+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Turn Off the NFL

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Turn Off the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Also funny you didn't mention Asians or middle eastern Indians, who seem to be able to do quite well here.
    What is a "Middle Eastern Indian"?

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    No, that's not my argument. I don't know how to make it simple enough for your feeble mind to grasp. So, forget it. You're the clueless one with your head up George Soros' ass.
    I agree!!! He has a bad case of cranial rectal inversion!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    What is a "Middle Eastern Indian"?
    f

Dot not feather

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

India is in Asia.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

India is in Asia.
    Figured that's where you were going.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    FWIW, the players don't have a right to do this in the setting they are doing it in. They are at work. Their employers are allowing it to happen.

Funny to see the owners and TV execs squirm now. I LOVE it! One crazy comment from President Trump and the whole sorted mess comes to a head.
    They don't lose the right because they're at work. They are not protected from speech related termination, but their first amendment rights are in tact while on the clock.

I think your bigger point is true...the NFL is in favor of the players being free to protest in this fashion.

Big Dog Slackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    You suddenly believe in "trickle down"

Seriously, I think we will see some college players taking a knee soon. It will happen.
    How about the Pee Wee league: https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/20/1...youth-football

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

I received some texts today asking my thoughts on the NFL situation and some were from folks who read and post on here. Well, I'd say I was done with the NFL before Kaepernick hit the scene.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    That's not the same as what you posted. If you think it's simple, I don't think you understand it...whether you agree or disagree with the course of action or even the material issues, it's not simple. Not even close.
    Respectfully, I disagree.

It is simple because it's a simple charge- that racism is inseperable from the United States as it currently exists. Kaepernick is not saying the police are racist, or that the NFL is racist. He's saying the country is racist, hence the protest of its anthem.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Why would it be small minded and unvirtuous to mobilize AGAINST the protesters who stood for the BRITISH national anthem today in London, but would not stand for the AMERICAN national anthem played in the same venue? I don't agree with that kind of behavior. I think their behavior is childish, petulant, and ignorant of everything our flag and nation stands for. I have a right to say what I think just like they do.

Standing for the British national anthem only goes to show you the outright ignorance of these "player protestors". Britain was built on the backs of slaves and has long embraced a social class system that --like many of us-- these players would likely never be able to live and thrive comfortably in. They stood for THAT?

I wonder if those same "football player" protesters --who have it better in America than literally anywhere in the world-- would agree to MOVE to England? Oh wait....no NFL there? That shouldn't be a problem, if they really believe in their cause. Let's see how badly they really want to take a stand.

I don't understand why people who are protesting the national anthem by kneeling are upset with those who offended by people who disagree with them? If they can be offended by some statue and have they removed, we are not allowed to be offended by anything that we disagree with? Guess it only works one way...

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    I don't understand why people who are protesting the national anthem by kneeling are upset with those who offended by people who disagree with them? If they can be offended by some statue and have they removed, we are not allowed to be offended by anything that we disagree with? Guess it only works one way...
    How do you know that the protesters are upset by those that are offended? They are protesting unequal treatment - not offense.

Kind of funny and sad to watch how you guys construct and contort the position of the protesters to avoid recognizing their legitimate grievances and to rally around our dotard president.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LATechBanjo View Post
    Respectfully, I disagree.

It is simple because it's a simple charge- that racism is inseperable from the United States as it currently exists. Kaepernick is not saying the police are racist, or that the NFL is racist. He's saying the country is racist, hence the protest of its anthem.
    I don't buy Kaepernick as spokesperson, but even in what he said your summary of his charge doesn't necessarily follow from his statements.

Didn't Benjamin Watson wrote about the protests?

Kind of funny and sad to watch how you guys construct and contort the position of the protesters to avoid recognizing their legitimate grievances and to rally around our dotard president.
    Thanks for your help. Please tell us again what the protest is about. Poor treatment of blacks by those who have died to protect them? They are not protesting the confederate flag. You know that don't you?

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

India is in Asia.
    Okay, not stated very clearly by me. But you know where I was going.

Why did you exclude Japanese-Americans, Chinese Americans, Vietnamese Americans, and Indian Anericansfrom your list of mistreated Americans? They are not white.

+ Reply to Thread