+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Systemic Racism?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: What is Systemic Racism?

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Excellent examples
    https://www.economist.com/news/brief...uch-good-thing

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I never said capitalism was a bad thing. I don't like Walmart or Target, but I would never deny them their business model.

You asked what things were getting better before 1965. He gave examples.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I never said capitalism was a bad thing. I don't like Walmart or Target, but I would never deny them their business model.

You asked what things were getting better before 1965. He gave examples.
    No, I was asking YOU which things you were talking about were improving. We were discussing what was improving for black folks prior to LBJ.

The linked economist article shows that profits have been great for large companies for a long time now and explains the specific reasons why that has stressed smaller business. That particular fact has nothing to do with LBJ, though “red tape” IS one of the problems that hurt small business more than large business.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    No, I was asking YOU which things you were talking about were improving. We were discussing what was improving for black folks prior to LBJ.

The linked economist article shows that profits have been great for large companies for a long time now and explains the specific reasons why that has stressed smaller business. That particular fact has nothing to do with LBJ, though “red tape” IS one of the problems that hurt small business more than large business.
    Excuse me for butting in then, but I thought it was a group discussion. But, you quote stats and articles and I talk from experience and observation. Many black people live in small towns. In 1964, they were working for small businesses, or owned and operated their own, and contributing, largely. Today, in small towns they mostly hang out all day. So, in many ways it was better in 1964 than it is today.
    Last edited by stodgdog; 11-19-2017 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Excuse me for butting in then, but I thought it was a group discussion. But, you quote stats and articles and I talk from experience and observation. Many black people live in small towns. In 1964, they were working for small businesses, or owned and operated their own, and contributing, largely. Today, in small towns they mostly hang out all day. So, in many ways it was better in 1964 than it is today.
    Feel free to butt in - it was just that your first post in response to the question didn’t seem to tie the “things” that were improving to black people. The quoted post does.

Small businesses are not always as efficient as large, focused corporations. Overall, business profits are up and have been that way for a long time relative to pre LBJ days.

Is small business itself the goal or jobs or return on capital?

From a small town’s perspective, small business is important - mostly because there aren’t many large firm jobs in small towns. It is the overall trend described in the Economist article that I linked above that is hurting small towns.

Capital is being held by these large corporations and money and jobs are concentrating there. Mobile, skilled workers are leaving small towns for these jobs.

Regulations are affecting this trend by increasing the capital required to operate a business, but so are the overall benefits that capitalism itself affords to the increasing concentration of capital, including economies of scale, vertical integration, specialization, and less savory aspects such as powerful lobbying (mostly for Republicans) and oligopoly/monopolization.

That, in essence, is what is behind this middle America stagnation that carried Trump to the White House.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Feel free to butt in - it was just that your first post in response to the question didn’t seem to tie the “things” that were improving to black people. The quoted post does.

Small businesses are not always as efficient as large, focused corporations. Overall, business profits are up and have been that way for a long time relative to pre LBJ days.

Is small business itself the goal or jobs or return on capital?

From a small town’s perspective, small business is important - mostly because there aren’t many large firm jobs in small towns. It is the overall trend described in the Economist article that I linked above that is hurting small towns.

Capital is being held by these large corporations and money and jobs are concentrating there. Mobile, skilled workers are leaving small towns for these jobs.

Regulations are affecting this trend by increasing the capital required to operate a business, but so are the overall benefits that capitalism itself affords to the increasing concentration of capital, including economies of scale, vertical integration, specialization, and less savory aspects such as powerful lobbying (mostly for Republicans) and oligopoly/monopolization.

That, in essence, is what is behind this middle America stagnation that carried Trump to the White House.
    Mostly what has hurt small, family owned business is regulations. I thought it relevant because it heavily affected black Americans, more than white, in my hometown and others like it. That is my observation. The difference in what was here and what was here when I returned 30 years later directly adversely affected the black population more than the white population. The unfortunate reality is that this "black experience" has adversely affected all in many ways. In the big picture, i.e. the country, it is but a blip. But there are many places like it and the people living there are just as important as those living in large cities. I can't statistically prove any of this, nor would I care to. However, the truth is that is my honest observation, and an accurate one I believe.
    You may find it irrelevant and/or unimportant, which is certainly your right.

The discussion was to do with what was better in 1964 for black Americans. Small town life was better then than now.
    Last edited by stodgdog; 11-20-2017 at 06:57 PM.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Hussein Obama missed a great opportunity to talk about how black fathers abandon their responsibilities as a father and left the mothers to raise their kids on their own. Instead, he talked about race relations that didn't exist until he became president.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Hussein Obama missed a great opportunity to talk about how black fathers abandon their responsibilities as a father and left the mothers to raise their kids on their own. Instead, he talked about race relations that didn't exist until he became president.
    YES! He failed in so many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    YES! He failed in so many ways.
    He failed America, not his agenda

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    U.S.
    Indiana nurse loses job after saying
    sons of white women 'should be sacrificed'

AOL.comNovember 27, 2017

A nurse at an Indiana hospital was let go after an offensive tweet suggesting that the sons of white women "be sacrificed to the wolves" was traced back to her Twitter account.
    According to officials at the Indiana University Health Methodist Hospital, Taiyesha Baker lost her job over the weekend after being linked to troubling posts online, the Indianapolis Star reported.
    One tweet, which accused white baby boys of being future racists, terrorists, and killers, was posted from an account named Night Nurse, under which Baker was reportedly tweeting from.

