+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Jack Abraham update

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Jack Abraham update

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    That may be true, but we haven't had normal for the past 4 years. Yes, Henderson dropped a bunch, but Taylor more than made up for what Henderson dropped. He was a safety blanket for whoever was throwing the ball. We didn't have that this year. Paired with a RS Soph and you get what we got. We'll see what happens next year.
    The receivers drops didn't cost us as much as the open receivers not being thrown to cost us.

Veal was deadly across the middle and didn't get enough touches. Trent Taylor didn't miss, but he would not have been thrown to this year. Taylor has no bigger fan than me, but Veal was not a huge drop off when you consider lack of touches by the inside guy.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    The receivers drops didn't cost us as much as the open receivers not being thrown to cost us.

Veal was deadly across the middle and didn't get enough touches. Trent Taylor didn't miss, but he would not have been thrown to this year. Taylor has no bigger fan than me, but Veal was not a huge drop off when you consider lack of touches by the inside guy.

My opinion is that one builds on the other. The worst thing to happen to J'Mar were the early interceptions. After that, he either wasn't allowed or wasn't comfortable throwing over the middle.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post

My opinion is that one builds on the other. The worst thing to happen to J'Mar were the early interceptions. After that, he either wasn't allowed or wasn't comfortable throwing over the middle.
    I agree with that and the lack of passes inside, but we had guys open on the outside and deep who were missed due to lack of touch. I've seen him make those throws, but he missed more than he hit in the last few games.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Somebody reported last week that Lafayette had zero commitments (at that point).
    I thought I heard that was their combined IQ.

+ Reply to Thread