+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Turn Off the NFL

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Turn Off the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Sure the NFL has a right to take action, but they don't want to because they want to be on the right side of history on this issue.
    If the NFL wants to be on the so-called "right side" as is currently being determined by left-wing radicals, then it will suffer the consequences.

Varsity Bulldog LeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the rough

Players have every right to kneel during the anthem, and thus fans have every right to turn off the TV and not attend games.

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    If the NFL wants to be on the "right side", then it will suffer the consequences.
    I do have to wonder, since the NFL is listed as a non-profit, could taking a political stance put the non-profit status in jeopardy?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

If the NFL wants to be on the "right side", then it will suffer the consequences.
    ...but Trump didn't win the popular vote. Therefore America hates Trump.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BearDawg137 View Post
    I do have to wonder, since the NFL is listed as a non-profit, could taking a political stance put the non-profit status in jeopardy?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e6e5b97142eb

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

NFL players have a perfect right to protest...on their own time.

If I tried to protest in a similar way during my work hours, I would be fired on the spot and would deserve it. NFL players are no different.

If the NFL had a real backbone (such as Pete Rozelle), this would have been nipped in the bud last year with player fines or suspensions.

What these players don't seem to understand is that they are strangling the golden goose that is paying their salaries. NFL ratings are in the tank and will only continue to get worse.
    I totally agree. I stopped watching last year and have never missed it. My husband is going to contact Direct TV and drop the NFL package. They will be getting lots of those calls I would guess. The players stupidity will eventually bite them in the wallet. People will not support their crap.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Killing the NFL will probably have some interesting impacts on college football too.

This will go down as the time the golden dotard killed the golden goose!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Killing the NFL will probably have some interesting impacts on college football too.
    You suddenly believe in "trickle down"

Seriously, I think we will see some college players taking a knee soon. It will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    You suddenly believe in "trickle down"

Seriously, I think we will see some college players taking a knee soon. It will happen.
    I think we will too.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

I tried dropping my NFL package and couldn't get it done "Today" due to lack of provider assistance. I wonder if they're being bombarded. Come tomorrow the NFL won't even be available in my house... good ridence.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Is it really? That seems like a sensational over-simplification to me.
    Yes. It is simple because it's a simple idea.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick said, via NFL.com. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

https://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/11/1...n-marshall-nfl

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

There is no better nation to live in as a non-Hispanic white Christian. That is true.
    Of course you would be against anything Christian. We know Satan has a firm hold on your soul.

But, beyond that I just love this. Yes, nasty ole non-Hispanic white people. But, why do Hispanics get a pass? They are nothing but descendants of Cortez's Spaniards, EUROPEANS!!! The Conquistadors who slaughtered the Aztecs, Incas, and the Mayans. Why do you think there are Spanish-speaking peoples in Mexico, Central America, parts of South America? Oh, what about Brazilians, descendants of the Portuguese, from where....? Oh! from Portugal, more EUROPEANS! And it was the Portuguese, more than any other nation, who is responsible for the slave trade to the Americas. Yes, the Dutch were also involved, but it was Portugal that dominated the industry. Oh, but now....because they are darker-skinned, why, they are suddenly helpless. Poor, poor woeful them.

So, since it is non-Hispanic Christian white people who are the cause of all those poeples' woes, they should seek to live where there aren't any. But, where? Oh! I know. Mooslim Africa. Yes, that's the ticket. Surely all those who blame non-Hispanic Christian white people for all their troubles would find paradise in the Congo! Maybe even Tanzania, Kenya, the Ivory Coast even. Perfect. They can elect Colon Kapumpernickle as their first emperor!

All I can say to that is.....bye!

If you think America is as good for hispanics, blacks or Muslims as it is for white Christians, you have your head in the sand.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LATechBanjo View Post
    Yes. It is simple because it's a simple idea.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick said, via NFL.com. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

https://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/11/1...n-marshall-nfl
    That's not the same as what you posted. If you think it's simple, I don't think you understand it...whether you agree or disagree with the course of action or even the material issues, it's not simple. Not even close.

+ Reply to Thread