+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LSU's loss or LaTech's win?

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Re: LSU's loss or LaTech's win?

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    That's exactly what I'm implying. Alot of people say they go to Baton Rouge to watch "real" football. I don't get it.
    If they want to watch "real" football they should watch the NFL.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Thanks to Boxer for bringing up this discussion...

The lsu loss last night was the first step in turning off the casual lsu fan. I'd guess 90% of them did not attend lsu. Reading facebook, I continue to be amazed at the number of people who went to Tech, but comment on lsu as lsu fans. 99% of them thought Orgeron was a good hire.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

All I know is that a TECH WIN coupled with an LSU blowout loss had me on cloud nine last night. HBTD!!

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't revel in the misery of others, I've felt the sting of disappointment too often for that. My contention is with the identity crisis that is rampant in North Louisiana. Why can't people accept the best things about OUR region? LaTech is one of the best things about this region. No, we're not LSU. We don't have those resources, we have not attained their level of game day experience, we haven't accomplished what they have on the field. But that's OK with me. I don't mind being smaller. I don't want to pretend like I'm something I'm not. It's about embracing where you are and relishing in one's portion. Maybe I'm not a "big time" type of guy and that's ok with me.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Varsity Bulldog OkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to all

I really don't revel in the misery of others, I've felt the sting of disappointment too often for that. My contention is with the identity crisis that is rampant in North Louisiana. Why can't people accept the best things about OUR region? LaTech is one of the best things about this region. No, we're not LSU. We don't have those resources, we have not attained their level of game day experience, we haven't accomplished what they have on the field. But that's OK with me. I don't mind being smaller. I don't want to pretend like I'm something I'm not. It's about embracing where you are and relishing in one's portion. Maybe I'm not a "big time" type of guy and that's ok with me.
    Like, Like, Like!!! 100%

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with your post, and it's well stated, Boxer. It's just really hard to live "amongst" these yahoos. My north Louisiana peeps can back it up. Facebook last night was on one hand a HOOT as these never-went-to-college-anywhere types melted down over their beloved tiggers, but on the other hand it was annoying as heck with their uneducated posts, talking about "we" and "us" like they have some ownership in Baton Rouge. It's whatever I guess...

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

I don't revel in others misery unless it is self inflicted and deserved. Karma man.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    Real Tech fans could care less about LSU. Probably be 2-2 when we play S Alabama. We put 21 on MS - LSU only 7 . We lost by 34 they lost by 30. HUGE win tonite, despite a lot of drops -- we will have our usual crowd for better or worse . Last thing, assuming we come to Ruston 2-2 vs 1-3 . - that's important
    I guess I'm a real Tech fan.

Let me make this clear . . . I COULD NOT care less about LSU.

That's is all.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by weunice View Post
    If they want to watch "real" football they should watch the NFL.
    The NFL is flag football. It stopped being real football a few years ago.

Varsity Bulldog rlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Last nights win was crucial. I still can't believe we pulled that one out. With a little more consistency on offense we could be a very good team. Biggest thing on defense is we have to figure out more effective ways to bring pressure. Middle LB blitz has not been effective to date. Jaylon has flashes but other than a couple plays last night, he hasn't been up to last years form.
    Especially having blitzers that are 10-15 yards behind our side of the line of scrimmage, that delay blitz and just run straight at a pile of blockers. If their assigned blitz lane is full of blockers, then they should either stay in coverage or be able to blitz in an area that is not congested and full of blockers. Starting that far back, the QB usually gets rid of the ball before they get there anyways.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Somebody asked Franco Harris last week what would have happened if one of his team mates had not stood for the national anthem. He said Jack Lambert would have stood on one side of him and Joe Greene would have stood on the other and he would have stood immediately.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Somebody asked Franco Harris last week what would have happened if one of his team mates had not stood for the national anthem. He said Jack Lambert would have stood on one side of him and Joe Greene would have stood on the other and he would have stood immediately.
    LOL! I believe that.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    I guess I'm a real Tech fan.

Let me make this clear . . . I COULD NOT care less about LSU.

That's is all.
    Was at the NSU-Lamar game last night, listening to the Nitzer, and people behind me were following the lspoo game. Some time about the time our game was wrapping up, about dozen or so "NSU" fans were lamenting lspoo's woes. A woman announces loudly, "that's okay, Tech is losing too." They went on and on. By that time, we win, and NSU is wrapped up in a nail-biter, but many seemed more concerned with the tiggers. I could hear them talking, sometimes yelling to each other. One says, "well Tech lost." "To who?" "Oh, Marshall I think....but they lost." So, I straightened 'em out, and say, "It was Western Kentucky...and Tech won." Disappointed looks greet me...so, I announce it again, "Tech won." Oh....okay....they mumble.

In case you didn't know....and you probably don't because you don't care, NSU beat Lamar 35-28. I like that Almond kid.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

What makes the biggest impact on the next home game's attendance?
    Neither. A win against SC would really give our attendance a bump. A loss (especially a blow out) and the fans are - meh. A close loss might not hurt too bad.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Neither. A win against SC would really give our attendance a bump. A loss (especially a blow out) and the fans are - meh. A close loss might not hurt too bad.
    Nailed it.

+ Reply to Thread