+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 123

Thread: What is Systemic Racism?

  1. #31
    Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your mind and under your skin
    Posts
    17,225

    Re: What is Systemic Racism?

    Some of you guys really need to read up on “systemic racism” and white privilege.

  2. #32
    Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    44,766

    Re: What is Systemic Racism?

    ...and white guilt.
    "eye fo an eye and toof fo a toof" - Idiot in Missouri

  3. #33
    Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Bridgeport, WV
    Posts
    2,242

    Re: What is Systemic Racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    i'm not saying that there are not a lot of things that need to be corrected and improved, but the above post is just wrong.

    the fact that statistical differences can be drawn on racial lines does not imply racism. consider this imaginary situation:
    group A is 80% black.
    group B is 80% white.
    group B gets special privileges.
    in this situation (which is similar to the examples brought forth above) the privileges enjoyed by the whites in group B does nothing to help the whites in group A. also the blacks in group B have no problem receiving the privileges in question.

    disparities along racial lines do not equal racism, and privilege does not equal oppression.
    Artie is a black guy. He has an IQ of 150, graduated at the top of his class in high school and scored a near perfect score on his college admissions tests. Unfortunately, the prestigious engineering school he wants to attend during the period of segregation doesn't accept applications from black people, so he goes the community college/HBC route and gets his education.

    Bill is a white guy. He has an IQ of 150, graduated at the top of his class in high school and scored a near perfect score on his college admissions tests. He applies and gets accepted to the prestigious engineering school and goes on to have a career with NASA sending chimps into space.

    Both Bill and Artie have sons that did not necessarily improve on their gene pool. Bill's son Chip barely makes it through high school and scores poorly on his admission tests. Artie's son Fred does the same. After spending some time getting to know themselves and being players at the local disco, both Bill and Chip decide they will give college a try. They both apply to that same prestigious engineering school and after the admissions office has a good laugh, they accept Bill's son, Chip, because he is the son of an alumni. Fred does not fare so well because his father did not attend the university.

    This is residual racism. If the school did not have a policy allowing the children of alumni to attend regardless of how stupid they were, there would be no issues with race at all. But that is not how much of the world works. Now I agree many white applicants with the same aptitude as both sons would also be rejected on the grounds that they do not meet the criteria for being admitted and they did not have a father with that connection, but in those cases it would be the decision or aptitude of their fathers that precluded them attending the university, not their race.

    I am not proposing any legislation to fix this. It exists, but it can be overcome with hard work and ambition. What cannot be overcome is what the liberals have done to them by destroying their churches, family units and sense of community.

  4. #34
    Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    25,333

    Re: What is Systemic Racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Some of you guys really need to read up on “systemic racism” and white privilege.
    Name the system...

  5. #35
    Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your mind and under your skin
    Posts
    17,225

    Re: What is Systemic Racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Name the system...
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4TZb2n-XLRU

  6. #36
    Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Bridgeport, WV
    Posts
    2,242

    Re: What is Systemic Racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Well, that was pretty dumb.

    I do believe there is a Harvard study on police shootings (by a liberal black professor) showing the police shooting issue does not really exist. "Hands up don't shoot" never happened (was witnessed by African Americans). The whole kneeling and BLM thing has been invented by leftist organizations to keep the black community beholden to the very people that are holding them back. It is a red herring.

    They are constantly being told by liberals (the one in the video included) that they cannot achieve anything in America because of systemic racism, so they tell them to get comfortable where they are economically and socially and they will take care of them (give them pittances but no real economic power) as long as they vote exclusively for them to maintain their power.

    It is the left that has isolated the black community and feeds on their misery. The systemic racism is in the Democrat party, and like a bad drug, they won't have any relief until they are able to give it up.

  7. #37
    Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    on the brink
    Posts
    7,971

    Re: What is Systemic Racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    Artie is a black guy. He has an IQ of 150, graduated at the top of his class in high school and scored a near perfect score on his college admissions tests. Unfortunately, the prestigious engineering school he wants to attend during the period of segregation doesn't accept applications from black people, so he goes the community college/HBC route and gets his education.

    Bill is a white guy. He has an IQ of 150, graduated at the top of his class in high school and scored a near perfect score on his college admissions tests. He applies and gets accepted to the prestigious engineering school and goes on to have a career with NASA sending chimps into space.

