+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Turn Off the NFL

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Turn Off the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Who knew Trump supporters were such snowflakes?

Someone of a different race than you wants to protest, so you are going to no longer watch the NFL? How fragile are you?
    better that than destruction of public or others private property.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

I just don't see it as a racial thing.

A group is demonstrating and another group (some paying customers) disagrees and decides to cease handing over money to pay the salaries of those with whom they disagree. How is that wrong for either side?

It seems to be exactly the same as some years back when some Chick-Filet customers decided to cease handing over money to pay the salaries of those with whom they disagreed.

Am I missing something or is this the exact same thing?.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Bingo and it is a boycott, of which the vast majority don't work (and sometimes backfire). The NFL is over this in 2 years time. Max. The majority of the people I know who are boycotting the NFL already DON'T watch the NFL because they believe they are millionaire crybabies. Trump throws a weird twist into this that may make it an exceptional case but I don't really think it will.

I'm just mad I can't talk with all these boycotters about my totally stacked fantasy football team. Y'all are taking all the joy out of my great fake wisdom.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Who knew Trump supporters were such snowflakes?

Someone of a different race than you wants to protest, so you are going to no longer watch the NFL? How fragile are you?
    Bless your heart you tried at least. I'm pretty sure there are white people joining this protest as well but sure it's only an issue because the people doing it are a different race.

The players have every right to protest. It is protected under the first amendment.
    The owners and coaches and NFL have every right to back them up.

I support those rights. I don't support how they are exercising them and will exercise my right to choose not to support their employer.
    I do feel bad for some of them though because I don't think they really know what they are protesting and I think they are risking their livelihood much more than they realize.
    The NFL has been on a slippery slope for a while anyway. I would personally rather watch people protesting the country than see some of the criminals they employ make millions of dollars. The same NFL that refused to allow Dallas to honor the police killed last year.
    There are things we actually agree on that could be used as a starting point, unfortunately that's not whats happening. If this protest was meant to bring people together it has failed miserably. If it was to get people arguing on message boards..... great success.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

I realize this is a dedicated thread, so is there another thread on our forum that discusses what if college football players decided to protest in the same fashion?

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

http://thefederalist.com/2017/09/25/...nthem-protest/

This is a good summary of how I feel about the entire anthem protest.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

I did not watch any NFL games yesterday, not because of any protest. I just wasn't up to it after watching our Dawgs lose to South Carolina in person. I don't plan to watch tonight, but I most likely will watch the Saints play the Dolphins next Sunday morning.

Drew Brees said it well. President Trump's remarks were over the top. However, this protest is shameful and disrespectful. Just because you can do something, it doesn't mean you should. If the kneelers intentions are to change people's minds, they aren't. If they are looking to offend, they are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alejan...ican_football)

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    I did not watch any NFL games yesterday, not because of any protest. I just wasn't up to it after watching our Dawgs lose to South Carolina in person. I don't plan to watch tonight, but I most likely will watch the Saints play the Dolphins next Sunday morning.

Drew Brees said it well. President Trump's remarks were over the top. However, this protest is shameful and disrespectful. Just because you can do something, it doesn't mean you should. If the kneelers intentions are to change people's minds, they aren't. If they are looking to offend, they are.

Agree completely. There is a logical way to approach this subject. We have seen that kneeling does nothing to fix the problems, only lets us see that celebrities are protesting something. The comments were wrong by Trump. I think kneeling is wrong and punishment should be handed down. It is in the NFL rulebook after all. However, you have to have a constructive way of delivering the message from both sides and you have to be able to offer solutions. Trump has not extended an invitation to anyone to discuss anything. Whether HE should be the one to do that is up for debate. But the protesters haven't asked for an audience to explain what they are mad about. They just seem to want to be mad.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

That was what the Blond Bomber had to say.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

He forgot who's he's marketing his entire product to. "America's Team"???? Never was and surely isn't now. Listen below to the boos!

Arizona Crowd Boos as Dallas Cowboys Kneel

Dallas Cowboys players and owner Jerry Jones locked arms and kneeled as a flag was carried onto the field before Monday night's game in Arizona. They rose for the national anthem. There was speculation that Jones would not let the team kneel. (Sept. 25) AP

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news...eel/106003058/

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

So Guiss, you and some other liberal anti-God guys hated when Tebow kneeled giving the Lord credit! Now look at your posts above! Hypocritical on your part you think???

Tebow boosts minor league baseball attendance...

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    So Guiss, you and some other liberal anti-God guys hated when Tebow kneeled giving the Lord credit! Now look at your posts above! Hypocritical on your part you think???

So with that you guys might want to read the article linked below from a real true American hero. A Medal of Honor winner.

Maj. Gen. Patrick Brady is a recipient of the United States military’s highest decoration, the Medal of Honor. He is former president of the Medal of Honor Society.

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?139880-limp-wristed-libs-have-ruined-football&p=1664802#post1664802

TT - you are being such a snowflake. Why are you getting so offended by people that disagree with you? So offended that you would stop doing something you like to do? You would never make it as a black man in America because you are so sensitive.

+ Reply to Thread