+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Week 4: @South Carolina (9/23)

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

Re: Week 4: @South Carolina (9/23)

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post

Irrevalent. He's at Tech. And he had a stop at USF before coming here. Anything and everything done at ECU has no bearing on anything.
    And I'd argue that his past does make a difference. It shows he has the potential to do great things. It's why F_U made their hires. Holtz did decent things at USF, even though it ultimately ended in failure

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BearDawg137 View Post
    This website disagrees with you on the bowl: http://www.fanatics.com/Heart_of_Dal...wl_Merchandise

This CUSA media publication disagree with you on the division championship (see at least page 6) http://www.conferenceusa.com/documents/2017/6/29/2017_C_USA_Football_Guide.pdf

I
    'm sure I can find several more sources to back up my claim. They are also championships in Tech's eyes, and my eyes, but maybe not to you
    Bowl champs is not equal to bowl championship. And it's a retail store.

With CUSA publication, again, being a champion of something does not equal championship.
    Another emotional vs. logical post. 10% is still greater than 0%, thus even if Holtz only one 1/100, he has still beaten the Money 5 while still at Tech.
    Are you stupid? (There's your emotional response you're desperate to see.)

It makes a difference to me. I don't want to root for a Sun Belt school which is blown out against good competition. Holtz has rarely been blown out, and MOST of his losses have been close. I'm choosing to ignore 2013 here (in my defense I was studying out of the country that year)
    What does the Sunbelt have to do with P5 schools? Beating a P5, rather it be the MSU, USC, Ole Miss, Illinois of the world or the Iowa St, Kentucky, WSU, or BC of the world, is always good.

Though we play a bunch of Sunbelt schools in CUSA clothing, we aren't Sunbelt.

Close losses are still losses.

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Bowl champs is not equal to bowl championship. And it's a retail store.

Nowhere in the CUSA publication (of the parts I read) is there a reference anything being a division championship. Here, again, is a moment where being a champions of something does not equal championship.

Are you stupid? (There's your emotional response you're desperate to see.)

Close losses are still losses.
    I should ask if you can read, because clearly page 6 of the media guide calls the division winners Divisional Champions (I should also mention it lists us as regular season champions on the same page)

Close losses usually make for fun games (except for when we collapse like last night and the UH game), and that for most people means a good product

afds.jpg

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Champions of Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Champions of Life.
    They call the winners champions too http://www.armedforcesbowl.com/our-game/trophy

I know we want to be conference and national champions, but it's not like we've accomplished nothing

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Division championships and Bowl championships are still championships bud :P

I know what you mean, but I believe Holtz can do it. Many people say Holtz hasn't beaten a Money 5 while at Tech, that's wrong because he beat a bowl eligible Money 5, much better than the 3 Money 5 teams that Sonny Dykes beat (Illinois was 6-6 when we played in 2014, Dykes beat a 2-10 Illinios & 4-8 Virginia in 2012, and a 2-10 Ole Miss in 2011)!

He also beat two top 15 teams in his final year at ECU, and I believe he finished with 2 straight CUSA championships there

Sonny's close game against Texas A&M (11-3) & Houston (13-1) were probably his best losses, followed by Utah State (11-2) and MSST (7-6). Holtz's close losses against KST and Arkansas weren't terrible either (I'm saying best as the competition was decent, not like 2014 NWST or ODU, or 2011 Hawaii; let's revisit USCar at the end of the year)

Dooley's one big Money 5 win was against a 4-8 MSST.

Only other times we beat a Money 5 with bowl eligibility this century were with 8-5 Michigan State and 8-5 Oklahoma State (both with Luke McCown) ... just saying
    IMO, Sonny's "best loss" was the 31-24 loss to #16 TCU in the Poinsettia Bowl. We played very well that night, but still lost to a TCU team that was simply better than us. Tech led until the 4th quarter. That's when TCU mounted a flawless 18-play 72-yd drive to tie the game. That drive consumed 9 min and 21 seconds, and averaged 4 yards per play. I didn't think it would ever end.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...meId=313552348

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    IMO, Sonny's "best loss" was the 31-24 loss to #16 TCU in the Poinsettia Bowl. We played very well that night, but still lost to a TCU team that was simply better than us. Tech led until the 4th quarter. That's when TCU mounted a flawless 18-play 72-yd drive to tie the game. That drive consumed 9 min and 21 seconds, and averaged 4 yards per play. I didn't think it would ever end.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...meId=313552348
    I agree, I missed that one. But I believe the loss by 2 to the final ranking #6 team and Heisman Trophy winner is better. I'd say TCU would be #2, Houston/USU tied for 3, and MSST 5

Varsity Bulldog diamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the rough

Division championships and Bowl championships are still championships bud :P

Sonny's close game against Texas A&M (11-3) & Houston (13-1) were probably his best losses, followed by Utah State (11-2) and MSST (7-6). Holtz's close losses against KST and Arkansas weren't terrible either (I'm saying best as the competition was decent, not like 2014 NWST or ODU, or 2011 Hawaii; let's revisit USCar at the end of the year)
    Sonny did manage a Conference Championship, something that has eluded Skip to date. Far as I'm concerned, that's a bigger accomplishment then beating Illinois in the Bowl game.

Would really like to see Skip and the boys pull that off this year.

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddawg31 View Post
    Sonny did manage a Conference Championship, something that has eluded Skip to date. Far as I'm concerned, that's a bigger accomplishment then beating Illinois in the Bowl game.

Would really like to see Skip and the boys pull that off this year.
    As would we all.

+ Reply to Thread