+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LSU's loss or LaTech's win?

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: LSU's loss or LaTech's win?

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Was at the NSU-Lamar game last night, listening to the Nitzer, and people behind me were following the lspoo game. Some time about the time our game was wrapping up, about dozen or so "NSU" fans were lamenting lspoo's woes. A woman announces loudly, "that's okay, Tech is losing too." They went on and on. By that time, we win, and NSU is wrapped up in a nail-biter, but many seemed more concerned with the tiggers. I could hear them talking, sometimes yelling to each other. One says, "well Tech lost." "To who?" "Oh, Marshall I think....but they lost." So, I straightened 'em out, and say, "It was Western Kentucky...and Tech won." Disappointed looks greet me...so, I announce it again, "Tech won." Oh....okay....they mumble.

In case you didn't know....and you probably don't because you don't care, NSU beat Lamar 35-28. I like that Almond kid.
    Reminds me of a game I saw at NSU in 1988. The announcer had given the partial score "Kansas State 28, Louisiana Tech 7" to a roar. After the game an NSU fan told a buddy, "What a great day, we won and Tech lost." Of course Tech had come back to win 31-28 that day. Always wondered about his thoughts when he got our final score later. So they still are obsessed with us? LOVE IT!

I LOVE being the chase-ee rather than the chaser. Separation!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Neither. A win against SC would really give our attendance a bump. A loss (especially a blow out) and the fans are - meh. A close loss might not hurt too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post
    Nailed it.
    Y'all don't realize the impact a good lsu team has on our own potential fan base. Them losing to any team is always good. Them getting blown out by the team that beat us last week matters.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I don't disagree with you PD I'm just saying how we play SC will affect the following game attendance more than what LSU did this past weekend. Just because LSU loses the casual fan doesn't mean we get them right away. It would probably take one or two years of bad LSU ball to significantly draw the Wal Mart fans. The ones from N. La. don't go to LSU games when they're winning so they probably just won't go to any games at first. They are not going to immediately change their allegiance.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Makes a huge difference, the mumbling in church this morning was Epic by the wannabe tigers, I let them know we scored 21 on them and should of scored 35....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I would venture that a significant number of our fans in attendance for the Miss State were "LSU first" LaTech fans. These are people (many are alum) who are focused on LSU unless Tech plays a big game. That's why you don't see them for the majority of games. Now, if LSU sucks, you will see them because they don't have anything else to do.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I don't disagree with you PD I'm just saying how we play SC will affect the following game attendance more than what LSU did this past weekend. Just because LSU loses the casual fan doesn't mean we get them right away. It would probably take one or two years of bad LSU ball to significantly draw the Wal Mart fans. The ones from N. La. don't go to LSU games when they're winning so they probably just won't go to any games at first. They are not going to immediately change their allegiance.
    The question did not have a third option regarding the USC game for an answer? It was which of these two...?

IMO,we should go after Tech alumni first not the casual WalMart fans. You'd be amazed at the number of Tech alumni who choose to attend lsu games and watch parties rather than go to our games. Many of them can be seen at our home games when they remain in the tailgate area like nlulm fans do. I see them every week here in Monroe/West Monroe.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

They need to be shamed into doing their duty as alum.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

The question was "What makes the biggest impact on the next home game's attendance?" The title of the thread was the either/or.

If the next home game was next week I would answer that the Tech Win would influence attendance more. But it's always the last game that affects our attendance. Maybe not everyone else's. LSU is playing Syracse at home next weekend so the Wal Mart fans can expect an easy win and they will tune in and turn out in droves for another easy win against Troy. I don't believe their loss this weekend will affect either their or our attendance in two weeks. Now if they really slip up and lose to Syracuse that's another story.

And by the way I would put all those Tech alumni who attend LSU games and watch parties right in there with the Wal Mart fans. They probably didn't go to games when they were on campus unless they were in a Frat or Sorority.

