+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So glad

Bulldog DD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her game

So glad

I'm so glad that Dawgs fans have helped raise $$ for the DAC and the new press box and our great looking turf field. I'm also glad to see a great turnout ( "near" capacity) for the MS St game when asked to by coaches and admin. Our return on these investments was one giant flop,egg lay or fill in your own metaphor. I just hope next time we are able to schedule a P5 school at JAS we can look like a respectable product on the field! Sorry! Just had to vent!

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Re: So glad

It is college football - we are a really good G5 program right now - anytime a G5 team beats a P5 team, it is a special moment. We have had some good wins over the years. I like the overall stability that Holtz provides....I like the quality of players we have - both on and off the field.

The QB issues really resulted in the bloodbath - give credit to MSU - they looked like a top level SEC defense out there last weekend. We are still breaking in a new QB and it may take some time.

Regardless, the gameday at JAS and Ruston is so nice now. As a fan, I am happy with the little things that are being done right....those add up and pay off long term.

Quote Originally Posted by DD Dawg View Post
    I'm so glad that Dawgs fans have helped raise $$ for the DAC and the new press box and our great looking turf field. I'm also glad to see a great turnout ( "near" capacity) for the MS St game when asked to by coaches and admin. Our return on these investments was one giant flop,egg lay or fill in your own metaphor. I just hope next time we are able to schedule a P5 school at JAS we can look like a respectable product on the field! Sorry! Just had to vent!

Varsity Bulldog Dawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to all

DD Dawg--I don't usually comment on here, but your comments I think many tend to agree with---I had a "sarcastic" text Saturday night from a friend and Tech graduate who said something like "sure glad all those improvements have helped field a better product on the field"...or something like that...it came at a really BAD moment during the game, and touched a nerve for me...I told him FLAT out that Tech WAS in fact SEPARATING themselves from all others(except one of course) in the state, and that the reason we were was because of passionate, giving, alumni---UNLIKE HIM---and that will also allow us to help do things academically too---I basically told him his timing was bad and to stuff it--everybody--the admins, the loyal fans, you name it, were embarrassed Sat night---it very well could be a long, growing year in football--NOW is the time to be strong, positive, and move on--LONG TERM... ALL those improvement AND MORE I HOPE will in fact "pay off" with the ROI...it just didn't Sat night...he asked me Sunday if my anger had subsided, and I laughed and apologized, but couldn't understand WHY he didn't take a more helpful approach to our school--albeit academically or athletically---since he wants his 16 years old son to attend and despises another unnamed school--he really had no answer--but I neutralized a potential " giver" who certainly can give financially---its hard to understand as a very passionate supporter why others are so "laizze faire"(?) in their attitudes, but that "worm" will turn somewhere down the line...and, oh, BTW, did everybody notice ALL the mens and womens BB teams "working" the crowd Sat night? I sure did, as some stopped by our tailgate area...was a nice touch...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg74 View Post
    DD Dawg--I don't usually comment on here, but your comments I think many tend to agree with---I had a "sarcastic" text Saturday night from a friend and Tech graduate who said something like "sure glad all those improvements have helped field a better product on the field"...or something like that...it came at a really BAD moment during the game, and touched a nerve for me...I told him FLAT out that Tech WAS in fact SEPARATING themselves from all others(except one of course) in the state, and that the reason we were was because of passionate, giving, alumni---UNLIKE HIM---and that will also allow us to help do things academically too---I basically told him his timing was bad and to stuff it--everybody--the admins, the loyal fans, you name it, were embarrassed Sat night---it very well could be a long, growing year in football--NOW is the time to be strong, positive, and move on--LONG TERM... ALL those improvement AND MORE I HOPE will in fact "pay off" with the ROI...it just didn't Sat night...he asked me Sunday if my anger had subsided, and I laughed and apologized, but couldn't understand WHY he didn't take a more helpful approach to our school--albeit academically or athletically---since he wants his 16 years old son to attend and despises another unnamed school--he really had no answer--but I neutralized a potential " giver" who certainly can give financially---its hard to understand as a very passionate supporter why others are so "laizze faire"(?) in their attitudes, but that "worm" will turn somewhere down the line...and, oh, BTW, did everybody notice ALL the mens and womens BB teams "working" the crowd Sat night? I sure did, as some stopped by our tailgate area...was a nice touch...
    Great post. You should post more...only 188 posts in 15 years of THE BBB.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Great post. You should post more...only 188 posts in 15 years of THE BBB.
    Saves up the good stuff, unlike me