    Both Bill and Artie have sons that did not necessarily improve on their gene pool. Bill's son Chip barely makes it through high school and scores poorly on his admission tests. Artie's son Fred does the same. After spending some time getting to know themselves and being players at the local disco, both Bill and Chip decide they will give college a try. They both apply to that same prestigious engineering school and after the admissions office has a good laugh, they accept Bill's son, Chip, because he is the son of an alumni. Fred does not fare so well because his father did not attend the university.

    This is residual racism. If the school did not have a policy allowing the children of alumni to attend regardless of how stupid they were, there would be no issues with race at all. But that is not how much of the world works. Now I agree many white applicants with the same aptitude as both sons would also be rejected on the grounds that they do not meet the criteria for being admitted and they did not have a father with that connection, but in those cases it would be the decision or aptitude of their fathers that precluded them attending the university, not their race.

    I am not proposing any legislation to fix this. It exists, but it can be overcome with hard work and ambition. What cannot be overcome is what the liberals have done to them by destroying their churches, family units and sense of community.
    my point is that "residual racism" is not racism. the problem is that bill's son got in based on his dad -- everyone (black and white) suffers due to policies like that.

    and to claim that artie's son is the victim of oppression does nothing but cause division and contention. unfortunately, there is nothing we can do now to fix it for artie -- we just need to make sure that what happened to him never happens again to anyone else.

  8. #38
    Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    25,333

    Re: What is Systemic Racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I've given you a couple of weeks to come up with a system, and you can't. And you can't because none exist. Except reverse systemic racism for which there are many examples. And yes, I can name them but I won't. Except as an example the system of "Affirmative Action" which most are at least familiar with.

    Like everything else you promote "systemic racism" you libtards advocate is a crock.

  9. #39
    Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your mind and under your skin
    Posts
    17,225

    Re: What is Systemic Racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    my point is that "residual racism" is not racism. the problem is that bill's son got in based on his dad -- everyone (black and white) suffers due to policies like that.

    and to claim that artie's son is the victim of oppression does nothing but cause division and contention. unfortunately, there is nothing we can do now to fix it for artie -- we just need to make sure that what happened to him never happens again to anyone else.
    We are talking about “systemic racism” and its corollary “white privilege”. These are not individualized concepts such as individually held beliefs of prejudice or (white guilt). In fact, the very act of attempting to tie the two concepts of prejudice and system racism together is dismissive to the reality of systemic racism/white privilege and perpetuates the “second tier” status that POC face here and elsewhere.

    Sure, prejudice remains, but that is not even the main problem that we are talking about. It is the act of pretending that our experiences as white and black Americans that are the same that, in effect, reinforce beliefs that “black culture” are to blame for the very real struggle that POC face. Talking about black culture/breakdown of the family unit/etc sound convincing to white people (and even some black people), but such arguments actually inflict racial stereotypes that fail to account for the very real systemic racism that contributes to the black experience being different from the white privilege we enjoy.

    I have had this conversation many times, and I have been on your side of the argument. It takes awhile to start to truly empathize with the plight of POC (at least it did for me). Some of this is an effort to avoid guilt - which is not what you are being asked to do - no guilt is involved. Some is also an affinity to the argument that rural or poor whites also face disadvantage. That is a discussion that we can properly have too - but when you tie it to issue of systemic racism it only serves to perpetuate systemic racism.

    Btw, Trump is incapable of undertstanding systemic racism because he has no empathy. He is a psychopath. I don’t expect everyone on BBB to understand either, because there are a few that lack the capacity for true empathy - statistically that has to be true.

  10. #40
    Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your mind and under your skin
    Posts
    17,225

    Re: What is Systemic Racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I've given you a couple of weeks to come up with a system, and you can't. And you can't because none exist. Except reverse systemic racism for which there are many examples. And yes, I can name them but I won't. Except as an example the system of "Affirmative Action" which most are at least familiar with.

    Like everything else you promote "systemic racism" you libtards advocate is a crock.
    You are one of the ones I am referring to. Not sure you are capable of empathy or maybe your empathy quotient is just very low.

