+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Turn Off the NFL

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Turn Off the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post

Of course, I'm not offended by what the players choose to do. For a nation of Baptists and assorted evangelicals who rebelled against the liturgical structure of the Catholic church, everyone sure has strong opinions on appropriate physical liturgical posture.
    That's a very strange comparison. The pledge and/or national anthem has never been about worship. It's about respect, remembrance, and thankfulness.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    That's a very strange comparison. The pledge and/or national anthem has never been about worship. It's about respect, remembrance, and thankfulness.
    Everything is about worship

My point there is that Americans are typically resistant to liturgical structures in explicit worship (things like clerical collars, robes, formal high church stuff), but we see vestiges of those things reflected in our approach to how we show respect, remembrance, and thankfulness. Stand with your hand over your heart, in this specific way, with this specific attitude. Don't kneel, despite the respectful attitude that normally would convey.

It's just a funny juxaposition to me.

And I'm not saying I agree with the position of the protestors, before yall lynch me. I do think we need a bit thicker skin.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Everything is about worship

My point there is that Americans are typically resistant to liturgical structures in explicit worship (things like clerical collars, robes, formal high church stuff), but we see vestiges of those things reflected in our approach to how we show respect, remembrance, and thankfulness. Stand with your hand over your heart, in this specific way, with this specific attitude. Don't kneel, despite the respectful attitude that normally would convey.

It's just a funny juxaposition to me.

And I'm not saying I agree with the position of the protestors, before yall lynch me. I do think we need a bit thicker skin.
    I'm not with you on this one and I see your point(s). I think organized religion and the rituals are a beautiful thing and I grew up in a country Southern Baptist Church.

I was taught about respect for the flag and our vets at a very young age. It was always about respect, remembrance, and thankfulness.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not with you on this one and I see your point(s). I think organized religion and the rituals are a beautiful thing and I grew up in a country Southern Baptist Church.

I was taught about respect for the flag and our vets at a very young age. It was always about respect, remembrance, and thankfulness.
    I tried to phrase it in a way that wouldnt offend everyone. Ironically.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I wonder if those might be right who believe this whole thing started because Kaepernick was pouting and disinterested because he was not starting, so when asked about why he was kneeling during the anthem he made up a quick story.
    Last edited by Tech77; 10-10-2017 at 03:37 PM.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I wonder if those might be right who believe this whole thing started because Kaepernick was pouting and disinterested because he was not starting, so when asked about why he was kneeling during the anthem he made up a quick story.
    I think he at least believes his cause was right, but I definitely agree this would never have been an issue were he a good quarterback.
    Last edited by Tech77; 10-10-2017 at 03:36 PM.

I think he at least believes his cause was right, but I definitely agree this would never have been an issue were he a good quarterback.
    Kapernick grew up with white privileged in white home . I defer to Guislapp as to how he turned out to be such a thug.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Kapernick grew up with white privileged in white home . I defer to Guislapp as to how he turned out to be such a thug.
    What makes him a thug?

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    What makes him a thug?
    What makes him a model citizen? He publicly stated his hate for America more than one time. He wishes death on cops. Need more evidence?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

What makes him a model citizen? He publicly stated his hate for America more than one time. He wishes death on cops. Need more evidence?
    Quotes?

Quotes?
    You've read them. I've posted them along with others. He is a POS thug and you know it. He destroys your white privilege theory.

You've read them. I've posted them along with others. He is a POS thug and you know it. He destroys your white privilege theory.
    Wishes death to cops? Not sure I have seen that one.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Nope. WE need much smarter players. Most of those guys are dumber than cardboard.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Wishes death to cops? Not sure I have seen that one.
    Seriously??

+ Reply to Thread