+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Going to My first game since I graduated

Puppy hilldawg is just really nicehilldawg is just really nicehilldawg is just really nicehilldawg is just really nicehilldawg is just really nicehilldawg is just really nicehilldawg is just really nicehilldawg is just really nicehilldawg is just really nice

Going to My first game since I graduated

Graduated in 1982 so the last game I saw live must have been the 1981 season. Have been keeping up with the Dawgs by lurking on this board and watching on TV, etc but just never got around to driving down for a game. I will be sitting in section E.

I'm sure things have changed a bit since then.

What time do I need to get there?

Is there a particular route I need to take ?-- will be driving down from Springhill via I20

There was no tailgating back then so what is the proper etiquette for approaching a tailgate?

I'm sure there's other things I am overlooking -- any advice will be appreciated.

Looking forward to seeing the team play.

GO DAWGS!!!!

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Going to My first game since I graduated

Welcome back to Joe Alliet Stadium. You'll be amazed at the upgrades, hope the team amazes also. Others will post particulars, just wanted to greet you.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

You will hardly recognize the campus. Big time improvements to stadium, tailgating, and campus.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

1. I would get their prob 2-3 hr before kickoff. Seeing that you haven't been on campus since graduating in 1982, you should take the time to check out the campus and athletic venue. Once you are done with that, head to the stadium and checkout the festivities.
    2. From Springhill, just head Hwy 371 to I-20. Travel down I-20. Once you approach Ruston, take the Exit 85 (Ruston/Dubach exit). Take a right onto Tech drive. Find parking somewhere on campus or downtown Ruston (you can take a trolly to the stadium).
    3. Just say Hi, introduce yourself.
    Question, what kept you away for so long?

Puppy hilldawg is just really nicehilldawg is just really nicehilldawg is just really nicehilldawg is just really nicehilldawg is just really nicehilldawg is just really nicehilldawg is just really nicehilldawg is just really nicehilldawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    1. I would get their prob 2-3 hr before kickoff. Seeing that you haven't been on campus since graduating in 1982, you should take the time to check out the campus and athletic venue. Once you are done with that, head to the stadium and checkout the festivities.
    2. From Springhill, just head Hwy 371 to I-20. Travel down I-20. Once you approach Ruston, take the Exit 85 (Ruston/Dubach exit). Take a right onto Tech drive. Find parking somewhere on campus or downtown Ruston (you can take a trolly to the stadium).
    3. Just say Hi, introduce yourself.
    Question, what kept you away for so long?
    Last time I was on campus was mid 90's. Had a small manufacturing company and used to occasionally work with the Trenchless Technology Center.

If I can get a trolley from downtown I may come early and grab a bite to eat. Has Bruce still got the Sundown? Last time I was there 10 or 15 years ago some of the same crowd that were there in the late 70's when it was on Mississippi were still there. Don't drink anymore but would kind of be a nostalgia thing being I majored in Happy Hour my first couple of years at Tech.

I've been saying every year I was going to make a few games but life happens and you can't always work in everything you want to do.

Really looking forward to the game. Started going to Tech games with my grandfather when I was 10 or 11 years old and have been a fan ever since.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hilldawg View Post
    Graduated in 1982 so the last game I saw live must have been the 1981 season. Have been keeping up with the Dawgs by lurking on this board and watching on TV, etc but just never got around to driving down for a game. I will be sitting in section E.

Is there a particular route I need to take ?-- will be driving down from Springhill via I20

There was no tailgating back then so what is the proper etiquette for approaching a tailgate?

I'm sure there's other things I am overlooking -- any advice will be appreciated.

GO DAWGS!!!!
    Excellent! Welcome to the Kool Kids Klub!

I'm sure some of our posters are thinking exactly how to respond and have you answer the obvious questions. I expect you will meet Hogdawg very soon.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Better late than never. Hope you become a regular at Tech home games.

Puppy BreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the rough BreadDawg's Avatar

Speaking on the subject, anyone think parking will be available at Ruston High around 4? Or is deeper into Tech campus a better idea? Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BreadDawg View Post
    Speaking on the subject, anyone think parking will be available at Ruston High around 4? Or is deeper into Tech campus a better idea? Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.
    Ruston High should be fine around 4:00. Don't expect anything much closer than that for free. You might swing by the soccer field or the private area next door for closer paid parking.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

GO DAWGS!!!!
    Welcome back! We need about 10K more just like you. I hope you have a blast.

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BreadDawg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Ruston High should be fine around 4:00. Don't expect anything much closer than that for free. You might swing by the soccer field or the private area next door for closer paid parking.
    FYI for those who don't know, the Ruston High parking is $10.00.

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

GO DAWGS!!!!
    Fan participation in the Bulldog Village tailgating area is encouraged. It's located due east of the Argent Pavilion. Origin Bank has food and donates proceeds of sales to a charity. First National, Brennan Dodge and the individual colleges have free food in the Village. The food at Argent is free if you're a member of the Alumni Association or LTAC. There are some churches that set up near the TAC. I think they encourage fans also.

I can't remember the exact time but the Band of Pride does a walk thru and stops and plays between Argent and the Bulldog Village. There's also a band playing and photo booth in the Bulldog Village. The team has done a walk thru between Argent and the Village but I'm not sure the time for that either.

I'm assuming they still open the front of the field house prior to games. It's got some memorabilia including Bradshaw's Super Bowl rings and HOF bust. The TAC is open if you need a cool place to sit for awhile. There aren't any bathroom lines in the TAC like there can be at Argent.

http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m...090617aaa.html

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Last time I was on campus was mid 90's. Had a small manufacturing company and used to occasionally work with the Trenchless Technology Center.

If I can get a trolley from downtown I may come early and grab a bite to eat. Has Bruce still got the Sundown? Last time I was there 10 or 15 years ago some of the same crowd that were there in the late 70's when it was on Mississippi were still there. Don't drink anymore but would kind of be a nostalgia thing being I majored in Happy Hour my first couple of years at Tech.

I've been saying every year I was going to make a few games but life happens and you can't always work in everything you want to do.

Really looking forward to the game. Started going to Tech games with my grandfather when I was 10 or 11 years old and have been a fan ever since.
    Stop by the HGA tailgate in Bulldog Village and tell them the maintenance man sent you. I hope you enjoy the game and return for many more.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Do yourself a favor and check the route on Google Maps and see if there's congestion at the I-20 construction at Minden. It can be a parking lot at times. If there is, take the left at Dixie Inn and follow Hwy 80 all the way to Ada Taylor exit on I-20.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    Do yourself a favor and check the route on Google Maps and see if there's congestion at the I-20 construction at Minden. It can be a parking lot at times. If there is, take the left at Dixie Inn and follow Hwy 80 all the way to Ada Taylor exit on I-20.
    Might want to check out the Highway 2 route, it could save you some time.

+ Reply to Thread