+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Turn Off the NFL

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Turn Off the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Are they?

Or is a group of ENTITLED SELF-IDULGENT INDIVIDUALS issuing a response saying YOU are not going to tell me what I should/would say or do and now by enlarge it has backfired on them in public opinion...

If they were SERIOUSLY taking a stance about a socio-economic issues shouldn't there been more than Kap and a handful of others before now...
    There was and still is a group standing up for racial justice. The protest last weekend, which overshadowed the ongoing smaller protest, was a response to a petty unpresidential attack by the guy holding the highest office in the land on their people and how the NFL conducts its business.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post

Your snow-blindness kicking in or is the nuance eluding you again?
    There are so many snowflakes in this thread that it will cause snow-blindness. Thanks for that one!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    There was and still is a group standing up for racial justice. The protest last weekend, which overshadowed the ongoing smaller protest, was a response to a petty unpresidential attack by the guy holding the highest office in the land on their people and how the NFL conducts its business.
    I agree with those first statements - the NFL one not so much - if so it was another MAJOR miscalculation by the players since literally NO ONE would recognize it and they did not state it as such...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

I agree with those first statements - the NFL one not so much - if so it was another MAJOR miscalculation by the players since literally NO ONE would recognize it and they did not state it as such...
    I don't know. I thought their statement of unity was crystal clear. The linking of arms was a statement that we will defend each other from attack. What am I missing?

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know. I thought their statement of unity was crystal clear. The linking of arms was a statement that we will defend each other from attack. What am I missing?
    You think all of the people booing and criticizing them are Trump supporters or even supportive of what he said?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

I don't see how that is tied to a protest on "how the NFL conducts its business"...

And basically only the Cowboys, Cardinals and Redskins showed a clear statement of unity - everyone else had haphazard, splintered efforts - most standing, some kneeling, a few linked arms

You can see that both Jones and Snider directed their players on HOW they were going to protest and what would be acceptable

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

There are so many snowflakes in this thread that it will cause snow-blindness. Thanks for that one!
    I was more calling out your apparent snow flakeness where as any one who disagrees with you or even attempts to discuss topics with you is labeled a snow flake.

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    I was more calling out your apparent snow flakeness where as any one who disagrees with you or even attempts to discuss topics with you is labeled a snow flake.
    I am just turning the new favorite label of conservatives back around on them to show how stupid it is. They, too, are a super sensitive bunch.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Your arrogant attempt to belittle those upset by the anti-patriots with "snowflake" is not accurate. Snowflakes either get emotional or violent. Those upset with the anti-patriots are neither violent or overly emotional.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Eric Reid on why they chose to kneel: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/o...?smid=fb-share
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Are they?

Or is a group of ENTITLED SELF-IDULGENT INDIVIDUALS issuing a response saying YOU are not going to tell me what I should/would say or do and now by enlarge it has backfired on them in public opinion...

If they were SERIOUSLY taking a stance about a socio-economic issues shouldn't there been more than Kap and a handful of others before now...
    I mean, people are talking about it, right? Although the conversation has mostly been about the manner of the protests.

And yeah, as others have said, there are a lot of motivations going on here. Some still trying to draw attention to what they've seen as systemic injustice, others wanting to show that they support the first group's ability to protest, and most trying to make a point about the president insulting their teammates/bosses/business/whatever.

The owners were trying to figure out how to mitigate the situation to keep making as much money as possible. The coaches just want to keep all the players unified and from being distracted/divided by political opinions.

So I don't know. I guess it depends. dawg80 doesn't like the manner of the protests because he feels kneeling during the anthem insults all Americans because of the actions of a few and paints with a broad brush. Others would say the same even if they had been protesting the original issue (police shootings) in another way - that most police are good, don't make too big of a thing about the actions of a few, etc. And yet, people are saying all over the place that they'll never watch another NFL game because some players did something they didn't like (which seems like you're painting with a broad brush about being upset over people painting with a broad brush, but - you know, that's where we are).

Where does that line of thinking end? And is our president making things better or worse here?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Your arrogant attempt to belittle those upset by the anti-patriots with "snowflake" is not accurate. Snowflakes either get emotional or violent. Those upset with the anti-patriots are neither violent or overly emotional.
    Are you sure that's how that expression has been consistently used? Only when someone gets violent or emotional? And nobody upset over this issue is getting emotional? Really?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Eric Reid on why they chose to kneel: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/o...?smid=fb-share
    He had faith the police murdered Alton Sterling because he was a black man.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    If you are offended you should take a moment to examine what is being protested. We can agree on that. If your protest is met with with animosity, it's probably a good idea to take a moment and listen to the concerns and see if there is a better way to get your message across.
    I think this needs to be stated again in this thread.

+ Reply to Thread