+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1650

Thread: What is Systemic Racism?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: What is Systemic Racism?

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    Yes I did.. it made some good points, but it did not address several contributing factors that many in the black community are facing now and have faced since 60's or longer.

Examples: as GLM stated.. black babies are born to unwed and single moms where dad is not around about 70% of the time.

Many urban areas such as has been stated on here before have been run by Democrats and blacks for decades.. in some cities over a century. Why have things not improved in those cities for blacks?

10's of Trillions of dollars have been spent on low income education for inner cities for 50 years, yet scores decline.

They talk about gifted classes and AP classes in video.. my HS did not have AP or gifted programs.. we all took the same classes.. had the same teachers, etc. No privilege for my graduating class of 99 people.

The guy in this video also seems to me to be the type of "christian" who would say that we "christians" we need to evolve from the teachings from the Bible on things like abortion, getting saved.. removing the term "Father" when talking about the Lord because that could be seen as sexist.. and we should be gender neutral.
    I thought he addressed the economic strains (including mass incarceration) that make it very difficult for black men to provide and stay out of jail for offenses that many white folks would only get slaps on the wrist.

You can’t discuss the decline of the nuclear family without discussing the economic and criminal justice realities that predate it’s decline. It’s the reason behind the 70%.

As for the authors theology, he’s a very conservative Christian. So, you read him wrong. He’s actually the guy that created Veggie Tales.

Thanks for watching.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I thought he addressed the economic strains (including mass incarceration) that make it very difficult for black men to provide and stay out of jail for offenses that many white folks would only get slaps on the wrist.

You can’t discuss the decline of the nuclear family without discussing the economic and criminal justice realities that predate it’s decline. It’s the reason behind the 70%.

As for the authors theology, he’s a very conservative Christian. So, you read him wrong. He’s actually the guy that created Veggie Tales.

Thanks for watching.
    Did not know that about Veggie Tales.. we have those for my granddaughter to watch.. those are very good. The problem with the 70% however is that many "fathers" are not actually incarcerated when the kids are born.. they (the babies and moms) are just abandoned. I agree that some are, but I would say the percentages are low.. It's very hard when you are in a low income neighborhood, no strong father figure involved in your life, and the "popular" kids are in gangs.. it makes breaking the cycle almost impossible.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Keep wearing the blinders and the problems you want to discuss will remain. You see the looting and pillaging, yet somehow it is justified in your mind. Talk about it my ass. You just want to be on the PC side of things.
    Where’s the looting and pillaging going on in Louisiana right now?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post
    Where’s the looting and pillaging going on in Louisiana right now?
    Louisiana has it stuff together. Check that one off the list.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Louisiana has it stuff together. Check that one off the list.
    Lolz.

And Louisiana is devoid of racism.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Philadelphia Eagles release "statement" on DeSean Jackson's anti-semitic Hitler quote

quote:

ForAmerica
    @ForAmerica
    Drew Brees was dragged by liberals for publicly supporting the national anthem. Players, news media, sports media, everyone dogged him until he apologized.

Anti-semitism on the other hand...receives a 'talking to.' What a joke the NFL has become. I will not be watching again this fall and will have zero regrets..

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Philadelphia Eagles release "statement" on DeSean Jackson's anti-semitic Hitler quote

quote:

ForAmerica
    @ForAmerica
    Drew Brees was dragged by liberals for publicly supporting the national anthem. Players, news media, sports media, everyone dogged him until he apologized.

Anti-semitism on the other hand...receives a 'talking to.' What a joke the NFL has become. I will not be watching again this fall and will have zero regrets..

Naturally...Jackson only insulted Jews, Brees insulted those anti-American scumbags who hate "goodness." Brees is lucky he is still being allowed to stay in the NFL. Not that I will be watching...

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

quote:

ForAmerica
    @ForAmerica

They also said “we are continuing to evaluate the circumstances and will take appropriate action.”

Looks like the NFL is considering fines or other punishment depending on the factors (and presumably how DeSean handles it). That is far more severe than what they did to Drew, so I am not sure why you are downplaying the NFL’s response.

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    They also said “we are continuing to evaluate the circumstances and will take appropriate action.”

Looks like the NFL is considering fines or other punishment depending on the factors (and presumably how DeSean handles it). That is far more severe than what they did to Drew, so I am not sure why you are downplaying the NFL’s response.

That wasn't the NFL, it was the Philly Eagles.. Let's just bookmark this and see what if anything else happens to DeSean.. you do see the huge difference in what Brees said compared to what Jackson said right? Not even in the same football stadium.. so to speak..

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

That wasn't the NFL, it was the Philly Eagles.. Let's just bookmark this and see what if anything else happens to DeSean.. you do see the huge difference in what Brees said compared to what Jackson said right? Not even in the same football stadium.. so to speak..
    And what did the NFL do to Drew? Just want to compare their response.

And what did the NFL do to Drew? Just want to compare their response.
    Do you think the blow back has been the same in both cases?? Do you believe that both statements are equal?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Do you think the blow back has been the same in both cases?? Do you believe that both statements are equal?
    No and No

Brees was raked over the coals, even by his own teammates. Even the Saints' front office was ready to distance themselves from Brees had he not quickly apologized. It made national news. Brees was "publicly, verbally flogged." Jackson's case is simply the Eagles being proactive in CYA. They don't really care he insulted Jews. It's just...well, we better make some kind of public statement just in case.

Also, the two statements are nowhere near the same. Brees said he wanted to honor the flag and honor the nation it stands for. He didn't directly "attack" anyone. It was an inferred insult on those who hate America. Jackson directly attacked Jews.

I haven’t seen DeSean’s statement but I can’t tell you about the equality of the blowback because I don’t know what the NFL (the joke, according to you) did about Drew.

I haven’t seen DeSean’s statement but I can’t tell you about the equality of the blowback because I don’t know what the NFL (the joke, according to you) did about Drew.
    To my knowledge, the NFL didn't do anything to Brees....just like they have not commented on Jackson's case. In Brees' situation the NFL didn't have to do anything, official, like a sanction or public reprimand, because the media, the players as a whole, his teammates, and the Saints' front office all assailed him and he kowtowed to the pressure. If Brees had not issued his groveling apology and said all the right things, the NFL would have taken some kind of action. I am sure the NFL is satisfied the Eagles have addressed the Jackson case, and won't issue any statement.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    ACT/SAT scores and other quantified measures provide an insight into the academic ability of a student. No, it does NOT by itself serve as a 100% forecaster as to the ultimate success of anyone. But such scores have been proven to be very accurate predictors of how well students will perform at the next level. There is a curve, with outliers, of course. All statistical analysis has those anomalies which actually "prove the rule." I have seen the educational research and the direct correlation between scores on standardized tests and academic success, and the numbers are over-whelming.
    Now that it has come out that Trump paid someone to take the SAT for him...

Privilege

+ Reply to Thread