+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: YOUR most gut-wrenching loss as a Louisiana Tech fan?

Puppy jwhollis is an unknown

Re: YOUR most gut-wrenching loss as a Louisiana Tech fan?

Actually it was 0.7 seconds.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    The University of Houston's 35-34 comeback win in Sept 2011 was LA Tech's most "gut-wrenching" home loss of all time, in my opinion. Tech led 34-14 going into the 4th Qtr, and at one time led 34-7 with 5:11 left in the 3rd Qtr. Tech gave up 4 straight, unanswered TD's and PAT's to the Cougars. I believe Houston was nationally ranked #15 at the time.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...meId=312602348
    Not even close -

The total undressing of us by the juco in 1987 beats that by a long shot....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Not even close -

The total undressing of us by the juco in 1987 beats that by a long shot....
    Perspective. I knew when our idiot Athletic Council shunned Pat Collins in 1979 and hired Larry Beightol, that it was a HUGE mistake. Furthermore, when Northeast hired Collins shortly thereafter, I knew it was only a matter of time before Collins would take his revenge against us. Since Collins and NLU won the NC in 1987, it was certainly no surprise that they beat us.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Perspective. I knew when our idiot Athletic Council shunned Pat Collins in 1979 and hired Larry Beightol, that it was a HUGE mistake. Furthermore, when Northeast hired Collins shortly thereafter.
    You kinda got the chain of events wrong on that one. When Collins was told he was not the first choice he pitched a fit and walked. The first choice at the time was not Larry Beightol.

Varsity Bulldog diamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by collardgreens View Post

Saturday in Carolina was pretty bad, however, but there have been worse....like the Utah State loss with Orange Bowl officials in the stands...
    Not sure if I should own up to this...but those are the last two Tech football games I've attended.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Perspective. I knew when our idiot Athletic Council shunned Pat Collins in 1979 and hired Larry Beightol, that it was a HUGE mistake. Furthermore, when Northeast hired Collins shortly thereafter, I knew it was only a matter of time before Collins would take his revenge against us. Since Collins and NLU won the NC in 1987, it was certainly no surprise that they beat us.
    They also beat us 5 of the previous 6 years prior to that
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Collins was not going to be Tech's head coach - ever - because of off the field issues. There was no way he was going to get the job in 1979.

And then the job came open in 1988 just after NLU won the I-AA national championship. Collins still badly wanted the Tech job. A person inside the Tech athletic department went to Dr. Reneau with 10 reasons as to why Collins should get the job. Several members of the Council pushed for it, as well. All were told that, despite what had just happened on the field in Monroe, his personal life was not good. A year later everything fell apart in Monroe because of those issues.
    Last edited by The Historian; 09-25-2017 at 08:59 AM.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Collins was not going to be Tech's head coach - ever - because of off the field issues.
    Stuff that happened while off the "clock"?

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Stuff that happened while off the "clock"?
    The year Collins got fired was the year we finally beat them again I believe, yes I remember the "clock" and the joke "if you can't beat TECH, beat your Wxfx.

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    You kinda got the chain of events wrong on that one. When Collins was told he was not the first choice he pitched a fit and walked. The first choice at the time was not Larry Beightol.
    Who was the first choice, btw?

Quote Originally Posted by BearDawg137 View Post
    Who was the first choice, btw?
    Our offensive coordinator was the most popular choice at the time. He chose to go into private business.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

I don't remember what year it was, but it was against Southern Mississippi. It was hot as you-know-what in Hattiesburg with S Miss in total black uniforms. I think we were up by a couple with very little time left on the clock, and we (I think it was Sam Hughes) threw an interceptiion from our side of the field to right about midfield. Southern Miss might have gotten a first down, can't remember, and kicked what would be a game winning field goal as time expired.

Edit: I think it was 1992 and it was tied when this happened. Just looked it up.

Big Dog TBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of light TBDawg01's Avatar

All of them!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TBDawg01 View Post
    All of them!!!!
    What game(s) you coming in town for this year?

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Probably not all, but most. Any one which I thought we were going to win.

+ Reply to Thread