the lottery for retirement. It's in the realm of possibility, but not likely. We are weak at LB, and they know that. I don't have any hope that we can stop a mobile QB that has average throwing ability.
    The real concern I have for this game is offensive line. At times they appeared to be overmatched by Northwestern. This defensive line is infinitely better. If our O-line can play a perfect game and we don't turn the ball over, we have a shot at it. They have to control the line of scrimmage and give Craft/Scott something to work with. If not you're gonna see A lot of 3rd and 7+ which will not be good for us. I see them winning 42-24. I hope I'm wrong, but going by what I saw last week I'm afraid I'm not.

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

I see us (Louisiana's Dawgs) winning by 3 in 3OT.

Varsity Bulldog Kodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the rough

We may be under estimating some of these FCS teams. We weren't the only team to struggle with them.

James Madison(FCS) beat East Carolina, Liberty(FCS) beat Baylor, Howard(FCS) beat UNLV, Pittsburgh needed OT to beat Youngstown ST(FCS), UCONN had to come from behind to beat Holy Cross(FCS) 27-20, Stony Brook(FCS) was tied in the 4th with South Florida, and Portland St(FCS) lost to Oregon ST by 3 because of 3 turnovers.

Don't give up on that sunshine juice just yet.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kodawg View Post
    We may be under estimating some of these FCS teams. We weren't the only team to struggle with them.

James Madison(FCS) beat East Carolina, Liberty(FCS) beat Baylor, Howard(FCS) beat UNLV, Pittsburgh needed OT to beat Youngstown ST(FCS), UCONN had to come from behind to beat Holy Cross(FCS) 27-20, Stony Brook(FCS) was tied in the 4th with South Florida, and Portland St(FCS) lost to Oregon ST by 3 because of 3 turnovers.

Most of those FCS schools you named were good last year. Howard was 4-7 last year.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Kodawg View Post

Coached by Bo Pelini (Nebraska's steady 9-game winner), a good coach, but coarse around the edges.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Define blown out.
    Quote Originally Posted by [LEFT
    LATechBanjo[/LEFT]]More than 2 TDs
    Negative. Blowouts / butt-kickings start at 20 points or 3 TDs.

10 - 19 is a solid win, but not a blowout.

7-10 a tight game

>7 or OT is an escape

Hope this is helpful.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

We stopped the run consistently when Diaz was the DC. That allowed us to be more aggressive in predictable passing situations. Baker's defenses have not been as good against the run but he has had the luxury of high scoring offenses to make the outcome look better.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    ALSO, Skip needs to use J'Mars legs. I know its a delicate balance of risk and reward but when a QB is a true dual threat it makes it difficult for the defense to remain disciplined.

GO DAWGS!
    Thanks you. THAT'S EXACTLY what needs to happen. Holtz didn't let J'Mar run the ball last week but a couple of times, despite the fact that he had open lanes all night. That kind of coaching needs to stop. We've got to be ALL IN!

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

J'Mar will play with a chip on his shoulder. He'll have to for us to win.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by BearDawg137 View Post
    I see us (Louisiana's Dawgs) winning by 3 in 3OT.
    My man.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

I wasn't feelin so hot about the halftime score of SCST game last year, but I had faith they fixed it, and they won 56(?)-24 after a 19-12 halftime score. FCS performance doesn't dictate our future.

The next 3 weeks will give a good look though.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    I wasn't feelin so hot about the halftime score of SCST game last year, but I had faith they fixed it, and they won 56(?)-24 after a 19-12 halftime score. FCS performance doesn't dictate our future.

The next 3 weeks will give a good look though.
    True. Like I swore I wouldn't, I let myself be tempted by the allure of a 10 win season and conference championship.

But such things are not for us.

+ Reply to Thread