+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Positives from the game

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Positives from the game

There weren't many.

Obviously Amik Robertson had a great game on defense and on special teams.
    In limited action Jacquis Dancy had some good runs (7 rushes for 45 yards, nearly 6.5 yards/carry). IMO he showed he deserves more playing time at RB.
    And congrats to QB Westin Elliott on his first career passing TD and to Fr-RS TE Zach Cousar on his first career TD reception as a LA Tech Bulldog.

Big Dog Terence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of light Terence32's Avatar

Re: Positives from the game

Boston scott and Canty were also good

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Positives....hmmmm.... Oh, I know! those red and green fireworks were awesome. Perfect for some Christmas celebration.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Okay....a few more.

The pressbox is awesome! Have been watching a lot of CFB (as I always do) and been focusing on stadium's pressboxes. Ours is right up there with the best of 'em. In fact, we now have a better one than a bunch of P5s. I think it is Ohio State's....I think....that is so huge, it stretches past the end of the EZ on both sides and actually curves around behind the EZ seats!

Need the next project at Aillet to be launched, if it hasn't already. Need continuous improvements. NEVER rest on your laurels.

Zilla was having some issues last night with the sound, going in and out. Need to fix that. Whoever is in charge of the board needs to pay attention. Once we had just made a first down and for the next two plays Zilla was still showing 3rd and 6. The game clock operator, which I think is an official (a ref) was very sloppy too. At the start of the 2nd qtr a play was run, a running play, the two teams getting lined up for the next play and the game clock was still at 15:00. Then it started a few seconds later. But, ya know what! We used those extra seconds to get that FG as the half ended. Didn't matter last night, but what if it had been a close game.

I was glad to see a crowd of 28,100. We need more like that. I had trouble finding a parking place in the old Jenkins-etc dorms lot. Usually, like last week, there aren't 50 cars in that lot.

Big Dog Slackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the rough

A positive that was worth the trip over from Mississippi: my daughter stating she wished that she would have chosen to attend Tech instead of MSU. She said the atmosphere is much more enjoyable and pleasant at Tech.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

I have finally achieved a zen-like calm after years of watching Tech football.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

I thought everything about game day (tailgating, facilities, fireworks) was great EXCEPT for the game!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

It's all downhill from here.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

The first 12 minutes of the game looked great on TV: the stadium, the Tech football team, the fans, etc..

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Skip and his staff are usually very good at making corrections after these types of early season performances IMHO.

It's just one game and I still see us on a nice run ending up the year.

I actually thought or defense played very well considering what our offense and special teams were doing to them.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    The first 12 minutes of the game looked great on TV: the stadium, the Tech football team, the fans, etc..
    Then, the reverse Midas touch began!!

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    I have finally achieved a zen-like calm after years of watching Tech football.
    Same for me too.

This wasn't a gut wrenching, we so shoulda won, game like Arkansas, Kansas State, Middle Tennessee, Kansas, NSU, etc....Could be easy to get over except for the concerns it brings up for the rest of this season.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

We definitely learned how important it was to have Trent Taylor in the game on third down. The 49ers are lucky to have him..

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

I thought our Defense really kept up the first quarter and even into almost half-time. They looked tired, but the first half points were mostly on our "special" teams and offense. Amik is legit good and will see a lot more interceptions. Again I have this suspicion that holds are no longer called. Many on our DL were grabbed by their collar (no call).

Boston Scott and Jared Craft are both good running backs. I wish one would get the majority of the touches, but I understand why it's not that way.

The student section was loud, full, and powerful most of the night. They didn't give up until well after our team had already given up.

Canty got horse-collared! Wasn't just held, when he was about to blindside Fitz, he gotten taken down from behind. Canty got up, his jersey and his shoulder pads all twisted, looking for a flag. Nope. At that point I knew, forget the zebras. They were either determined to help Moo State win, or at best, allow the players to settle it, even if that meant outside of the rules.

+ Reply to Thread