+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: One last win

Big Dog Terence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of light Terence32's Avatar

Re: One last win

Prayers to you Scott. We have never met but you are an inspiration and a great BULLDOG.
    Always and forever my good man

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Prayers for your family and your personal peace Scott.

Thanks for sharing your experience Andy. What a great testimony to our Tech family.

Varsity Bulldog bdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud of bdawg's Avatar

Scott, proud to see you walk up the hill at the State game, and was glad you got to take the field with the Dawgs one more time. Prayers for you and your family. Clyde and Juke are headed to Columbia to help secure your wish.

Varsity Bulldog dadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the rough

Blessings from the almighty above to Scott and family.

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar

Wow, reading this really got me. We don't know each other, Scott, but you were instrumental in making me a lifelong fan of the Dawgs. I'll never forget the feeling of elation of being in the stands that day when you and the Dawgs beat Colorado State. That feeling continued every time we beat the Baylors, Cals, Oklahoma State, Alabama's, Michigan States, etc all the way to today. I don't know what it will be like when we get to heaven, but I have to assume that the joy and elation that I felt after all of those wins will not come close to comparing.

Thank you for the joy that you brought to all of us in the Joe on those days so long ago. I pray for peace for you and your family in the coming days and envy you seeing Christ soon. That truly is winning. God bless you sir.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Praying for you and your family Scott. Trust in the Lord and God bless you!

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Scott, we have never met, but I cheered for you as a player and I'm praying for you now. Goodbyes are never fun, and I appreciate your dignity.

In that 1990 game, CSU was beating us with just a few minutes to go until we pulled off the upset. The clock isn't on your side today, but I'm still rooting for you to pull off another upset.

All the best to you and your family. I hope our Bulldogs can deliver your wish.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Scott, I want to thank you for sharing just a little of what you and your family have been through. I know it's been difficult, and I'm so sorry that it's ending this way. But please remember GOD HAS A PLAN for you and your family. You will be missed, and many of us will be praying for you and your family. I know this.....watching #57 for LA Tech will never be the same again for me.

Andy, thank you for sharing your remarkable story too. What an amazing testimony.

This is what "family" is all about. This is Louisiana Tech.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

I don't know you Scott, but your faith and your courage are truly an inspiration to me. God bless you and your family.

Big Dog TBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of light TBDawg01's Avatar

Wow, this thread has been truly moving. I often reflect on my love for Tech and am not sure exactly why it thrives, this thread and these stories remind me of why. I met most of my best friends at that university, it is truly home for me.

God bless you Scott.

Travis Ray Boney

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Hey Scott, God Bless you and your family in this difficult time!
    Good Luck to you and the Bulldogs this weekend for your wish!

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I'm at work and tears are flowing. What a great honor it is to be a part of such great company. My heart is full but the words escape me....

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Several times I have started to reply to this thread but could not bring myself to type. I have met only a few of the members on this board but over time you do get to know them. So it really saddens me when anyone is going thru difficulties. This one is different.

when I was 18 one of my best friends was killed in a car accident. I remembered something his mother asked me. "Please don't forget about him"

Scott, you gave us so many wonderful memories. You were one of JRP's boys. You were everything a Dawg should be.

You will be remembered!!

I love you my friend!

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I didn't see this thread until last night, and something occurred to me after I responded to Scott's post...

Too often, we wait until people are gone to say nice things about them and honor them appropriately. Let's not wait that long this time.

My first thought was that we should rename the "Rockett Board" the "Scott Collis Board." Scott was on the Spirit of '88 team, played on the '90 bowl team, and has been an active alumnus and BBB member. Renaming that board might sound a little controversial to some, but it feels like we should do something since he has been not only one of our posters, but also one of our student athletes during some of our most difficult years.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    I didn't see this thread until last night, and something occurred to me after I responded to Scott's post...

Too often, we wait until people are gone to say nice things about them and honor them appropriately. Let's not wait that long this time.

My first thought was that we should rename the "Rockett Board" the "Scott Collis Board." Scott was on the Spirit of '88 team, played on the '90 bowl team, and has been an active alumnus and BBB member. Renaming that board might sound a little controversial to some, but it feels like we should do something since he has been not only one of our posters, but also one of our student athletes during some of our most difficult years.
    It's crazy to me that we have no one, but two sections of the board named after faithful board members who've lost a battle with cancer...Galen Rockett and Lee Fletcher. And we're looking at the possibility of another dawg brother making that journey. Heavy stuff.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread