+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 100% on Holtz

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Re: 100% on Holtz

This is one of the easiest football schedules Louisiana Tech has had in years. Going back to the 1970s I have never seen us with a 7 home game schedule. We will be heavy favorites in all eight of our remaining games.

Expectations should be high for this team. 10-2 is very reasonable. If you don't think so, go look at how CUSA teams have performed this year- it is truly pathetic.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    We will be heavy favorites in all eight of our remaining games.

Expectations should be high for this team. 10-2 is very reasonable.
    I agree.

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

This is one of the easiest football schedules Louisiana Tech has had in years. Going back to the 1970s I have never seen us with a 7 home game schedule. We will be heavy favorites in all eight of our remaining games.

Expectations should be high for this team. 10-2 is very reasonable. If you don't think so, go look at how CUSA teams have performed this year- it is truly pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I agree.
    While I think we SHOULD beat SoMiss and UTSA, I'm still worried about them. Let's see how we compete against South Alabama...

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Seems to me that we are improving in every area. We stole one last week and got one stolen this week. But I saw more positives in this loss than in last week's win.
    Perfectly said. We are improving in every area. After watching the first game, I had doubts we'd win 7 games this year. Since then we've found an inside WR in Veal, a deep threat in Bonnette, and the OL is coming together. Defense also had a solid performance today. To their (SCU) credit they made some great individual plays (INT was a great play, circus catch in traffic was another) and pulled it out at the last minute on the road. We had a great chance to win it but we didn't. We're right we're most people thought we'd be at this point in the season. Could very easily be 1-3.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BearDawg137 View Post
    While I think we SHOULD beat SoMiss and UTSA, I'm still worried about them. Let's see how we compete against South Alabama...
    We will absolutely crush South Alabama

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by LATechBanjo View Post
    We will absolutely crush South Alabama
    I certainly hope so, but maybe WKU was just not so great (look at their performance against Illinois; though they did redeem themselves against BallST) and USCar was inhibited by losing their top offensive player. Next week's game will give me a clearer picture. MSST was embarrassed at Georgia today, we struggled to put away NWST, and we played USCar & WKU close.

Let's see how we perform against someone we should crush (like we should have done against NWST), then we'll see...

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BearDawg137 View Post
    I certainly hope so, but maybe WKU was just not so great (look at their performance against Illinois; though they did redeem themselves against BallST) and USCar was inhibited by losing their top offensive player. Next week's game will give me a clearer picture. MSST was embarrassed at Georgia today, we struggled to put away NWST, and we played USCar & WKU close.

Let's see how we perform against someone we should crush (like we should have done against NWST), then we'll see...
    We are a much improved team over the team that played Northwestern.

Varsity Bulldog DawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to behold

This prevent defense we run simply does not work. We played pretty good defense all the way up to their final drive, then we stop applying pressure to the QB and he kills us. It's tough to lose a game, it's tougher when you clam up and just give them what they need.

Pressure was applied to the QB. On the "circus catch" play Ferguson had two hands on the QB's lower legs and couldn't bring him down.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    We watched the same game and think alike.

Yeah, I think he was actually trying to throw it away. He just got lazy with it. As Dave and Teddy said he should have thrown it in the stands. I do not believe he was trying to force it in. It was his one bad pass of the night.
    Except you could see he and Hardy communicating afterwards as if Hardy didn't come back to the ball as J'Mar expected.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    Except you could see he and Hardy communicating afterwards as if Hardy didn't come back to the ball as J'Mar expected.
    That doesn't mean he wasn't trying to throw it away. If he was throwing to Hardy on an intended comeback the timing was off as well as the pass angle. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just didn't think he was actually trying to force the throw to our guy. If so it was his worst attempt of the year. FWIW, it was the first circus catch of the day by USC.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Perfectly said. We are improving in every area. After watching the first game, I had doubts we'd win 7 games this year. Since then we've found an inside WR in Veal, a deep threat in Bonnette, and the OL is coming together. Defense also had a solid performance today. To their (SCU) credit they made some great individual plays (INT was a great play, circus catch in traffic was another) and pulled it out at the last minute on the road. We had a great chance to win it but we didn't. We're right we're most people thought we'd be at this point in the season. Could very easily be 1-3.
    J'Mar is starting to come into his own too. He's poised, has a nice touch, and can make all the throws. On a similar note, our top receivers seem to be gaining confidence. Bonnette is believing he can't be guarded one-on-one. Veal is both rugged and crafty. Watts is becoming clutch in meaningful situations. McKnight feels a niche and must be accounted for. Craft almost always beats the first and second tackler and can slide through the smallest of creases with power and speed.

Our defensive backs were right where they needed to be for most of the game. The only play where a South Carolina receiver ran free, Aaron released him to the middle when he expected a safety to pick him up. I'm not sure what happened in terms of responsibility but it was the only time they had a guy wide open. I thought our safeties were filling the holes better. We need to become more destructive but they seem to be understanding the scheme and playing with more confidence.

Maybe it's just me but I actually appreciated the rugby kicks by our former rugby-playing punter.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post

Maybe it's just me but I actually appreciated the rugby kicks by our former rugby-playing punter.
    It seems to be our best option.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgBark View Post
    Pressure was applied to the QB. On the "circus catch" play Ferguson had two hands on the QB's lower legs and couldn't bring him down.
    Ferguson played just slightly better than you did yesterday. He made one (1) tackle all day. Considering SC ran 67 offensive plays, rushed for 143 yds and passed for another 295, I don't even know how Ferguson avoided so much contact. Seems like he could have been involved in more tackles than this by accident.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...aylon-ferguson

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    We watched the same game and think alike.

Yeah, I think he was actually trying to throw it away. He just got lazy with it. As Dave and Teddy said he should have thrown it in the stands. I do not believe he was trying to force it in. It was his one bad pass of the night.
    This was the game I watched as well. I didn't see it until last night after I knew the outcome. I was pleasantly surprised with the game- especially after watching them against Miss St. There are no moral victories and I hate we lost, but we were a couple of plays away.

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    We are a much improved team over the team that played Northwestern.
    We've certainly played much better against better competition. Let's see if we can maintain that, or youthfully play down, against someone who should be lesser competition.

+ Reply to Thread