+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1650

Thread: What is Systemic Racism?

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: What is Systemic Racism?

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I am not surprised FoxNews could find someone to express this opinion.

But it is really more of a definitional thing.

Blacks Lives Matter (the organization) vs “black lives matter” a statement of affirmation that has been co-opted somewhat by the organization that claims to own something they didn’t create or control.

Equating “systemic discrimination” with the intent of cops or policy makers is also defining systemic discrimination in a narrow way.

Sounds like this guy knew what would help FoxNews viewers get their rocks off, and they were happy to give him some free publicity in return (how many times have you mentioned his name before?). Win-win for the network and this person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQEbUMX1uug

Do you ever get tired of being wrong? Most of the people on this board are laughing at you.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Terrell is a long-time Fox contributor who is back to making almost nightly appearances on Hannity like he did several years ago during the Obama nightmare.

Back then he sounded like a radical left-wing loon, but the BLM domestic terrorist organization hijacking of the current narrative and its continued intentional ignorance regarding the almost daily rash of black-on-black murder in major U.S. cities has brought him back to the forefront. And I have to say that I agree with most of what I have heard him say recently.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Terrell is a long-time Fox contributor who is back to making almost nightly appearances on Hannity like he did several years ago during the Obama nightmare.

Back then he sounded like a radical left-wing loon, but the BLM domestic terrorist organization hijacking of the current narrative and its continued intentional ignorance regarding the almost daily rash of black-on-black murder in major U.S. cities has brought him back to the forefront. And I have to say that I agree with most of what I have heard him say recently.
    Yes, I agree. However he continues to claim Libertarian which is code for "I'll never claim to be a conservative". He will still go way left when left doesn't look so bad.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post

Complaining about this blm movements lack of attention to black-on-black crime is like complaining about American Airlines lack of focus on bus travel.

It just isn’t the focus of their mission. You guys keep wrapping yourself into knots over semantics because it helps you avoid confronting the actual issue that is being raised.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Complaining about this blm movements lack of attention to black-on-black crime is like complaining about American Airlines lack of focus on bus travel.

It just isn’t the focus of their mission. You guys keep wrapping yourself into knots over semantics because it helps you avoid confronting the actual issue that is being raised.
    What issue is that?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    What issue is that?
    You just don't understand your white privilege. To understand systemic racism, you first have to admit you have been privileged to be white. That's the first step. We don't know what step two is, but reparations seems to be the expected outcome. That and stamping out history.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Speaking of which...

watch the video of those STUPID morons trying to topple Andrew Jackson's statue. They have about an equal number of ropes on both sides and the idiots all tugging. Hey! wonder why this thing is not moving. Yo! can you guys over there pull harder, and we'll pull harder from this side. Okay...go!

You can't fix stupid and the Left has a clear monopoly on that.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    What issue is that?
    The only unifying issue for the movement is state violence against black people. Within the movement you have many people that are looking at broader systemic racism issues including black on black crime.

The only unifying issue for the movement is state violence against black people. Within the movement you have many people that are looking at broader systemic racism issues including black on black crime.
    Well, that MIGHT have been the original intent, and might be the goal of some involved in it, and because of their own ignorance they remain convinced that is still the focus. But, it's not. I know, I admit it, I am sometimes guilty of painting with a broad brush, and while I rarely admit it openly, I do do a "soul searching" and auto-correct. Point is, while I often do, I don't mean to impugn everyone identifying with the "movement." Some are well-intentioned.

It's kind of like the whole "environmentalist whacko" movement. Many involved are well-intentioned and because of that are easily manipulated by those with ulterior motives.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQEbUMX1uug

Do you ever get tired of being wrong? Most of the people on this board are laughing at you.
    Yep, liberals have done a good job isolating people by race. If they go along with it, they offer them a minimal stipend and then fill them full of anger and resentment which destroys any future they might have. They whip them up with racially-charged rhetoric whenever they need them, and make sure they only push far enough to keep them in the same position they are in. They offer only despair.

THIS is your systemic racism. There must always be a downtrodden "black community" for liberals to use as a tool. I am pleased many have risen above it and have blessed this country with their individual contributions they were told not to bother with.

I am sure our abortion-supporting liberals are cheering the recent court decision that will ensure that 50% of all black pregnancies continue to end in abortion. Just keep pushing to have those planned parenthood clinics built in "black communities". Make sure school choice doesn't happen, because this kind of thing might just open a few eyes about how dependency on white liberals and multi-race agitators have led them astray, and they should be wary of the ones that shout "systemic racism" and point the other way.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    And using the idgit's example, UNC also operates under quotas mandated by "affirmative action" whereby blacks with lesser credentials, be that GPA or ACT/SAT scores, get admitted over white students with higher scores. Yeah, I know, here it comes: ALL those white students ONLY have higher scores because of white privilege and/or systemic racism. Blah, blah, blah.... Right, whites NEVER, EVER earn anything on their own merits and all the issues facing blacks is none of their fault. They could all be Rhodes' Scholars if not for racism.... actually, since Rhodes' is such a good lib bastion they should immediately award every black student a full scholarship. After all, they would have earned it if not for the statues of Confederate generals....

Meanwhile, I enjoyed watching another video posted by Mikel Crump. Dude's got it nailed.

Why do you think ACT/SAT dictates that a value a student will add to the population? Diversity improves the experience for everyone.

Why do you think ACT/SAT dictates that a value a student will add to the population? Diversity improves the experience for everyone.
    Who said anything about adding value to the population? ACT/SAT scores and other quantified measures provide an insight into the academic ability of a student. No, it does NOT by itself serve as a 100% forecaster as to the ultimate success of anyone. But such scores have been proven to be very accurate predictors of how well students will perform at the next level. There is a curve, with outliers, of course. All statistical analysis has those anomalies which actually "prove the rule." I have seen the educational research and the direct correlation between scores on standardized tests and academic success, and the numbers are over-whelming.

Yes, diversity is a factor in overall educational experience. I have enjoyed all such experiences I have had. I absolutely loved spending time with folks in all those countries I visited and laughed at myself and at we "self-interested Americans." Just last night I had an unplanned business meeting with two business leaders, one originally from Mexico, but now a Texas citizen, by way of California, and his associate, a CEO of a big company in Columbia. They are real estate developers looking for opportunities. I suddenly remembered enough of my Spanish to carry on a conversation in mixed English-Spanish. But no, diversity is not just associating with people from around the world. It's also associating with all peoples...from different places, backgrounds, and experiences...who have a different view of matters. Believe it or not, while I often like to talk and be the center of attention, I also know when to just shut up and listen...

But, back to the main point. Universities are supposed to be centers of higher education, of learning, and if they are going to offer a curriculum challenging enough to justify their existence, then the courses and the work has to be rigorous enough to warrant there being such institutions. Professors/instructors should not have to teach basics, that which the students should have mastered prior to graduating from high school.

This is about as genuine as George Costanza in the “Breakfast At Tiffany’s” episode

+ Reply to Thread