  11. #41
    Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    44,766

    Re: What is Systemic Racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Not sure you are capable of empathy or maybe your empathy quotient is just very low.
    When you mentioned empathy I thought about grace. I decided to look up some profound stuff regarding empathy and found something really good. It was written by a person named Grace.

    https://www.gracejudson.com/five-com...about-empathy/
    "eye fo an eye and toof fo a toof" - Idiot in Missouri

  12. #42
    Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Bridgeport, WV
    Posts
    2,242

    Re: What is Systemic Racism?

    There was a question put forth asking whether my experiences would be different growing up as an African American instead of a Caucasian.

    If you are black in America, the deck is stacked against you....there is no doubt.

    Almost 73% of all non-Hispanic black children in the US are born out of wedlock. I don't know about everyone else, but both of my parents contributed to my moral and emotional development and well being...so I would think that reducing that sphere of influence by half would have a crippling effect on a child. Mom and Dad have become baby momma and baby daddy as being a single mother has become something to be celebrated. This is also happening in the white and Hispanic communities, but the percentages are still much lower.

    Along with that, statistics show that children growing up in a single parent home complete fewer years of education than those growing up in a traditional two-parent home. This is a statistical fact and naturally there are exceptions, but it is just one more roadblock to achieving economic success in America.

    https://www.insidehighered.com/news/...arent-families

    The church used to be a great source for an extended family and moral upbringing, but now you are labeled a "bitter clinger" if you seek solace there. Once again, this is not unique to the black community, but when you are already at a disadvantage by being brought up in a single parent household, this is just piling on. I think the destruction of the church has a lot to do with why there are so many mass shootings and so much gun violence these days.

    Then there are still effects related to the discrimination they endured for hundreds of years, which left them with virtually no economic power. It takes a couple of generations to overcome this kind of thing. I had it pretty easy, but my great grandparents and grandparents were pretty much born with nothing and died that way, and each of them made it a little more possible for my parents to work hard and and pave the way for me to have it as easy as I've had it.

    To make matters worse, if you do try to better yourself by going to school and working entry-level jobs, you get labeled as being "too white" or an "uncle Tom" in the black community. Since you are already at the disadvantage of being in a single-parent household and it's just not cool to turn to the church for guidance, peer pressure is king.

    And I think the democrat party likes things just the way they are. They have a voting block congregated together in one location they know they can show up and bus to the polling stations for nothing but empty promises and some reassurances that all their ills are caused by "systemic racism".

    The deck is certainly stacked against their communities. They suffer and America suffers.

  13. #43
    Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your mind and under your skin
    Posts
    17,225

  14. #44
    Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    25,333

    Re: What is Systemic Racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    You are one of the ones I am referring to. Not sure you are capable of empathy or maybe your empathy quotient is just very low.
    Fact is there is no "systemic racism" against "people of color." Now there is wanton system of discrimination against those white males under the age of 40. In fact, it is further being defined as "Christian, white males under 40." But, even without the religious connotation, people who fit that demographic group are the ONLY ones not "protected by law."

    It's pathetic how demographic groups are defined and then labeled as "being a protected class" and thus subject to special treatment. If you look at all these "protected classes" it includes everyone EXCEPT white males under 40. That group composes....I'm not sure, would have to look at census data, but I'm guessing maybe 30% of the overall population....something like that. Whatever it is, it's a "minority" of the population. Now, as a white male over 40 I don't have a lot of protection myself, except the loosely enforced "age discrimination" thingy.

    So, stick that systemic crap in your ear!

  15. #45
    Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your mind and under your skin
    Posts
    17,225

    Re: What is Systemic Racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Fact is there is no "systemic racism" against "people of color." Now there is wanton system of discrimination against those white males under the age of 40. In fact, it is further being defined as "Christian, white males under 40." But, even without the religious connotation, people who fit that demographic group are the ONLY ones not "protected by law."

    It's pathetic how demographic groups are defined and then labeled as "being a protected class" and thus subject to special treatment. If you look at all these "protected classes" it includes everyone EXCEPT white males under 40. That group composes....I'm not sure, would have to look at census data, but I'm guessing maybe 30% of the overall population....something like that. Whatever it is, it's a "minority" of the population. Now, as a white male over 40 I don't have a lot of protection myself, except the loosely enforced "age discrimination" thingy.

    So, stick that systemic crap in your ear!
    You could solve your empathy defficiency, but it would require you to seek understanding rather than judgment.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts