+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One last win

Hybrid View

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

One last win

As most know on here, I am terminally I'll with cancer and my doc told me today I have 2 to 3 weeks.

My last request is for Tech to play a complete game against usc. I would love a win but to play a great game and compete the way tech has in the past would be awesome to see.

I want to say thank you all for listening rants and criticism of recent play. If I did not care I would not post. My fellow dogs I am really proud of our legacy and keep the love going after I'm gone. God willing I will be wearing my tech gear in heaven and cheering them on to a big win.

Dog in life and death. I will miss you all.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: One last win

Scott, I'm glad you were able to be an Honorary Captain this year. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Big Dog latechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the rough

Man, I will be honest, that made me tear up. I may not know you personally but I can see your love for Tech and we are honored to have you on triple B. Praying for you. I do not post much anymore but I do read weekly and I am glad you posted on here.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by latechbulldawgfanatic View Post
    Man, I will be honest, that made me tear up. I may not know you personally but I can see your love for Tech and we are honored to have you on triple B. Praying for you. I do not post much anymore but I do read weekly and I am glad you posted on here.
    Dittos from me. And, Rhino, thanks for sharing your story. I was at the Colorado State game and remember it well. I think that game is one of the defining moments in Tech football history.
    Go Tech!

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Scott, that is a truly saddening update. You are a model Louisiana Tech fan and I will always remember your 1990 comment after the Colorado State win "If that don't get us to a bowl game, then I don't know what will! Take us (Independence Bowl), we'll be there!"

We are proud and blessed to call you our Louisiana Tech brother.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Scott please send a thank you to Tyson, i spoke with him about your situation and asked for him to see what he could do. You have my prayers.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

We have never met but you have to be THE ULTIMATE BULLDOG!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Damn - so sorry to hear this.

Quote Originally Posted by cscollis View Post
    As most know on here, I am terminally I'll with cancer and my doc told me today I have 2 to 3 weeks.

My last request is for Tech to play a complete game against usc. I would love a win but to play a great game and compete the way tech has in the past would be awesome to see.

I want to say thank you all for listening rants and criticism of recent play. If I did not care I would not post. My fellow dogs I am really proud of our legacy and keep the love going after I'm gone. God willing I will be wearing my tech gear in heaven and cheering them on to a big win.

Dog in life and death. I will miss you all.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Check out one of the best Louisiana Tech football TEAMS in the history of our university at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE1IRRekBaY . Offensive RG #57 is Scott Collis. For the younger fans, this was a time when bowl bids (every single one of them) were HARD AS HELL to come by! See Scott's comments at 1:22:07 and 1:25:55 (as well as his teammates') to see the true passion those players had for LA Tech football.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Check out one of the best Louisiana Tech football TEAMS in the history of our university at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE1IRRekBaY . Offensive RG #57 is Scott Collis. For the younger fans, this was a time when bowl bids (every single one of them) were HARD AS HELL to come by! See Scott's comments at 1:22:07 and 1:25:55 (as well as his teammates') to see the true passion those players had for LA Tech football.
    DW, thanks for finding this and posting. The last segment of that has been on my mind every time Scott's name passes thru my eardrums.

Yes, Scott, those words, your character and passion, are a blessing to all who got to experience them. God really changes hearts when we just be who He created us to be, and live the life He gives us. I know He awaits with wonderful rewards for the work He has done through your faithfulness. Love ya brother.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Scott,

I met you briefly in the DAC as I was leaving. I sit on the left side on the front row more or less in front of where you were sitting.

You may not recall, but there was an honorary captain for the Colorado State game on that beautiful crisp November day in 1990. He was 4 years old, completely bald, staring down death, but full of life.

That day, November 17, was his 4th birthday. We asked him a week or two before what kind of party he wanted and without hesitation he said a tailgate birthday party!

Once that was the plan I went to work to try to make it as special as possible. Between regular visits to St. Jude and the other demands of being parents of 3 kids under 4 my wife and I didn't have a lot of time to make big plans for our little man but we knew one thing for certain; David loved football and especially loved the Dogs! We knew we needed to do everything possible to get him a special birthday gameday tailgate experience, so I contacted then-SID Keith Prince and told him what David had requested and how special it would be if we could just get him down on the sidelines around you and the rest of the players, even if only for a little while.

Well, a day or two later Keith called me back and said they just didn't feel it would be safe for him on the sidelines, and my heart began to sink. BUT, he said they also wanted to make it a special day, and as he laid out his plan tears welled up in my eyes, as they had many many times over the past 3 years since his diagnosis of leukemia. A big difference was these were tears of joy, not sorrow, because I could already see in my minds eye the smile this would put on the face of my first born son, who in 4 years had gone through more pain, suffering and life-threatening situations than some folks face in a lifetime. If Keith had been there with me rather than on the phone I'm sure I would have delivered a rib-crushing hug. He was/is truly a Prince.