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I was not embarrassed. As I said in a pre-game post, I am a fan in the world of Tech Football. I did my job Saturday night. I was there, stood and cheered, and stayed to the very end to show support in some small way. There were a group of us still doing "Move the chains!" on that last drive. Why are we fans held accountable for how the team plays? If they are embarrassed (and some of them should be) then that's on them.

In the even bigger picture, I was VERY proud of alma mater Saturday. Not to give too much credence to the other side, but we did have an SEC team in our stadium, a nice size crowd, great atmosphere. The stadium is looking better and better with the continuous improvements. The whole campus is growing. My gosh! We have construction projects going on all over campus. Makes one think the Texas Department of Highways was involved!

I am just little ole me. A humble Tech fan. Been doing this for 41 years now. Standing the whole game on the east side of Aillet. I already posted some of the games, but I could add to the list. How about being on ABC Regional Game of the Week and getting clubbed by Buford Jordan and McNeese 45-8? Or, Dante Culpepper and UCF drilling us 64-30? So...57-21....been there, done that. Funny thing though....it hasn't made me stop rooting for my Dawgs!

See y'all Sept 30th.

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

If you are gonna stay and enjoy the blowout victories you gotta stay and be miserable during the blowout losses. See yall Sept 30th.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Beaz17 View Post
    If you are gonna stay and enjoy the blowout victories you gotta stay and be miserable during the blowout losses. See yall Sept 30th.
    Truth

Varsity Bulldog Docman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to all

I came all the way from Houston to see the game. I stayed the whole time and cheered the dogs to the end. I don't leave early, win or lose - GO Dawgs!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I suspect the team might need a little support and encouragement on Sept 30th. So, please show up.

Varsity Bulldog Dawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to all

PawDawg---I honestly forgot I did this---a senior moment maybe---but I did get a really good LAUGH out of your comment!! Thanks!��

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    It is college football - we are a really good G5 program right now - anytime a G5 team beats a P5 team, it is a special moment. We have had some good wins over the years. I like the overall stability that Holtz provides....I like the quality of players we have - both on and off the field.

The QB issues really resulted in the bloodbath - give credit to MSU - they looked like a top level SEC defense out there last weekend. We are still breaking in a new QB and it may take some time.

Regardless, the gameday at JAS and Ruston is so nice now. As a fan, I am happy with the little things that are being done right....those add up and pay off long term.
    I will not argue with you if you believe "we are a really good G5 program" and I will not say you are wrong for thinking Holtz provides stability. I just don't feel things have been what they should or could have been so far during the Holtz Era.

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    I will not argue with you if you believe "we are a really good G5 program" and I will not say you are wrong for thinking Holtz provides stability. I just don't feel things have been what they should or could have been so far during the Holtz Era.
    Care to elaborate? I do not agree or disagree just curious as to your thought process.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiloBumP View Post
    Care to elaborate? I do not agree or disagree just curious as to your thought process.
    Miss State was our 2017 chance for a quality win
    Texas Tech was our 2016 chance for a quality win
    Kansas St was our 2015 chance for a quality win
    2014 should have at least beaten Marshall
    NC State was our 2013 chance for a quality win
    2013 not beating Tulane in the Joe - unbelievable

We lost them

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    Miss State was our 2017 chance for a quality win
    Texas Tech was our 2016 chance for a quality win
    Kansas St was our 2015 chance for a quality win
    2014 should have at least beaten Marshall
    NC State was our 2013 chance for a quality win
    2013 not beating Tulane in the Joe - unbelievable

We gave them away
    FIFY (in many cases, anyway)

+ Reply to Thread