+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: Does Tech's Gannett beat writer still cover Tech?

  1. #31
    Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    17,923

    Re: Does Tech's Gannett beat writer still cover Tech?

    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    What legitimate question are you referring to? We've covered the Tech playing ULM thing about 1,000 times. If a 20-something year old sports writer writes about it, do you think everybody will suddenly say, "WOW, that's brilliant. Why didn't WE think of that?"
    Can we win CUSA.
    Liberty may be endangered by the abuses of liberty as well as by the abuses of power. ~James Madison

    I like me.

    It's a mockery.

  2. #32
    Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    McKinney, TX & Franklin, TN
    Posts
    28,020

    Re: Does Tech's Gannett beat writer still cover Tech?

    Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Can we win CUSA.
    I agree. There's certainly nothing wrong with writing an article about that. That's just a football story.

  3. #33
    Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    44,773

    Re: Does Tech's Gannett beat writer still cover Tech?

    He is horrible, but it's obvious that his bosses have demanded he spend as much ink and space on Grambling as Tech. That's either a continued dig at our AD who refuses to mend fences or some obscure political move to appease the smattering of Grambling fans in the region.
    "eye fo an eye and toof fo a toof" - Idiot in Missouri

  4. #34
    Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    25,985

    Re: Does Tech's Gannett beat writer still cover Tech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    This hack is clueless.

    For the Tech-NWST game preview, he writes about how Tech should be playing ULM.

    For the Tech-USA game preview, he writes a column asking if Tech can win C-USA.
    Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    You say that because he asked a legitimate question? Or because of how he argued it?
    I say that because of when he published those stories and what he missed publishing instead.

    He published two silly columns on game day as game previews when his thoughts had absolutely nothing to do with the game that day. There was plenty to write about with Tech playing NWST and a Belter. If he wants to publish those columns, that's fine, but let's try to do them when they are relevant and not miss out on previewing the game of the day.

  5. #35
    Big Dog Tech52 is a jewel in the roughTech52 is a jewel in the roughTech52 is a jewel in the roughTech52 is a jewel in the roughTech52 is a jewel in the roughTech52 is a jewel in the roughTech52 is a jewel in the roughTech52 is a jewel in the roughTech52 is a jewel in the roughTech52 is a jewel in the roughTech52 is a jewel in the rough Tech52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    876

    Re: Does Tech's Gannett beat writer still cover Tech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I say that because of when he published those stories and what he missed publishing instead.

    He published two silly columns on game day as game previews when his thoughts had absolutely nothing to do with the game that day. There was plenty to write about with Tech playing NWST and a Belter. If he wants to publish those columns, that's fine, but let's try to do them when they are relevant and not miss out on previewing the game of the day.
    Does he post them or do they go through some kind of editing process first?

  6. #36
    Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    17,923

    Re: Does Tech's Gannett beat writer still cover Tech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I say that because of when he published those stories and what he missed publishing instead.

    He published two silly columns on game day as game previews when his thoughts had absolutely nothing to do with the game that day. There was plenty to write about with Tech playing NWST and a Belter. If he wants to publish those columns, that's fine, but let's try to do them when they are relevant and not miss out on previewing the game of the day.
    In other and more accurate words, you're being overly nitpicky over nothing. Got it.
    Liberty may be endangered by the abuses of liberty as well as by the abuses of power. ~James Madison

    I like me.

    It's a mockery.

  7. #37
    Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    McKinney, TX & Franklin, TN
    Posts
    28,020

    Re: Does Tech's Gannett beat writer still cover Tech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I say that because of when he published those stories and what he missed publishing instead.

    He published two silly columns on game day as game previews when his thoughts had absolutely nothing to do with the game that day. There was plenty to write about with Tech playing NWST and a Belter. If he wants to publish those columns, that's fine, but let's try to do them when they are relevant and not miss out on previewing the game of the day.
    I told you guys a while back that the content in all those Ganett "Newspapers" was going to be almost nothing but FEATURE stories going forward. I started noticing it in the Shreveport Times last spring. Feature stories are very flexible because they are not date sensitive (within reason). They can be written, saved and published at a later --more convenient-- date. Think "Fillers". This is a great example.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts