+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Aints

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Re: The Aints

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Well, that sucked.
    Only the Saints could lose like that.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Feel bad for Williams- don't know what he was doing- but it was reported he fell down before getting to locker room and was in tears. Just like many Tech games this year, 1 play didn't lose this game. Horrible offense in first half. If we'd gotten 3rd & 1 on last drive, we'd have bled the clock.

I didn't think we'd have an answer for Vikes defense after the first half, but Brees and co. Proved me wrong.

Was this Brees' last game in a Saints uniform? I don't want to break the bank to have a couple more years.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I don't feel bad for Williams, I feel for his teammates. What a maroon! That, in full display, is everything that is wrong with coaching today.

"Mr. Bob" my junior high defensive coach would be going ballistic! He taught us to ALWAYS "see" the guy we're tackling. That is, keep your head up and your eyes on the guy with the ball. Such simple, basic fundamentals. So easy, 12 and 13 year olds get it....but apparently not NFL DBs.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I don't feel bad for Williams, I feel for his teammates. What a maroon! That, in full display, is everything that is wrong with coaching today.

"Mr. Bob" my junior high defensive coach would be going ballistic! He taught us to ALWAYS "see" the guy we're tackling. That is, keep your head up and your eyes on the guy with the ball. Such simple, basic fundamentals. So easy, 12 and 13 year olds get it....but apparently not NFL DBs.
    Are we sure Williams isn't a Tech alum? Looks like he was schooled in the La. Tech art of tackling! I agree....what a maroon!

Not only did he whiff at the receiver, he body blocked another Saints defensive back that could have possibly caught the receiver.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    Only the Saints could lose like that.
    Nah, the Chokeboys and Romo have the Top Honor for that covered.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Williams had one int already during the game and had a great rookie year starting 15 games. But that SUCKED!!!

That said, I'm over it already. It was an incredible year for the Saints!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I hope the Eagles benefit from 100+ yards of penalties on the Vikes....just in the 1st half, and then win the game on some goofy play at the end. Saints got screwed, by the zebras, mostly in the 1st half. Of course dimwitted Sean Payton doesn't challenge some obviously bad calls...that under normal circumstances would have gone his way, and instead loses both challenges on obvious calls. Of course, as Troy Aikman pointed out it's tough on a coach who doesn't have the luxury of seeing the replay several times during the time when a challenge can be made.

I would like for Jax and Philly to advance to the Super Bowl. That's who I'm rooting for, anyway.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

I hope the Eagles benefit from 100+ yards of penalties on the Vikes....just in the 1st half, and then win the game on some goofy play at the end. Saints got screwed, by the zebras, mostly in the 1st half. Of course dimwitted Sean Payton doesn't challenge some obviously bad calls...that under normal circumstances would have gone his way, and instead loses both challenges on obvious calls. Of course, as Troy Aikman pointed out it's tough on a coach who doesn't have the luxury of seeing the replay several times during the time when a challenge can be made.

I would like for Jax and Philly to advance to the Super Bowl. That's who I'm rooting for, anyway.
    Payton said in his press conference after the game that the monitors in the Saints booth were not working.

In listening to sports talk radio out of New Orleans today there are apparently monitors set up in each team's press box booth by the NFL that have immediate instant replay, including split screen capability. The Saints have multiple staff members responsible for reviewing each play. Those staff members then have headset access to Sean Payton. Those monitors in the Saints booth were not working. The NFL tried throughout the course of the game but never could get them working. So the only replay Payton had was what was being shown on the screens in the stadium.
    Last edited by The Historian; 01-15-2018 at 02:41 PM.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    If we'd gotten 3rd & 1 on last drive, we'd have bled the clock.

Was this Brees' last game in a Saints uniform? I don't want to break the bank to have a couple more years.
    You're right about 3rd and 1. The fact they really didn't try to pick it up is what is so frustrating. They would have been better off running a QB sneak with the multiple running backs behind Brees pushing the pile. Leaving it up to the defense is always risky. Even more risky with so little experience in the secondary. Two rookies and two second year players.

Also regarding Brees: During his interview with CST after the game he said he's not going anywhere.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

The Saints were the better team. The Vikings QB, Keenum(?), played well but threw some prayers that were caught, including the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    The Saints were the better team. The Vikings QB, Keenum(?), played well but threw some prayers that were caught, including the last one.
    That's the second time that little bastard has beaten my favorite team with a "miracle."

Yes, I have to say the Saints are the better team. But in the playoffs you don't get a re-do. It's also a 60 minute game and the first 30 are as important as the second 30.

That's the second time that little bastard has beaten my favorite team with a "miracle."

Yes, I have to say the Saints are the better team. But in the playoffs you don't get a re-do. It's also a 60 minute game and the first 30 are as important as the second 30.
    Heck, every second is important.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

In Tech's case, you could say the second 30 are as important as the first 30.

+ Reply to Thread