+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast

Thread: Turn Off the NFL

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Turn Off the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Whatever....but seriously, when are you leaving? Surely, you are not going to just complain about history and anthems. I know you will actually take action to stop REAL harm. And, I salute you for it. If you can, once you get there, try to stay in touch and update us on your progress.
    You know if you spent a little more time and energy trying to have empathy and understand where other people are coming from, you could become less of a crumudgeon. Is that what you are scared of?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    You know if you spent a little more time and energy trying to have empathy and understand where other people are coming from, you could become less of a crumudgeon. Is that what you are scared of?
    Which is why Guislapp has instead graciously volunteered to work the next 20 years for social justice; in Ferguson Mo. for 5 years, LA's Watts for 5 years, the Detroit projects for 5 years and after this Somalia for the remaining. How about just a few weeks??
    Nah, just leave that to the stupid Christians and churches to do the real work right Guislapp? Yep just all talk from another liberal.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Whatever...so, when are you leaving for Africa?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Whatever...so, when are you leaving for Africa?
    I obviously have a lot of work still to do here before I should go someplace new.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I obviously have a lot of work still to do here before I should go someplace new.
    Of course...

BTW, on another front, I see that carbon dioxide emissions are up this past year, and 80% of that increase came from China. So, after you end the slave trade in Africa maybe you can head over to China and tell them about man-made global warming. That same report says carbon dioxide emissions were down this past year in the US compared to previous years. Hmmmm....President Trump is doing a good job in that area too, apparently.

Oh, what!? Ya mean Trump shouldn't get any credit for improved CO2 emissions? Why not? Had it been the other way around he would have gotten all the blame!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    The commish is making me laugh. Normally you want to negotiate from a position of power. I just don't see he is in a strong bargaining position currently - but hey, no confidence problem for him for sure.lol

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

The media, ANTIFA, race baiters like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, liars like Michael Bennet and the no-name A’s catcher and the black dudes caught graffitiing fake racism, are all responsible for this perceived lack of sympathy/empathy. They are also responsible for those who actually have a legit complaint not being heard.

White people being told privilege, not hard work, is the reason for their success, along with being told to feel guilty for simply being white, is only pushing otherwise non-racist people to choose a side... But, I guess that is the goal, right?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by hambone29 View Post
    The media, ANTIFA, race baiters like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, liars like Michael Bennet and the no-name A’s catcher and the black dudes caught graffitiing fake racism, are all responsible for this perceived lack of sympathy/empathy. They are also responsible for those who actually have a legit complaint not being heard.

White people being told privilege, not hard work, is the reason for their success, along with being told to feel guilty for simply being white, is only pushing otherwise non-racist people to choose a side... But, I guess that is the goal, right?
    Yes it is exactly the main goal of the elitist liberals/dems as they play minorities for chumps and whites as totally incompetent to stop the liberals racist double standards and "red herring" traps. And it's all for the sake of votes, power and money.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Maybe I need to slow-walk you thru this again. I never got an answer from you previously. You tucked your tail and ran on to the next post.

I think we can agree that if given a choice, you and your ilk would openly refuse to have anything to do with the fact that slavery ever existed in this country. You don't like the fact that this country preserves the history of that period, and you are happy to destroy our Civil War monuments and relics honoring the people of that period. I believe you even promote censuring Francis Scott Key and our national anthem, based upon the fact that he was apparently a former slave owner.

So, based on YOUR very linear and small-minded line of thinking regarding human rights, why should Black Americans continue to call themselves "African Americans" as long as slavery still exists in African countries? Why would an entire race of people choose to adopt a name that honors the continent where slave trading not only began, but is one of the few continents where it still exists today?

If there was ever a contradiction in thinking, this example seems to be it.
    Are you a 12 year old? That logic only makes sense in your preteen years.

Francis Key was a slaveowner. Africa is a continent - like North America.

I find it hard to care one or another about the “African american” label, except I think the part that is most useless from an race designation part is the “American” part. After all a black Brit is also of the same race but you can’t call them African American.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Maybe I need to slow-walk you thru this again. I never got an answer from you previously. You tucked your tail and ran on to the next post.

I think we can agree that if given a choice, you and your ilk would openly refuse to have anything to do with the fact that slavery ever existed in this country. You don't like the fact that this country preserves the history of that period, and you are happy to destroy our Civil War monuments and relics honoring the people of that period. I believe you even promote censuring Francis Scott Key and our national anthem, based upon the fact that he was apparently a former slave owner.

So, based on YOUR very linear and small-minded line of thinking regarding human rights, why should Black Americans continue to call themselves "African Americans" as long as slavery still exists in African countries? Why would an entire race of people choose to adopt a name that honors the continent where slave trading not only began, but is one of the few continents where it still exists today?

If there was ever a contradiction in thinking, this example seems to be it.

Are you a 12 year old? That logic only makes sense in your preteen years.

Francis Key was a slaveowner. Africa is a continent - like North America.

I find it hard to care one or another about the “African american” label, except I think the part that is most useless from an race designation part is the “American” part. After all a black Brit is also of the same race but you can’t call them African American.
    "Francis Key was a slaveowner." So what?? All nations have this in their past and many still practice it unabated.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    "Francis Key was a slaveowner." So what?? All nations have this in their past and many still practice it unabated.
    Key, a slaveowner, wrote a song about the flag triumphing over fleeing slaves, and we pay solemn respect to this song. Some people have a legitimate gripe about that.

America should pick a new national anthem that is a bit more inclusive.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

America should pick a new national anthem that is a bit more inclusive.
    The NFL idiots have never protested the author or the words. I doubt many of them even understand the words. They protested patriotism when they knew "hands up don't shoot was a lie.

Please don't jump in on this and pretend a verse nobody knew about was offensive.

+ Reply to Thread