+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 110 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Systemic Racism?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: What is Systemic Racism?

Also your how did your slavery theory cause a jump from 25% out of wedlock births in 1965 (LBJ's New Deal Year) to over 70% currently?

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Are magnet schools better?
    That was the plan, I suppose. I don't think it worked. Man, I know that minorities are disproportionately disadvantaged. I have compassion for them. But, it doesn't seem like our government's social programs have in any way solved, or adequately addressed, that problem. I think they have made things worse. Lowering standards ASSUMES that a certain demographic can not meet the original standard. The answer is not in lowering standards. Get government out of the way, let business not have to overcome often senseless regulation and thrive, and enable opportunities for improving standard of living for ALL Americans. Trump is actually on the right track. America should give him a chance and let us see how it plays. Morals can not be successfully legislated when it comes to "social engineering." That is not our federal government's intended function. In my view, the federal government should mostly stay out of our lives, other than providing protection and infrastructure.

I moved back to my home town about 15 years ago. It is a small town where nothing much really happens, but I like it there. I do know that not a day goes by when I am home that someone doesn't come by wanting a hand out. I try to give them something to do in return, but don't always need or want anything done. Most of those that make these requests are in the "cycle of poverty" and many seem to feel they are owed something. I didn't live in my home town for around 25 years, but I don't remember it being that way then. So, is our society better off post LBJ?

This will sound ridiculous to many on this board, I'm sure. Watch a few episodes of "All in the Family" from its first 5 years (1971-1975), and tell me are the topics explored then any different now. Granted, the show was meant to entertain, but was very socially topical. Maybe you will not find any relevance, but I guarantee you will find some of the greatest comedic writing and acting ever on TV.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    More white homes are w/out a father than black homes.
    Maybe because there are more white homes?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Maybe because there are more white homes?
    Exactly and I said several posts ago, slavery can't be used as an excuse any more than poverty or lack of education can be used as an excuse for the the lack of father figures among whites.

I read something this morning that I believe has the largest impact on young men of all colors..."Most men are struggling to recover from a relationship with fathers who fail to nurture, affirm, and validate them at some level. These fathers have left their sons a legacy of pain, confusion, frustration, anxiety, bitterness, fear, and anger. These adult sons are the angry men of our society."

The government can't fix this problem and it is not their job to fix it.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Exactly and I said several posts ago, slavery can't be used as an excuse any more than poverty or lack of education can be used as an excuse for the the lack of father figures among whites.

I read something this morning that I believe has the largest impact on young men of all colors..."Most men are struggling to recover from a relationship with fathers who fail to nurture, affirm, and validate them at some level. These fathers have left their sons a legacy of pain, confusion, frustration, anxiety, bitterness, fear, and anger. These adult sons are the angry men of our society."

The government can't fix this problem and it is not their job to fix it.
    That can also happen when the father is present, nurturing and supportive.

Trump certainly has daddy issues from being sent away to military school as a teenager.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Trump certainly has daddy issues from being sent away to military school as a teenager.
    Wow, you dragged Trump into this. I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you!

Yeah, you stick with the stats until they go against your lame slavery argument, then when cornered you turn to your usual Trump hate.

Yeah, you stick with the stats until they go against your lame slavery argument, then when cornered you turn to your usual Trump hate.
    What stats go against the slavery argument? I was responding to your quote in that post.

What stats go against the slavery argument? I was responding to your quote in that post.
    Your 200+ year old slavery argument is based on opinion only.

The stats say single parent homes began going up after the US Government and LBJs New Deal kicked off in the mid 60s.

Your 200+ year old slavery argument is based on opinion only.

The stats say single parent homes began going up after the US Government and LBJs New Deal kicked off in the mid 60s.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afri...mily_structure

When has black out of wedlock childbirths ever been less than at least double that of whites?

You see the same “New Deal” trend in white families.

So that obviously doesn’t explain it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afri...mily_structure

When has black out of wedlock childbirths ever been less than at least double that of whites?

You see the same “New Deal” trend in white families.

So that obviously doesn’t explain it.
    Thanks for helping to make my point. I've never said it was about race. This is NOT a problem the government can fix, but you seem to think they have all the answers even after slavery, the great society, and the new deal.

I've told you repeatedly what it will take to fix the problem.

Thanks for helping to make my point. I've never said it was about race. This is NOT a problem the government can fix, but you seem to think they have all the answers even after slavery, the great society, and the new deal.

I've told you repeatedly what it will take to fix the problem.
    What explains why the Black rate has always been at least double the white rate?

What explains the marriage gap between the races?

What explains why the Black rate has always been at least double the white rate?

What explains the marriage gap between the races?
    The rate remained steady and likely even went down from 1865 to 1965. When the US government got seriously involved in 1965 it was 25%. Now it is 70%. The rate has gone up proportionately among whites. That is a government problem not a 200 year old slavery problem.

The rate remained steady and likely even went down from 1865 to 1965. When the US government got seriously involved in 1965 it was 25%. Now it is 70%. The rate has gone up proportionately among whites. That is a government problem not a 200 year old slavery problem.
    Isn’t slavery itself a government problem?

What if the growth in both black and white out of wedlock starting in the 1960s coincided with invention of contraception itself and the end of the shotgun marriage as some have proposed?

Okay, let's encourage the government to just keep doing more of the same. They've done a great job with education and other social issues over past 50 years. Reparations are certainly in order. How much will fix the problem? Surely a number can be put on slavery. Shall we keep that number as an open line of credit?

+ Reply to Thread