“Every white woman raises a detriment to society when they raise a son,” the now-deleted post read. “Someone with the HIGHEST propensity to be a terrorist, rapist, racist, and domestic violence all-star. Historically every son you had should be sacrificed to the wolves B-tch.”
    The hospital said in a statement last week that it was looking into the incident and would take “appropriate action,” according to the Washington Post.
    “IU Health is aware of several troubling posts on social media which appear to be from a recently hired IU Health employee,” the hospital said Saturday. “Our HR department continues to investigate the situation and the authenticity of the
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/indiana-n...211413623.html

Say what?? Like many of us have said before throughout our lives and on BB&B, "Democrats are more racist then conservatives ever thought about being."

Emanuel has plan to force black people out of Chicago, JFK's nephew says

EXPLOSIVE CLAIM

Emanuel has plan to force black people out of Chicago, JFK's nephew says

In a war of words between heavyweight names in the national Democratic establishment, a Kennedy running for governor has slammed Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel for his alleged complicity in a gentrification plan that critics say is forcing African-Americans and other minorities out of the country’s third-largest city. “I believe that black people are being pushed out of Chicago intentionally by a strategy that involves disinvestment in communities being implemented by the city administration,” said Chris Kennedy, who is running for the Democratic gubernatorial nomination ahead of a March 20 primary. “I believe Rahm Emanuel is the head of the city administration and therefore needs to be held responsible for those outcomes,” Kennedy said, according to the Chicago Tribune.
    “This is involuntary. That we’re cutting off funding for schools, cutting off funding for police, allowing people to be forced to live in food deserts, closing hospitals, closing access to mental health facilities. What choice do people have but to move, to leave?” Kennedy was quoted as saying. “And I think that’s part of a strategic gentrification plan being implemented by the city of Chicago to push people of color out of the city. The city is becoming smaller, and as it becomes smaller, it’s become whiter.”

Kennedy, the son of late U.S. Sen. Robert Kennedy and nephew of President John F. Kennedy, is hoping to appeal to African-American voters in a primary challenge against Chicago businessman J.B. Pritzker. The Kennedy name still carries resonance among older African-American voters in Chicago due to the role the Massachusetts political family played in the Civil Rights movement of the 1960s.

Kennedy, who moved to Illinois after graduating college in 1986, is the head of the family investment firm, Joseph P. Kennedy Enterprises, and is a member of the mutual fund board of trustees for Chicago-based Ariel Investments. While this is Kennedy’s first run at elected office, he worked on his uncle U.S. Sen. Ted Kennedy's bid for the 1980 Democratic Party's nomination for president, and hosted a fundraiser for Barack Obama during his bid for the U.S. Senate in 2004.
    The Obama Foundation did not respond to Fox News's request for comment.
    Emanuel’s office responded to Kennedy’s criticism by associating him with two Republican politicians who have little support in the Democratic stronghold of Chicago: President Donald Trump and Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Catching up on the thread. First I have seen about the Indiana nurse or Emmanuel. Shining beacons of the left both. I’m sure they mean we’ll by hating people so intensely.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Catching up on the thread. First I have seen about the Indiana nurse or Emmanuel. Shining beacons of the left both. I’m sure they mean we’ll by hating people so intensely.
    The charge against Emanuel, I suppose, is that there are not enough government services to continue to support the ghetto and that people with money are wanting into the area and driving up costs to the point that the ghetto dwellers cannot afford to be there. This is always the gentrification argument, and most of these folks rushing in to fix up the ghetto properties are your metro sexual liberal variety that want to sip their designer coffee at tables with little umbrellas on outdoor patios (while they proclaim themselves free of racial issues and speak horribly of the republicans..especially Trump). If this is what he is pushing, he is obviously trying to turn a cost center into a tax-paying profit center for the city. Amazingly smart for a dem.

Normally they save the race card for republicans, but in this case the dems (two white guys) are choosing to play it against each other because there are no republicans in the race capable of winning. They are wallowing in their own slime. In the end their goal will be to keep the poor that way and huddled together in substandard housing with poor educational resources so they can bus them to the polls when they are needed.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    The charge against Emanuel, I suppose, is that there are not enough government services to continue to support the ghetto and that people with money are wanting into the area and driving up costs to the point that the ghetto dwellers cannot afford to be there. This is always the gentrification argument, and most of these folks rushing in to fix up the ghetto properties are your metro sexual liberal variety that want to sip their designer coffee at tables with little umbrellas on outdoor patios (while they proclaim themselves free of racial issues and speak horribly of the republicans..especially Trump). If this is what he is pushing, he is obviously trying to turn a cost center into a tax-paying profit center for the city. Amazingly smart for a dem.

Normally they save the race card for republicans, but in this case the dems (two white guys) are choosing to play it against each other because there are no republicans in the race capable of winning. They are wallowing in their own slime. In the end their goal will be to keep the poor that way and huddled together in substandard housing with poor educational resources so they can bus them to the polls when they are needed.
    And that is the only real "systemic racism" that exists.

+ Reply to Thread