+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: LSU's loss or LaTech's win?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: LSU's loss or LaTech's win?

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Was at the NSU-Lamar game last night, listening to the Nitzer, and people behind me were following the lspoo game. Some time about the time our game was wrapping up, about dozen or so "NSU" fans were lamenting lspoo's woes. A woman announces loudly, "that's okay, Tech is losing too." They went on and on. By that time, we win, and NSU is wrapped up in a nail-biter, but many seemed more concerned with the tiggers. I could hear them talking, sometimes yelling to each other. One says, "well Tech lost." "To who?" "Oh, Marshall I think....but they lost." So, I straightened 'em out, and say, "It was Western Kentucky...and Tech won." Disappointed looks greet me...so, I announce it again, "Tech won." Oh....okay....they mumble.

In case you didn't know....and you probably don't because you don't care, NSU beat Lamar 35-28. I like that Almond kid.
    Most leave after the band performs at the half. Might have had 6,000 in attendance at the peak, mid-first qtr. But some start leaving even before the half, and then it's a mass exodus.

They unveiled their new big screen TV/scoreboard. It's an improvement over the old one. What I do like is it's really a scoreboard....except someone forgot the game clock. Looks like they had to add a portable one, under the board, as an afterthought. They display team stats on the board and keep them updated real time. For instance at one point, NSU had 120 yards passing, Almond completed a pass for 20 yards, and in seconds the board changed to 140 yards passing. I like that feature.

We need a scoreboard in the SEZ. Something like what NSU has would be a nice compliment to Zilla. We could use the big screen TV part to run silent ads continuously. Such advertisement would pay for the board in short order.

BTW....Aillet is really taking shape. After watching two games at our place I really noticed the differences. NSU has faded, worn-out turf and the lights, whoa! Thought I had something wrong with my eyes, and then I remembered we have new stadium lights.
    Excellent job of repping Tech at the Demonic games.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

Most leave after the band performs at the half. Might have had 6,000 in attendance at the peak, mid-first qtr. But some start leaving even before the half, and then it's a mass exodus.

They unveiled their new big screen TV/scoreboard. It's an improvement over the old one. What I do like is it's really a scoreboard....except someone forgot the game clock. Looks like they had to add a portable one, under the board, as an afterthought. They display team stats on the board and keep them updated real time. For instance at one point, NSU had 120 yards passing, Almond completed a pass for 20 yards, and in seconds the board changed to 140 yards passing. I like that feature.

We need a scoreboard in the SEZ. Something like what NSU has would be a nice compliment to Zilla. We could use the big screen TV part to run silent ads continuously. Such advertisement would pay for the board in short order.

BTW....Aillet is really taking shape. After watching two games at our place I really noticed the differences. NSU has faded, worn-out turf and the lights, whoa! Thought I had something wrong with my eyes, and then I remembered we have new stadium lights.
    A video strip on the DAC could easily be used to constantly show scores from around the country/conference, as well. I know some stadiums do that, such as Cal, OK State. As it is we MIGHT get one update during the game. My phone usually dies because I'm too dumb to remember my portable charger and I like to be updated lol. Especially to know about other C-USA teams and any major games going on. (Make no mistake, when live football is happening I'm on my feet, paying attention, and making noise! HBTD.)

As for the original question, do casual Wal-Mart fans think about such things as "oh wow Tech scored 3x as many on State as LSU did?" I know people like us do, but do they? Although I did see on Twitter where a State fan made that observation and asked if LSU was the #2 team in Louisiana!

This past weekend definitely made me feel a lot better. Seeing State decimated LSU was awesome, almost as great as beating WKU! Makes the loss sting a little less. Still, I fear that one game will keep many casual fans away. A win over SCar might help mitigate that, although I doubt it would erase it entirely.

Varsity Bulldog DawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    I think I hear Frank Sinatra singing

LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoXLKgX0MgU

Varsity Bulldog DawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to behold

Either way it goes, if LSU has a good or great season they will recruit saying don't you want to be a part of a winning team and win a national championship? or if they had a bad season, hey you're such an amazing athlete, don't you want to lead us back to the national championship title... with your talent you're just the player we need.

This is why we need to focus on what we can do, not them. Continue to improve our game day experience, facilities, players and win.

Play it again, Sam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoXLKgX0MgU

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg28 View Post
    A video strip on the DAC could easily be used to constantly show scores from around the country/conference, as well. I know some stadiums do that, such as Cal, OK State. As it is we MIGHT get one update during the game. My phone usually dies because I'm too dumb to remember my portable charger and I like to be updated lol. Especially to know about other C-USA teams and any major games going on. (Make no mistake, when live football is happening I'm on my feet, paying attention, and making noise! HBTD.)

As for the original question, do casual Wal-Mart fans think about such things as "oh wow Tech scored 3x as many on State as LSU did?" I know people like us do, but do they? Although I did see on Twitter where a State fan made that observation and asked if LSU was the #2 team in Louisiana!

This past weekend definitely made me feel a lot better. Seeing State decimated LSU was awesome, almost as great as beating WKU! Makes the loss sting a little less. Still, I fear that one game will keep many casual fans away. A win over SCar might help mitigate that, although I doubt it would erase it entirely.
    My brother told me that its the general perception of State fans that Tech was a much better team despite our miscues.

That's small consolation.

And honestly this question will be decided on the field next year.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    My brother told me that its the general perception of State fans that Tech was a much better team despite our miscues.

That's small consolation.

And honestly this question will be decided on the field next year.
    With a different team for both of us, though. I can only hope that lsu sucks and we improve dramatically for next year.

+ Reply to Thread