+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Systemic Racism?

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Re: What is Systemic Racism?

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    I honestly don't remember.

But, I can tell you that the black kids that tried to study and achieve something in school were unmercifully bullied by the black kids who were not interested in any of that. I believe they decided they were not going to play along and were going to make life a living hell for any that did.

Those that did were accused of "acting white" or being uncle Toms.

There ya go. I was there and saw it happen. Don't need any theories.
    That is part of the cultural problem specific to black people. The "acting white" and "uncle Tom" attacks are problems that need to be addressed and can only be addressed from within.
    Other issues affect people of all races but primarily the poor. Rejection of education in general. Social acceptance and even encouragement of legal troubles and arrests. Social acceptance of drug use. Rejection of marriage and social acceptance of having children outside of marriage.

On a side note: both of my parents grew up in Wichita Falls. My mom's family was very poor, but my dad's family had money. Both parents went to Midwestern State.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

http://richhabits.net/will-your-child-be-rich-or-poor/

I thought this was interesting. Throw in Christianity and it is unlimited.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

This place is a red-herring farm.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    This place is a red-herring farm.
    You are one who is attempting to mislead and distract from the discussion by simply blaming the problems on something that happened over 200 years ago rather than what happened 50 years ago. The latter can be fixed.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    You are one who is attempting to mislead and distract from the discussion by simply blaming the problems on something that happened over 200 years ago rather than what happened 50 years ago. The latter can be fixed.
    Hey, there goes another one!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Hey, there goes another one!
    You are defining "red herring" with your stance on this subject...

something that distracts attention from the real issue which is what the slavery excuse does.

You are defining "red herring" with your stance on this subject...

something that distracts attention from the real issue which is what the slavery excuse does.
    Well, I started this particular discussion and I disagree with you. I did however note your assertion that I am attempting to mislead. How Trumpian...you can't have a disagreement without questioning the other party's motives. I'll be glad to debunk that particular tribalistic bull scat...next week.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

to address any problem it is important to understand the controllable root causes (if you think there is a single root cause for any problem you have been lazy in your analysis). it is often helpful to identify all of the causes that contribute to a problem, but to solve the problem, you have to focus on the ones you can control. so let's start there.

first i will try to summarize what the problem is perceived to be: black people do not have a fair chance of financial success in america because of their skin color.

those who are arguing in favor of the existence of systemic racism in this country please let me know if i should change the formulation of the problem before we proceed.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    to address any problem it is important to understand the controllable root causes (if you think there is a single root cause for any problem you have been lazy in your analysis). it is often helpful to identify all of the causes that contribute to a problem, but to solve the problem, you have to focus on the ones you can control. so let's start there.

first i will try to summarize what the problem is perceived to be: black people do not have a fair chance of financial success in america because of their skin color.

those who are arguing in favor of the existence of systemic racism in this country please let me know if i should change the formulation of the problem before we proceed.
    “Fair chance of financial success” sounds squishy and incomplete. What is “fair”? And white privilege extends to matters beyond finances.

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    And white privilege extends to matters beyond finances.
    Only if white guilt extends that far

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Only if white guilt extends that far
    Why feel guilt?

Why feel guilt?
    Ask yourself.

Ask yourself.
    I have no guilt. Maybe I could see guilt in failing to recognize your privilege, but I don’t see why one should feel guilty just for having it.

I have no guilt. Maybe I could see guilt in failing to recognize your privilege, but I don’t see why one should feel guilty just for having it.
    One would have to feel guilt to acknowledge white privilege. Agreeing with the likes of Jesse and Al does not place you on an elite thinker level.'

1965/LBJ is the problem. LBJ is your hero

One would have to feel guilt to acknowledge white privilege. Agreeing with the likes of Jesse and Al does not place you on an elite thinker level.'

1965/LBJ is the problem. LBJ is your hero
    So everything was great in 1964?

+ Reply to Thread