+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: One last win

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: One last win

I am definitely at a loss for words. Scott, you and Rhinodawg really put a lot of things into perspective. Scott I will be praying for you daily, and praying for the dawgs to deliver on your wish, I think they will. Rhino, will pray for your continued peace and understanding, your story certainly helps me keep the faith. The statements and comments by all of you keeps reaffirming the decision that I made to be the Black sheep of an LSU Graduate family and attend Louisiana Tech. The Louisiana Tech Family is just the best!

My daughter will be attending Louisiana Tech next year and mostly because she has always heard me speak of how TECH was a family and they are just some of the best people I ever had the privilege of getting to know. This thread reaffirms that.

Scott, I wish you the best as I am sure everyone else does and so proud of the job you and the team did in those years, will always be proud of you guys and Louisiana Tech.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

God bless you, my bulldawg brother!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Continued prayers and much love sent to you, Scott. You are a true Bulldog and Louisiana Tech man. This all broke my heart....

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Check out one of the best Louisiana Tech football TEAMS in the history of our university at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE1IRRekBaY . Offensive RG #57 is Scott Collis. For the younger fans, this was a time when bowl bids (every single one of them) were HARD AS HELL to come by! See Scott's comments at 1:22:07 and 1:25:55 (as well as his teammates') to see the true passion those players had for LA Tech football.
    DW, thanks for finding this and posting. The last segment of that has been on my mind every time Scott's name passes thru my eardrums.

Yes, Scott, those words, your character and passion, are a blessing to all who got to experience them. God really changes hearts when we just be who He created us to be, and live the life He gives us. I know He awaits with wonderful rewards for the work He has done through your faithfulness. Love ya brother.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by latechbulldawgfanatic View Post
    Man, I will be honest, that made me tear up. I may not know you personally but I can see your love for Tech and we are honored to have you on triple B. Praying for you. I do not post much anymore but I do read weekly and I am glad you posted on here.
    Dittos from me. And, Rhino, thanks for sharing your story. I was at the Colorado State game and remember it well. I think that game is one of the defining moments in Tech football history.
    Go Tech!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

This is why Tech is a Family and not a Nation...

Peace Scott, you have taught us all a great lesson on how to live life -

Andy - thank you for the heartfelt insight to your strength and love of your family
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Scott, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I remembered that your daughter attended Tech, too. I've had her on my mind as I can only imagine what she is going through. No matter the age, losing your dad is hard. Life just isn't always fair. Thank you for your love and devotion of Tech. You exemplified the spirit of our Dawgs.

RhinoDawg, thank you for telling your story so beautifully. Prayers to you, too.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Prayers to you and your loved ones, sir. God speed to a true bulldog!

Puppy wetdog22 is an unknown

So blessed and proud to be a member of this BULLDOG Family.

Varsity Bulldog Docman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to all

Scott, there are no words in my heart to say. I wish I could say something wonderful that would make things better. Like others, I have never met you but my prayer is that the day I get to Paradise, we will have a big Bulldog reunion.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Praying for God's comforting hand on you, Scott. It sounds like you are secure in your faith that you have a place in Heaven awaiting you. If you need anyone to talk to about that, please PM me and I will contact you right away. God bless you, Brother.

Joey White
    Homer
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Dawgs 4 Life
    dawgs4life.jpg
    s boys.jpg

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiloBumP View Post
    Prayers for you Scott. You are an inspiration to me. I hope you get your wish this weekend!

Rhino, I have a deep respect for you my brother! Yes. We all have a story. My wife is still sniffling as we just read your post. God bless both you, gentlemen!
    Yes to all of this- including the tears. May God bless both of you.

Scott, I am so glad you posted again. I have been wondering if you got to come to the game and how you were doing. You and your family are in my prayers. I pray you know the love of God and will spend eternity with Him.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Scott, I don't know you but I appreciate your love for our Bulldogs. These stories hit me hard. I lost a friend a few years ago to pancreatic cancer and didn't spend as much time with him as I should have. My wife was battling breast cancer at the time and lost one of her employees to colon cancer and it just felt like we were surrounded by reminders of what she was going through. I still miss my friend and have regrets about how I didn't take advantage of the time I had left with him. I hope everyone around you uses this time to it's fullest. The best thing that any of us can do is trust in God. We don't understand His ways, but remember that He loves us and all will be better when we see Him again.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I hate cancer.

Just lost a very dear friend to brain cancer. Came on quick and 8 days after she first learned about it....she was gone. She and her husband are long-time friends. I love them both dearly. It's been several weeks now since her passing and he (Ronnie) mentioned to a mutual friend that he hasn't heard from me. The reason is, I can't find the words. First, I am grieving the loss of Colleen, his wife, who, as I said, I loved very much. Although I know my grief pales in comparison to what he's going through.

Secondly, I am a cancer survivor. Although both times it was tumors that were removed and it hadn't spread. I am lucky, and I know it. I don't have the same right as others to bemoan having had cancer. I do live with the threat of it returning, and have annual check-ups/tests. But, really, we all live with that risk.

It's not fair. I understand that as well as anyone, as I have lost two of my kids, most oldest daughter and my youngest son. They were 18 and 30 respectively. Lost my daughter in a car wreck, and my son was murdered. You just put your head down and "fight for extra yardage," hoping life will cut ya some slack.

Scott... I don't have any words. Just that I love ya man! You are a true Dawg.

+ Reply to Thread