+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Other than the Obvious

Big Dog RUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the rough

Other than the Obvious

Until about 7:00PM I would say that was the best CFB atmosphere ever in Ruston.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Other than the Obvious

......So Mrs Lincoln, other than THAT, how did you enjoy your trip to the theater?........

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Just watched the replay of the infamous 93 yard loss for the 4th time. The first three times I was distracted by the ball bouncing.

I just noticed how many of our players quit on the play.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Last someone else mentioned on another thread, I thought everything was great except for our team's overall performance. My wife, who doesn't care for football, had a really good time. Nice weather. Good meal downtown. Enjoyed the trolley (even with the delays). Game productions and video board was entertaining. Liked the player recognition. Band sounded good. Great atmosphere. Cool fireworks. I won't have to twist her arm to go to the next game. Of course, the crowd probably won't be like that again but she is looking forward to coming next time. My teenage kids also had a blast. Hopefully, other non-football fans were impressed with the extra-curricular's.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Just watched the replay of the infamous 93 yard loss for the 4th time. The first three times I was distracted by the ball bouncing.

Was it C.J. Powell that recovered it? I said after the play that whoever recovered that deserved the damn game ball. (other than Amik, but let's not let his head get big)

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by louisiana_dog View Post
    Was it C.J. Powell that recovered it? I said after the play that whoever recovered that deserved the damn game ball. (other than Amik, but let's not let his head get big)
    Yes, he did what nobody else could.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

TAC sign looks badass.

Pressbox looks badass.

Why the HELL don't we send a live camera down to the bark circle?

Instead of focusing on our organic traditions like the BARK CIRCLE, we have to start a "new pre-game tradition," which was pretty lame imo.

I had y'alls inane band argument in my mind during the team walkthru and noticed that the BoP isn't very well choreographed at all. No real sense of cohesion or direction, things started at different times, kinda seemed like they were just killing time. Some of the crowd was into it but not all. Also realized I didn't really mind - part of the BoP's thing is being loose and carefree with the rules. So it didn't bother me that they can't march in formation and that they weren't wearing a uniform.

Bulldog Village was pretty cool. I like the improvements the COES tent has made! A+.

Good weather.

Fireworks were great.

Security was quick on the cowbells. I certainly came away from last night with a much lower opinion of MSU's fans and coaches. Do they not remember how bad they sucked for 100 years before Mullen and Dak?

All in all, enjoyed everything but the game. But just don't think I'll be able to justify the expense for another game while Skip is coach. At least until he proves he can beat/competitive/remember how what a football is in any game against a team that's not a bottom feeder FCS/Suckbelt school. Just not a wise financial decision at this point in my life

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Last someone else mentioned on another thread, I thought everything was great except for our team's overall performance. My wife, who doesn't care for football, had a really good time. Nice weather. Good meal downtown. Enjoyed the trolley (even with the delays). Game productions and video board was entertaining. Liked the player recognition. Band sounded good. Great atmosphere. Cool fireworks. I won't have to twist her arm to go to the next game. Of course, the crowd probably won't be like that again but she is looking forward to coming next time. My teenage kids also had a blast. Hopefully, other non-football fans were impressed with the extra-curricular's.
    The atmosphere was fun until about 10 minutes into the game. Unfortunately, the people behind me were Miss St. fans. One of them tapped me on the shoulder and asked if we had fireworks for every game. I should have told them yes, but I did tell them the truth. They were impressed with them as well. If our team had competed it would have been the perfect day.

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

I watched it several times too, the center was #61 Reed with the terrible snap. I think it's time to put him back at Tackle/Guard where he learned Freshman All-American Honors

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    TAC sign looks badass.

Why the HELL don't we send a live camera down to the bark circle?

All in all, enjoyed everything but the game. But just don't think I'll be able to justify the expense for another game while Skip is coach. At least until he proves he can beat/competitive/remember how what a football is in any game against a team that's not a bottom feeder FCS/Suckbelt school. Just not a wise financial decision at this point in my life
    Forgive me, but what is "bark circle?" Hopefully if we can get our act together (especially with improved Center play), we can play better over the next few games. I expect we'll beat WKU with their myriad of problems, and USCar will be the biggest test. But hopefully Skip will redeem himself...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BearDawg137 View Post
    I watched it several times too, the center was #61 Reed with the terrible snap. I think it's time to put him back at Tackle/Guard where he learned Freshman All-American Honors
    In real time, count the number of seconds (should be around 2 seconds) it takes our punter to kick the ball. A good special teams coach would have addressed this before season started.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

In real time, count the number of seconds (should be around 2 seconds) it takes our punter to kick the ball. A good special teams coach would have addressed this before season started.
    Glad I wasn't the only one who thought the punter held the ball for what seemed like an eternity before kicking it. More of his punts should have been blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Glad I wasn't the only one who thought the punter held the ball for what seemed like an eternity before kicking it. More of his punts should have been blocked.
    FWIW, the time is from snap to punt. I believe we are holding it a plus 2 seconds AFTER the snap.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

FWIW, the time is from snap to punt. I believe we are holding it a plus 2 seconds AFTER the snap.
    Who is our ST coach again ?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I thought having the fireworks during the band's performance was pretty odd. Most of the folks on the West side payed the fireworks very little attention until the grand finale.
    Good old Memorial Gym

+ Reply to Thread