With the arrangements made, we had our usual tailgate, which back in that day was not much more than a picnic, a far cry from today's affairs. For this day we DID have a great birthday cake made to look like a football field complete with little players from one of those magnetized vibrating football games. After this repast we made our way to The Joe. Shortly thereafter David walked out onto that field, and though very excited, also very business like, with his game face on, understanding he was really getting to do something special, greeted the opposing captains alongside our own, "helped" with the coin toss and went back to the sidelines and gave Tech (not sure what Roman numeral bulldog he was) a pat on the head before heading back up the stairs to the stadium. We all know the rest of the story. You and your teammates gave us all, but especially David, a day we'll never forget. The Dawgs won, the goalposts came down and history was made.

That was David's last birthday. He passed away the following September, on the 27th. This month will mark 26 years. You and you brethren did a helluva job for all us loyal fans that day, and especially for one little 4 year old fan who was convinced y'all hung the moon and painted the stars. I have one more job for you. When you get to the other side, give him a high five for me (he left us before fist bumps became a thing), tell him Momma and Daddy still love him, still go to the games, tailgate just down the hill from where we had his last birthday party and think about him often.

#HBTD #EVERLOYALBE

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDawg View Post
    Scott,

I met you briefly in the DAC as I was leaving. I sit on the left side on the front row more or less in front of where you were sitting.

You may not recall, but there was an honorary captain for the Colorado State game on that beautiful crisp November day in 1990. He was 4 years old, completely bald, staring down death, but full of life.

That day, November 17, was his 4th birthday. We asked him a week or two before what kind of party he wanted and without hesitation he said a tailgate birthday party!

Once that was the plan I went to work to try to make it as special as possible. Between regular visits to St. Jude and the other demands of being parents of 3 kids under 4 my wife and I didn't have a lot of time to make big plans for our little man but we knew one thing for certain; David loved football and especially loved the Dogs! We knew we needed to do everything possible to get him a special birthday gameday tailgate experience, so I contacted then-SID Keith Prince and told him what David had requested and how special it would be if we could just get him down on the sidelines around you and the rest of the players, even if only for a little while.

Well, a day or two later Keith called me back and said they just didn't feel it would be safe for him on the sidelines, and my heart began to sink. BUT, he said they also wanted to make it a special day, and as he laid out his plan tears welled up in my eyes, as they had many many times over the past 3 years since his diagnosis of leukemia. A big difference was these were tears of joy, not sorrow, because I could already see in my minds eye the smile this would put on the face of my first born son, who in 4 years had gone through more pain, suffering and life-threatening situations than some folks face in a lifetime. If Keith had been there with me rather than on the phone I'm sure I would have delivered a rib-crushing hug. He was/is truly a Prince.

With the arrangements made, we had our usual tailgate, which back in that day was not much more than a picnic, a far cry from today's affairs. For this day we DID have a great birthday cake made to look like a football field complete with little players from one of those magnetized vibrating football games. After this repast we made our way to The Joe. Shortly thereafter David walked out onto that field, and though very excited, also very business like, with his game face on, understanding he was really getting to do something special, greeted the opposing captains alongside our own, "helped" with the coin toss and went back to the sidelines and gave Tech (not sure what Roman numeral bulldog he was) a pat on the head before heading back up the stairs to the stadium. We all know the rest of the story. You and your teammates gave us all, but especially David, a day we'll never forget. The Dawgs won, the goalposts came down and history was made.

That was David's last birthday. He passed away the following September, on the 27th. This month will mark 26 years. You and you brethren did a helluva job for all us loyal fans that day, and especially for one little 4 year old fan who was convinced y'all hung the moon and painted the stars. I have one more job for you. When you get to the other side, give him a high five for me (he left us before fist bumps became a thing), tell him Momma and Daddy still love him, still go to the games, tailgate just down the hill from where we had his last birthday party and think about him often.

#HBTD #EVERLOYALBE
    Everyone has a story. Thanks for sharing a little insight into to the lives of two great Dawg fans life's. Go dawgs and prayers for CSCollis and Rhino.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDawg View Post
    Scott,

#HBTD #EVERLOYALBE
    Rhino, after I read that, tears were rolling down my face. Our prayers go out to you and your family, as well as Scott and his family.. My roommate at TECH from 1967-1970 and best friend of 46 years died while sitting in the Joe before the Homecoming game on 11-03-2012. On that day we had been at your tailgate and you made us feel like part of your TECH family. I cut up some apples for you and we were able to eat some of your DELICIOUS peach cobbler. You helped make his last day a very enjoyable one. I know I told you this before....thank you so much from me and his family.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Oh, my, now I am really in tears. Thoughts and prayers are with you as well as RhinoDawg after all these years. And, Scott, As I looked at that link, I didn't realize you, too, are young going through this, having never met you. But I was at that game, and it was a game to remember for sure! Thanks for the memories.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Scott, we are praying for you. Rhino, thanks for sharing. What a community Louisiana Tech is...people like you truly is what makes us what we all are in our Dawg Family.

+ Reply to Thread