+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Turn Off the NFL

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Turn Off the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    We've already had this discussion and your argument does not apply to the stats that have developed since LBJ's great society. 40% of all children are born out of wedlock. Over 70% of blacks are born out of wedlock. This is not caused by marital strife. It's cultural.
    How in the world could you make that claim? You're propagating false dichotomies. The two go hand in hand. Financial disadvantage led to a culture of marital strife which led to a culture of sex apart from marriage (the left had a LOT to do with this).

Why refuse to look beyond LBJ? It doesn't impugn you.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bleudog View Post
    It says they receive a greater level of "justice" when it comes to free speech because of their wealth.
    Yeah...that's how it works...universally. Wealthy people can get an audience.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Financial disadvantage led to a culture of marital strife which led to a culture of sex apart from marriage.
    Not true. The numbers born out of wedlock in 1970 were 3% of whites and 24% of blacks. In 1990 it grew to 18% white and 64% blacks. Before the great society took hold blacks lived a different culture. The family unit was still important in the 60's and before.

Not true. The numbers born out of wedlock in 1970 were 3% of whites and 24% of blacks. In 1990 it grew to 18% white and 64% blacks. Before the great society took hold blacks lived a different culture. The family unit was still important in the 60's and before.
    I've already acknowledged that there were multiple causes for the degradation of the family. You think hundreds of years of slavery had no effect on the prospects of the african american family AFTER 1970?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I've already acknowledged that there were multiple causes for the degradation of the family. You think hundreds of years of slavery had no effect on the prospects of the african american family AFTER 1970?
    No I don't. I think it is insulting to the black race to assume such. The recovery and growth of the black family unit was on a steady upward course until LBJ's well documented plan to destroy the black family unit began in the 60's. He and his party had a plan to gather the black voting block. They accomplished their goal. The fix has been in for at least 50 years now.

No I don't.
    My fault...poor wording on my part. You do or you do not think that slavery had a negative economic effect on the black family that lasted long after slavery had been abolished?

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    If you think America is as good for hispanics, blacks or Muslims as it is for white Christians, you have your head in the sand.
    I am so frigin tired of hearing this stupid argument.

Ask an owner of a DBE firm getting a contract just because they are hispanic, black, or middle-eastern decent how good America is. How about the hispanics and blacks that get picked to attend universities just because they are a certain minority? It has been several generations since anyone was truly disadvantaged. My God, you would think every white kid out there inherited a trust fund the way the media spins this b.s. WE JUST HAD a President that is black with a Muslim father. Hard to fathom how much more Obama could have accomplished if he wasn't so "disadvantaged" . . . President of the Universe? Inventor of an anti-gravity device? Maybe he would have cured cancer?

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

We're making everything better in Dallas by removing statues and renaming schools and streets. Iconoclasm is what will make America good for hispanics, blacks and Mulslims.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    I am so frigin tired of hearing this stupid argument.

Ask an owner of a DBE firm getting a contract just because they are hispanic, black, or middle-eastern decent how good America is. How about the hispanics and blacks that get picked to attend universities just because they are a certain minority? It has been several generations since anyone was truly disadvantaged. My God, you would think every white kid out there inherited a trust fund the way the media spins this b.s. WE JUST HAD a President that is black with a Muslim father. Hard to fathom how much more Obama could have accomplished if he wasn't so "disadvantaged" . . . President of the Universe? Inventor of an anti-gravity device? Maybe he would have cured cancer?
    This is factual. The DBE (disadvantaged business enterprise) "quotas" are very high in Louisiana and we are no longer able to bid certain work in the state in which I grew up and worked my way through to a degree at Louisiana Tech. I worked for other contractors around the country for several years to save money and gain experience to come back to my home state to start a company of my own. Many of the DBE entities who are having this work set aside for them had more advantages and even governmental assistance financially than I.

I can only play by the rules made by others, so Texas and other states are where we are left to do most of our work. And I do try not to be bitter about it.

Anyway I thought the spirit of this thread was not whether or not NFL players have the right to protest, but rather to point out that we all have that same privilege that they enjoy and can exercise it by turning off the NFL if we so desire.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

my dad just sent me a message........

NFL- "No Friggin Loyalty"

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

These lefty protesters are getting equality and equity confused. Equality is fair opportunity, which non-Whites more than have. They are pointing to inequity, which is the result of how well they take advantage of their equal opportunities. Just because some groups can't take responsibility for themselves and work hard and smart, does not mean everyone else is holding them back. These folks are changing the language on you. It's equity, not equality they seek, and they seek it through ignorant guilt and tyranny.

Also, NFL is boring.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Racism, black disprivileve, the ever lasting effects of past tense slavery... it's all just "the boy who cried wolf." It's meaningless these days because it's all used up. Repeating something over and over without any current substance isn't going to revive it. People make their choices today based on who they are as a result of their upbringing. If you're steered wrong and don't have good enough sense to correct your own path you will end up in the ditch.

Liberalism and their pathetic hoohooing over history isn't going to alter their future. Join the real world, make a genuine contribution in everyday living rather than just bitch and moan all the time.

You do or you do not think that slavery had a negative economic effect on the black family that lasted long after slavery had been abolished?
    I do think it did, but it is not the cause of the current problems faced. Things got worse after 1970 after they had gotten better pre-LBJ. No matter how many job programs or educational programs the government puts in place, the family unit is vital to fixing this situation. That will require a spiritual fix which is not impossible, but scoffed at by those who think more government programs is the answer.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Who knew Trump supporters were such snowflakes?

Someone of a different race than you wants to protest, so you are going to no longer watch the NFL? How fragile are you?

+ Reply to Thread