+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: 100% on Holtz

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: 100% on Holtz

We need to be nicer to each other on here.
    Good old Memorial Gym

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Between now and next spring, I fully expect LSU to cancel their 2018 meeting with LA Tech. There's no way LSU fans are going to stand for a loss to LA Tech. That means there's too much risk involved for the LSU AD and coaching staff to keep that game on the schedule. They'll buy it out.
    I dont think they will. There's no reason they would be scared to play us.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    What were our last four plays before the last FG on first down?
    What FG on first down? That was a 4th down play.

Here is our last drive

Latech 1-10 at Latech08 LOUISIANA TECH drive start at 04:52.
    Latech 1-10 at Latech08 Smith, J'Mar pass incomplete to Watts, Marlon (JaMarcus King).
    Latech 2-10 at Latech08 Smith, J'Mar pass complete to BONNETTE, R. for 17 yards to the LATECH25, 1ST DOWN LATECH (J. Williams).
    Latech 1-10 at Latech25 Smith, J'Mar pass complete to Watts, Marlon for 7 yards to the LATECH32.
    Latech 2-3 at Latech32 Smith, J'Mar pass complete to Veal, Teddy for 42 yards to the SC26, 1ST DOWN LATECH.
    Latech 1-10 at Sc26 Scott, Boston rush for loss of 3 yards to the SC29 (T. Stallworth). FG RANGE
    Latech 2-13 at Sc29 Timeout South Carolina, clock 02:15.
    Latech 2-13 at Sc29 Smith, J'Mar pass complete to MCKNIGHT, K. for 14 yards to the SC15, 1ST DOWN LATECH (Chris Lammons).
    Latech 1-10 at Sc15 Craft, Jarred rush for 1 yard to the SC14 (D.J. Wonnum;T.J. Brunson).
    Latech 2-9 at Sc14 Timeout South Carolina, clock 01:55.
    Latech 2-9 at Sc14 Craft, Jarred rush for 4 yards to the SC10 (Rashad Fenton).
    Latech 3-5 at Sc10 Timeout South Carolina, clock 01:44.
    Latech 3-5 at Sc10 Craft, Jarred rush for 2 yards to the SC8 (Daniel Fennell;D.J. Smith).
    Latech 4-3 at Sc08 Timeout Louisiana Tech, clock 00:58.
    Latech 4-3 at Sc08 BARNES, J. field goal attempt from 25 GOOD, clock 00:55.
    Louisiana Tech 16, South Carolina 14

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

4 Big Plays killed us

Sc 1-10 at Sc26 SOUTH CAROLINA drive start at 05:32.
    Sc 1-10 at Sc26 Jake Bentley pass complete to Bryan Edwards for 39 yards to the LATECH35, 1ST DOWN SC (Sneed, L'Jarius).
    Sc 1-10 at Latech35 Ty'Son Williams rush for 35 yards to the LATECH0, 1ST DOWN SC, TOUCHDOWN, clock 04:52.

Sc 3-10 at Sc21 Jake Bentley rush for 24 yards to the SC45, 1ST DOWN SC (Sneed, L'Jarius).
    Sc 1-10 at Sc45 Jake Bentley pass complete to Bryan Edwards for 41 yards to the LATECH14, 1ST DOWN SC.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    What FG on first down? That was a 4th down play.

