+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 5: South Alabama (9/30)

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Week 5: South Alabama (9/30)

Thanks. I found it. But here's the deal....you can't just go to WatchESPN, scroll down to "Browse by Sport" and click on "NCAA Football". That won't work. If you do that, you'll find 100 college football games broadcast this weekend, but you won't find the LA Tech game.

Instead, just keep scrolling down past the "Browse by Sport" option (which includes the "NCAA College Football" option) and scroll all the way down to the "Browse By Channel" option, and select "ESPN3". That's where you'll find an assortment of European Soccer League games, some college Field Hockey games, some Women's Volleyball games, etc... and of course, the LA Tech vs South Alabama college FOOTBALL game.

Apparently our football games do not qualify for the "NCAA College Football" category anymore. But hey...it's there.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

On my watch ESPN home page there is a search window at the top right. I just type in Louisiana (all of the schools will show up) and click on Louisiana Tech and the scheduled game comes upl

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    On my watch ESPN home page there is a search window at the top right. I just type in Louisiana (all of the schools will show up) and click on Louisiana Tech and the scheduled game comes upl
    I should mention that I was doing this on my 50" TV, not on my computer. Not sure if that makes a difference with the menu's.

Varsity Bulldog collinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the rough

Has anyone watched USA this season? I know they have had some injuries at the QB position and are making a change at OC. I don't believe they are athletic at QB so that should help. I don't think they can score more than 23. I expect more 13-17 range. Question is can we get some momentum on offense and score some TDs rather than bring forced into FG attempts? I don't know much about their defensive abilities. I can't imagine that they are better than MS St, USC, or even WKU defensively. My prediction is 34-13.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

If we don't turn the ball over we are fine....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by collinellis View Post
    Has anyone watched USA this season? I know they have had some injuries at the QB position and are making a change at OC. I don't believe they are athletic at QB so that should help. I don't think they can score more than 23. I expect more 13-17 range. Question is can we get some momentum on offense and score some TDs rather than bring forced into FG attempts? I don't know much about their defensive abilities. I can't imagine that they are better than MS St, USC, or even WKU defensively. My prediction is 34-13.
    Defensive line is fairly stout and deep. I expect Tech to have some trouble running the ball early.

They're a spread option team, heavily favoring the running back. Lead back Xavier Johnson is quick and has good vision. None of the RBs are a true receiving threat.

In passing situations, the QB seems to favor slot receivers. The outside WRs may be over 6', but they can't get separation and the QB can't get the ball to them. Our D-Line will hopefully keep the middle locked down, and our speed in the secondary will be able to handle the perimeter rushing. Offense shoots themselves in the foot quite a bit. They're built for long, clock-killing drives... not much big play ability, and that means more opportunities to turn the ball over. I'd expect the new OC to try and adding some big plays to the repertoire. It seems to be the missing ingredient.

If we stop the run and force the QB to beat us, we'll be fine. He was 11/25 for 109 yards, No TDs, 1 INT and 1 Fumble lost last week. Pressure him and he folds. No zip on the ball, and favors short routes over the middle. Doesn't have the arm strength to take advantage of mismatches outside the hash marks. Leading receiver was 5'7 Sam Harris out of the slot. His leading target was 6'2 JR Jamarius Way. He finished with 4 receptions, but must have been targeted 10 times. Most of the completions (4) were drag routes over the middle.

If Tech gets rolling on offense, it won't be close.

Varsity Bulldog diamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the rough

I'm not sure we're the scoring machine to pull off a blowout yet...I'm thinking Tech 28 - USA 17.

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    That would be a first for this season.....

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETxBullDawg View Post
    That would be a first for this season.....
    When we stopped turning the ball over against NWSt we blew them out

No turnovers vs WKU and we won and USA is NOT in the same ballpark with WKU

Don't turn the ball over against Miss St and we are in the ballgame

No INT vs Carolina and we blow them out

It's rather simple - since MSU we have done very well protecting the ball - do the same this weekend and we a good

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

We have just had 1 interception per game vs MSU, WKU, and SC. Thats too much, but its progress from the additional fumbles vs MSU and NSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    We have just had 1 interception per game vs MSU, WKU, and SC. Thats too much, but its progress from the additional fumbles vs MSU and NSU.
    I think if you look back - we played very few CLEAN games last year

A turnover is a turnover whether it's a fumble or INT

Last year in some games a PUNT was a turnover with our defense

A turnover is a turnover whether it's a fumble or INT

Last year in some games a PUNT was a turnover with our defense
    Everything you state about this turnover thing is true. I think part of the problem for our fans is, in the recent past our offenses were explosive enough to cover up such mistakes. When you're averaging 52 points a game, one TD for the opposition off of a turnover just doesn't hurt as much. But when your offense has as much trouble scoring as THIS years Tech team does, one turnover can lead to disaster.....just as it did last week in Columbia.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

USM, but they own us.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Will we win by 2 TDs + in your opinion?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I should mention that I was doing this on my 50" TV, not on my computer. Not sure if that makes a difference with the menu's.
    I put our little 52" TV in our guest bedroom, and have a 70" in my Cave. But, we're getting ready to put down a new floor and when we put everything back (the furniture) I'm getting a 90" TV for my Cave, and the 70" will suffice for our bedroom. The quality is awesome! Have a 65" in our guest house too.

+ Reply to Thread