+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2013 Dawgs vs 2017 Dawgs

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

Re: 2013 Dawgs vs 2017 Dawgs

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Good defenses force offenses to make mistakes...it's their job. If we weren't so bad, we'd have been good!
    I'd disagree. The INT was a deflection, somewhat on the defense, but also just bad luck. J'Mar's fumbles, should have just been sacks, but once he was blindsided (good defensive play), but the other time he just inexplicably dropped it ( I still don't understand that one). The bad snap for 3-93, I believe that was more on the center, but you could argue it was the pressure from a strong DLine.

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    Last night was like USM 2 seasons ago.
    I agree, 5+ TO's (including the blocked Punt TD) is very difficult to overcome.

I feel like this season is more like 2014. We were outclassed by MSST with the final score. We'll see how we do against USCar.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    We won't really know for sure until the whole season is over. But, as of now, I'm gonna venture to say we played our toughest opponent for the season last night. Maybe South Carolina will be just as tough, or close enough. And it is a road game. But, I think the sledding will be easier the rest of the way.

In 2013 we finished 4-8 and gave away two games, to Kansas and to Tulane. Else we would have finished 6-6 and bowl eligible. The 2017 Dawgs are better and Smith, while struggling, appears to be able to work his way through it. I'll say 8-4.
    I'd say USCar will have the better defense (one thing Muschamp can do), but maybe not as good of a rushing attack.

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Miss State didn't beat us last night. LA Tech beat us.

That said, Miss State is very big and strong this year. Dan Mullen has built this Miss St team to compete in the SEC. Someone remarked that they were bigger than us at every position, and I believe they were. I'd like to see LA Tech recruit bigger players in the next 1 to 2 years.
    Before the game, I was talking with a former player (last five years) and he commented on how much bigger our players are than the short time ago when he played.

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Statistically speaking, at least one team loses 50% of the time.
    UUUMMMM ok I'll bite... statistically wouldn't one team lose 100% of the time?????

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ETxBullDawg View Post
    UUUMMMM ok I'll bite... statistically wouldn't one team lose 100% of the time?????
    You're right, that's confusing! You know what I mean, haha

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BearDawg137 View Post
    I'd disagree. The INT was a deflection, somewhat on the defense, but also just bad luck. J'Mar's fumbles, should have just been sacks, but once he was blindsided (good defensive play), but the other time he just inexplicably dropped it ( I still don't understand that one). The bad snap for 3-93, I believe that was more on the center, but you could argue it was the pressure from a strong DLine.
    Sounds to me like you agree!
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Sounds to me like you agree!
    Partially, the INT was luck, the fumbles were sloppy by J'Mar (coaching should correct; maybe I agree on the blindside one), the center maybe I agree

+ Reply to Thread