+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'limp-wristed libs' have ruined football

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 'limp-wristed libs' have ruined football

Why is anyone even entertaining Guisslap's lack of intelligence in here still? Maybe you guys just enjoy workin' out those fingers on the keyboard.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

He doesn’t lack intelligence. He is pretty smart and usually knows what he is talking about and can support his position. He just gets it wrong sometimes like the rest of us.

Well, rest of you.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

I think we are all missing the point and get off on our "opinions."

I hope this might help:

What is this ignorance going on at the stadiums?

As the band strikes up the Star Spangled Banner, what is your attention called to? The speeding ticket you got? The down to business attitude of the officer that pulled you over (like he’s had a great day). Maybe you think of how angry you are your employer let you go because of economic conditions. Can you justify ignoring the flag? Or, do you humble yourself and think of how your liberties have been granted by the thousands who have sacrificed that you have the liberty to be standing right there at that event. Take a knee, or sit for your grievance? POOR YOU.

Supporters say players are peacefully exercising their free speech rights “on the best stage available.” (1)
    THIS IS MY ISSUE!!!!!!!! What makes this the best stage? Best for WHAT?
    Yes, the best stage to cause dis-unity and controversy. The evil is not in the act of standing/kneeling/protesting. The issue is when and where.

These people should take their protest to a more appropriate time and place.

Buy air time to express your opinion. March on the Capitol mall. Write letters to the editors of all the “dead tree” tabloids or internet opinion outposts.

Am I the only one who sees these events very similar to the Westboro Baptist “Church’s” protest at the funerals of fallen soldiers?

That is absolutely wrong, regardless of our “claim” of a right to free speech.

Does a prisoner have the “right” to boo or sit when the national anthem is played because he is in prison? Does a wealthy person have the right to disrespect the flag because he can afford to? That makes no sense. Should someone who has been blessed with talent and abilities many others don’t have, show their gratitude by ignoring the symbol of the liberty that provided them the opportunity to be in that venue?

Come on man !

“The show of unity seemed to be as much a response to the president's comments as to the concern for racial equality that prompted then-49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick to launch that form of protest last season.” (1)

There you have it –politicizing the moment. Shame on you. Now, go protest the Green Bay Press Gazette for expressing opinion in a “news story,” or are you used to it?

Yes, I know -just my opinion.

(1) http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...ans/703520001/

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

And, God Bless America anyway!!!!

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by OLDBLUE View Post
    Supporters say players are peacefully exercising their free speech rights “on the best stage available.” (1)
    THIS IS MY ISSUE!!!!!!!! What makes this the best stage? Best for WHAT?
    It is the best stage for getting attention. It's hard to argue with that. If they buy television ads, they can be easily ignored. If you gather and protest outside of a government building people can simply change the channel. Because people are so conditioned to stand at attention, stop what they are doing and face the flag. It's a little shocking when someone doesn't follow the norm on this because it is such a simple act and so easy to comply. He knew when he did it that it would get attention and he would be asked why. And it worked exactly as planned. Unfortunately he wasn't quite ready to be asked why and the "movement" has morphed into something very different.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    It is the best stage for getting attention. It's hard to argue with that. If they buy television ads, they can be easily ignored. If you gather and protest outside of a government building people can simply change the channel. Because people are so conditioned to stand at attention, stop what they are doing and face the flag. It's a little shocking when someone doesn't follow the norm on this because it is such a simple act and so easy to comply. He knew when he did it that it would get attention and he would be asked why. And it worked exactly as planned. Unfortunately he wasn't quite ready to be asked why and the "movement" has morphed into something very different.
    Your view of the movement (and what it has morphed into) has more to do with your chosen source for the news and how they present the movement (including which voices and statements (partial or full) that they amplify) than what the people that are part of the movement actually think or say about the matter.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Your view of the movement (and what it has morphed into) has more to do with your chosen source for the news and how they present the movement (including which voices and statements (partial or full) that they amplify) than what the people that are part of the movement actually think or say about the matter.
    Not only possible but almost definitely. I bet you are making assumptions on my choice of sources though.

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    Not arguing that it didn't "work as planned." I'd even agree it did work as planned.

So let me get this right. If I have a complaint about people labeling me a bigot, narrow-minded, hate-monger and I want to protest, I should set or bow during the national anthem? Boy, all this time I've been brain-washed to respect the flag and what it stands for. What a wimp I am. No wonder no one listens to me and my cause. I've been "ineffective" not choosing to voice my plea at the expense of a time of honoring the symbol of my liberty to b!tch.
    Stage for getting attention is what it is huh? (I bet all the vets out there appreciate that, and that none are offended by that premise)
    Thanks. Now I understand. Silly me.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Would you expect anything different out of them? Nothing but pure propaganda comes out of the mainstream media networks.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Football’s decline has some high schools disbanding teams

https://apnews.com/66e699491a3b47829...sbanding-teams

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

With serious organized football starting at such an early age, lots of kids who decide they want to play at a later age are having fewer opportunities to participate. Then throw in the increasing awareness of CTE, more parents are encouraging their kids to pursue other sports.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

With serious organized football starting at such an early age, lots of kids who decide they want to play at a later age are having fewer opportunities to participate.
    Not accurate at all. Lots of kids wait until Jr High to begin organized football and make it big. Most kids don't show their growth potential until high school.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Not accurate at all. Lots of kids wait until Jr High to begin organized football and make it big. Most kids don't show their growth potential until high school.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...ncussions/amp/

In bigger cities you see this specialization trend.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...ncussions/amp/

In bigger cities you see this specialization trend.
    Not at all what I read in the article.

Look at the racial makeup of football at college and nfl. I'm pretty sure a very low percentage of those players had access to little league football.

+ Reply to Thread