Here is our last drive

Latech 1-10 at Latech08 LOUISIANA TECH drive start at 04:52.
    Latech 1-10 at Latech08 Smith, J'Mar pass incomplete to Watts, Marlon (JaMarcus King).
    Latech 2-10 at Latech08 Smith, J'Mar pass complete to BONNETTE, R. for 17 yards to the LATECH25, 1ST DOWN LATECH (J. Williams).
    Latech 1-10 at Latech25 Smith, J'Mar pass complete to Watts, Marlon for 7 yards to the LATECH32.
    Latech 2-3 at Latech32 Smith, J'Mar pass complete to Veal, Teddy for 42 yards to the SC26, 1ST DOWN LATECH.
    Latech 1-10 at Sc26 Scott, Boston rush for loss of 3 yards to the SC29 (T. Stallworth). FG RANGE
    Latech 2-13 at Sc29 Timeout South Carolina, clock 02:15.
    Latech 2-13 at Sc29 Smith, J'Mar pass complete to MCKNIGHT, K. for 14 yards to the SC15, 1ST DOWN LATECH (Chris Lammons).
    Latech 1-10 at Sc15 Craft, Jarred rush for 1 yard to the SC14 (D.J. Wonnum;T.J. Brunson).
    Latech 2-9 at Sc14 Timeout South Carolina, clock 01:55.
    Latech 2-9 at Sc14 Craft, Jarred rush for 4 yards to the SC10 (Rashad Fenton).
    Latech 3-5 at Sc10 Timeout South Carolina, clock 01:44.
    Latech 3-5 at Sc10 Craft, Jarred rush for 2 yards to the SC8 (Daniel Fennell;D.J. Smith).
    Latech 4-3 at Sc08 Timeout Louisiana Tech, clock 00:58.
    Latech 4-3 at Sc08 BARNES, J. field goal attempt from 25 GOOD, clock 00:55.
    Louisiana Tech 16, South Carolina 14
    Error on my part, I meant fourth.

Am I remembering these correctly, the 3 craft runs were all somewhat up the middle?

Big Dog Hermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the rough Hermandawg's Avatar

You mean 3 plays?

Big Dog Hermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the rough Hermandawg's Avatar

Yep. All we did was force SC to burn TO's. Straight dives with 9 in the box. Get the last 1st down and worse case FG comes with 0:00 on clock

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I dont think they will. There's no reason they would be scared to play us.
    I agree. That is crazy talk.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    This South Carolina game was BIGGER than any bowl game we'll play against another G5 this year. The time for Holtz to pull out all the stops was last Saturday.

You're the kind of fan that I just don't understand. Everything moves too fast for you. As long as we have a plan to beat a P5 school 10 years down the road, you're satisfied. I'm certain that Jack Bicknell would still be our coach if you had your way.
    Honestly HD, would you rather have beaten MSST and USCar, yet lost 9 other games this year? If we beat both Money 5 teams, but we sucked the rest of the year? (No offense to Luke McCown, but while we beat two 8-5 Money 5 teams in 2002 & 2003, we were unsuccessful in conference and finished below bowl eligible with 4-8 & 5-7 teams)

I would be happy to beat the Money 5 teams, but I'd prefer to get 1-2 extra games of experience with the Bowl and/or conference championship than to win your "super bowl" every year and be mediocre the rest of the year. It is not just a 2 game season

Holtz should show some things against the Money 5, but to be successful it is important to have different wrinkles throughout the season to surprise teams and make it harder for them to plan against you
    Last edited by BearDawg137; 09-26-2017 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BearDawg137 View Post
    Honestly HD, would you rather have beaten MSST and USCar, yet lost 9 other games this year? If we beat both Money 5 teams, but we sucked the rest of the year? (No offense to Luck McCown, but while we beat two 8-5 Money 5 teams in 2002 & 2003, we were unsuccessful in conference and finished below bowl eligible with 4-8 & 5-7 teams)

I would be happy to beat the Money 5 teams, but I'd prefer to get 1-2 extra games of experience with the Bowl and/or conference championship than to win your "super bowl" every year and be mediocre the rest of the year. It is not just a 2 game season

Holtz should show some things against the Money 5, but to be successful it is important to have different wrinkles throughout the season to surprise teams and make it harder for them to plan against you
    Wrinkles? Wrinkles?? Just don't line up and run 3 dives against 9 in the box. That's not a wrinkle. No one is saying to run your top 3 trick plays to close the game out!

