+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No WKU TV broadcast in Ruston???

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Warning No WKU TV broadcast in Ruston???

According to @LaTechReport, CW Monroe will not be airing the game, so by extension, Ruston will not be getting the game.

KPXJ in Shreveport will be airing the game, but I don't think it's on Cable in Ruston. You may be able to get it by antenna.

The game will be streaming online, but it should be on TV in Ruston (home of Louisiana Tech BTW).

Does anyone know if the local access channel in Ruston is getting the game? I know they used to when I was there?

Seems like it would be pretty easy to find pro-Tech advertisers to cover the costs on CW in Monroe or locally.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: No WKU TV broadcast in Ruston???

I'd do some official complaining, but I dont live in Ruston anymore (and never had cable when I did).

But that is ridiculous. Simple stuff, guys.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Meanwhile Monroe/West Monroe will have at least 6 OTA stations running 20 plus year old reruns on saturday. They will be showing PSAs during commercial breaks.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Meanwhile Monroe/West Monroe will have at least 6 OTA stations running 20 plus year old reruns on saturday. They will be showing PSAs during commercial breaks.
    yep - see the Monroe OTA grid for 6pm Saturday
    CW - Cleveland Show/ Family Guy/ Bob's Burger repeats
    Attached Files Attached Files

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    According to @LaTechReport, CW Monroe will not be airing the game, so by extension, Ruston will not be getting the game.

KPXJ in Shreveport will be airing the game, but I don't think it's on Cable in Ruston. You may be able to get it by antenna.

The game will be streaming online, but it should be on TV in Ruston (home of Louisiana Tech BTW).

Does anyone know if the local access channel in Ruston is getting the game? I know they used to when I was there?

Seems like it would be pretty easy to find pro-Tech advertisers to cover the costs on CW in Monroe or locally.
    I encourage Shreveport, Bossier & Minden Tech supporters contact KTBS/KPXJ and let them know how much we appreciate them putting this on the air. We get KPXJ in Minden on Suddenlink so we'll have the game!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

We go from the do right two weeks ago with the NSU broadcast to this week's irregularity.

Can't we just be regular on our TV programming policy?

PS-We should own the CW every Saturday we're not on CBS or ESPN.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Puppy Hanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

If you have internet: Download the Pluto app to your tablet or smart phone. Stadium channel 207 on the Pluto channel guide is reported to carry this game, which you can stream to a smart TV or cast to a "non-smart" TV via Chromecast other devices. I understand that the Pluto app can also be downloaded direct to smart TVs. If this old dog can do it, 'most anyone can!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanover Dawg View Post
    If you have internet: Download the Pluto app to your tablet or smart phone. Stadium channel 207 on the Pluto channel guide is reported to carry this game, which you can stream to a smart TV or cast to a "non-smart" TV via Chromecast other devices. I understand that the Pluto app can also be downloaded direct to smart TVs. If this old dog can do it, 'most anyone can!
    You can also use the Twitter App to watch the game on your phone/table or OTT

Pluto.TV - http://pluto.tv/watch/stadium (Available on MOST Over-The-Top (OTT) Streaming devices)
    Pluto Availability -

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I think so, too, but I think our people have to be proactive. Go see the station manager with a list of the prospective advertisers in your hand.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I think so, too, but I think our people have to be proactive. Go see the station manager with a list of the prospective advertisers in your hand.
    I meant to say that I did say it in the hall of fame board thread
    As much as this is on Monroe Media, Tech Athletic Department/Learfield should have made this happen.

They have to know the cost to purchase the air time/broadcast. Tech/Learfield should have had advertisers lined up to pay the cost.

If reports are true that CW Monroe is not showing the game, then it will NOT air in Ruston as well, unless the local cable provider is getting the game.

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    I encourage Shreveport, Bossier & Minden Tech supporters contact KTBS/KPXJ and let them know how much we appreciate them putting this on the air. We get KPXJ in Minden on Suddenlink so we'll have the game!
    Done
    https://twitter.com/KTBS_Sports
    https://twitter.com/KPXJCW21
    https://twitter.com/tatumeverett

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

I need this game on TV - will be the start of my viewing day....with GGG and Canelo wrapping things up Sat evening

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Pluto TV downloaded and it works but no sound. Any hints on why and what to do?

PS just fixed it by going mute then unmute.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

You can also use the Twitter App to watch the game on your phone/table or OTT

Pluto.TV - http://pluto.tv/watch/stadium (Available on MOST Over-The-Top (OTT) Streaming devices)
    Pluto Availability -
    If anybody does not have an above device, I encourage you to request that the nursing home purchase one.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    If anybody does not have an above device, I encourage you to request that the nursing home purchase one.
    Funny. Even I have a few on that list.

+ Reply to Thread