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    If they had shame they would not be lsu kool kids.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Last nights win was crucial. I still can't believe we pulled that one out. With a little more consistency on offense we could be a very good team. Biggest thing on defense is we have to figure out more effective ways to bring pressure. Middle LB blitz has not been effective to date. Jaylon has flashes but other than a couple plays last night, he hasn't been up to last years form.

Which may be because he is tying up two blockers, freeing another lineman or linebacker, and potentially making blitzes more effective - maybe even bringing a corner on occasion.

Wasn't it Ferguson who sacked the QB allowing Tech one last, and winning, possession?

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Was at the NSU-Lamar game last night, listening to the Nitzer, and people behind me were following the lspoo game. Some time about the time our game was wrapping up, about dozen or so "NSU" fans were lamenting lspoo's woes. A woman announces loudly, "that's okay, Tech is losing too." They went on and on. By that time, we win, and NSU is wrapped up in a nail-biter, but many seemed more concerned with the tiggers. I could hear them talking, sometimes yelling to each other. One says, "well Tech lost." "To who?" "Oh, Marshall I think....but they lost." So, I straightened 'em out, and say, "It was Western Kentucky...and Tech won." Disappointed looks greet me...so, I announce it again, "Tech won." Oh....okay....they mumble.

In case you didn't know....and you probably don't because you don't care, NSU beat Lamar 35-28. I like that Almond kid.
    I quit going to NSU games about 6 years ago. Their fans were listening to the LSPoo games on their phones. They did NOT stand up and yell for the DEMONS when the other team had the ball on third down. And most of the DEMON fans were just there to see and be seen!! The game I saw was close and the DEMONS were behind by three points at half time.. It made no difference to the DEMON fans...most left at half time.

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    I quit going to NSU games about 6 years ago. Their fans were listening to the LSPoo games on their phones. T.
    It hasn't been that long since many fans around me were listening to LSU games on their phone. The difference being they were mostly hoping LSU lost.

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    Reminds me of a game I saw at NSU in 1988. The announcer had given the partial score "Kansas State 28, Louisiana Tech 7" to a roar. After the game an NSU fan told a buddy, "What a great day, we won and Tech lost." Of course Tech had come back to win 31-28 that day. Always wondered about his thoughts when he got our final score later. So they still are obsessed with us? LOVE IT!

I LOVE being the chase-ee rather than the chaser. Separation!
    Do you remember what we witnessed in Tuscaloosa?

Leaving Tech's first win over Bama someone on the street yelled "Auburn lost" and it was followed by a cheer.

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

LSU losing will always be a positive thing for Tech until we reach the plateau that LSU resides upon. LSU losing is a good night for Tech, Tech Dawgs winning is a great night, and both happening makes an excellent night, especially when it gives Tech some redemption!

Varsity Bulldog DawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    I don't believe shaming is the way to go about winning over fans. So many positive things are occurring in Tech athletics. Specific to football (since this is the football forum) I have never heard more positive comments about the game day experience than this year. The facilities are improving, we have consistency with head football coach, three straight 9 + win seasons and bowl victories, etc.. Keep winning and the attendance will grow. In my opinion, an important needed step is clear, consistent messaging from from the President, AD, every coach, every athletic department employee what Tech's goal is. If playing for a national championship or being in the top bowls is even remotely on their radar screen as a goal (and it should be) they should have a defined timeline, process, steps of how to get there and consistently speak that messaging. The school in BR has this as their goal and there is ZERO reason it should not be our goal. It is achievable. It won't happen if it's not our Goal. Fans want to cheer for championships and athletes want to play for conference, bowl and national championships. Yes, I know we need to win a conference championship first, but I hope that's not the end goal... I'm sure it's not, but thinking bigger and focusing on bigger and instilling that confindence in our fans, athletes and recruits is important. Some say it starts from the ground up, some say top down. It's both but it's important for the top to lead. The Leadership at Tech has greatly improved in recent years and there are results to show for it, and I'm sure as the program continues to solidify it won't be long before the next level championship conversation begins. Go Dawgs.

+ Reply to Thread