This board is full of conscientious objectors

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Hermandawg View Post
    Wrinkles? Wrinkles?? Just don't line up and run 3 dives against 9 in the box. That's not a wrinkle. No one is saying to run your top 3 trick plays to close the game out!
    Our O-line play has been questionable this season. However, at that distance from the endzone, a successful wrinkle is more likely to get you a TD instead of a 1st down; this "success" would have also given them more time to march down and match our points. AND had we fumbled/INT instead of playing "keep the ball" football, you would have been just as upset. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnqCA_WewPs

And man, I spelled Luke's name wrong
    Last edited by BearDawg137; 09-26-2017 at 06:02 PM.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

LSU is not buying us out....and we may very well beat them in Baton Rouge next year.

LSU is at a crossroads.....2017 is the first year that season tickets opened up to non TAF holders. LSU had to hire O because they could not afford anyone else. LSU TAF is swimming in debt. LSU has much bigger problems than Louisiana Tech and the 2018 game.

P5 schools are playing with a ticking time bomb with all that debt....and LSU is one of the biggest offenders out there. If they keep faltering under Coach O, there will have to be drastic changes within the foundation and with the coaching staff.

Debt service coverage is being driven by 19 year old kids.....think about it....millions and millions of dollars that are financed on the back of 19 year old kids.......and LSU is not alone in this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    Can LSU buy our game out, I mean can they afford it? They already hired a coach on the cheap and if things are not going well, looks like they would save that money to put towards a new coach. I do not think things are as well "financially" in tiger land as some would like everyone to believe.

I suspect if our year goes really well and this team turns into a well oiled machine they will want to buy it out, but will they be able to pull the trigger on it. I don't think they have a good option either way, buy us out and they look chicken, keep it and play us a close game or get beat and look bad.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BearDawg137 View Post
    Honestly HD, would you rather have beaten MSST and USCar, yet lost 9 other games this year? If we beat both Money 5 teams, but we sucked the rest of the year? (No offense to Luke McCown, but while we beat two 8-5 Money 5 teams in 2002 & 2003, we were unsuccessful in conference and finished below bowl eligible with 4-8 & 5-7 teams)

Pardon my honesty for saying so, but your analysis makes no sense. It's not a choice between winning a P5 game and losing all your other games. That's ridiculous. If you win the P5 games, you'll likely win most (if not all) of your games against G5's as well.

You can get all hot and bothered about played G5's in bowl games if you want, but playing G5's in bowl games just doesn't do it for me. And I live what I preach. I wouldn't have missed the HOD bowl in 2014, simply because we were playing Illinois. I bought 10 tickets to that game and I ended up putting butts in every seat. I invited neighbors, friends.....you name it. I was THAT excited.

On the other hand, I didn't even try to attend the NO Bowl in 2015, because I just don't care about playing Arkansas St. Yes, I'm glad LA Tech won the game --and I watched it on TV-- but I had ZERO interest in going to all the trouble and expense to watch Tech play a Sunbelt team, Arkansas St. It just didn't interest me. And I have no regrets at all.

Last year's Armed Forces Bowl was a little different. That's a G5 program I would have really enjoyed seeing Tech play. (There are some.) And the game was in a town that I really like (Ft Worth). But I had some scheduling issues that prevented me from being able to attend last year.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    LSU is not buying us out....and we may very well beat them in Baton Rouge next year.

LSU is at a crossroads.....2017 is the first year that season tickets opened up to non TAF holders. LSU had to hire O because they could not afford anyone else. LSU TAF is swimming in debt. LSU has much bigger problems than Louisiana Tech and the 2018 game.

P5 schools are playing with a ticking time bomb with all that debt....and LSU is one of the biggest offenders out there. If they keep faltering under Coach O, there will have to be drastic changes within the foundation and with the coaching staff.

Debt service coverage is being driven by 19 year old kids.....think about it....millions and millions of dollars that are financed on the back of 19 year old kids.......and LSU is not alone in this mess.
    Call me cynical. LSU could win 1 game next year and it'd be against us.

We'd lead until halfway through the fourth quarter then Holtz would go into a shell and they'd win.

I'm not sure where all the confidence in this thread is coming from. We've seen this movie before, guys. And not just once or twice, either.

+ Reply to Thread