+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Systemic Racism?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: What is Systemic Racism?

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Rush isn't a racist like the Democrats are including Obama, Lynch, Holder, Maxine Watters and ex-Sen. Byrd.
    FoxNews Brain, Exhibit 2

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    The attorney did make one terribly obvious equivocation during the interview. Anybody catch it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearson
    The safety of America's airline passengers is being compromised for the sake of diversity in hiring air traffic controllers
    This statement is based upon this:

Quote Originally Posted by Pearson
    There’s no data to support that increasing diversity in the ranks of air traffic controllers would make the flying public safer.
    He equivocated diversity doesn't make us any more safe to diversity makes us less safe.

I've flipped. The Fox News report is bad reporting. I haven't watched the Tucker Carlson segment because he makes me ill.

Either way, it's not bad enough to be duped if you actually pay attention to who's saying what. Of course the guy bringing suit thinks he's right. Fox shows themselves to be unbalanced by running the story without getting someone who supports the current policy on the record.

Fake News Verdict: Poor journalism
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

This statement is based upon this:

He equivocated diversity doesn't make us any more safe to diversity makes us less safe.

I've flipped. The Fox News report is bad reporting. I haven't watched the Tucker Carlson segment because he makes me ill.

Either way, it's not bad enough to be duped if you actually pay attention to who's saying what. Of course the guy bringing suit thinks he's right. Fox shows themselves to be unbalanced by running the story without getting someone who supports the current policy on the record.

Fake News Verdict: Poor journalism
    You have just described every news outlet available in the United States. None can be trusted. Period.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    You have just described every news outlet available in the United States. None can be trusted. Period.
    It was poor reporting but it wasn't deceptive. Yet, in your interaction with it on this thread, you seemed to take the attorney at his word. Did you wonder if there was an opposing viewpoint that Fox failed to represent? Most of us don't get that far if we happen to agree with the one side of the report we're presented with.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

It was poor reporting but it wasn't deceptive. Yet, in your interaction with it on this thread, you seemed to take the attorney at his word. Did you wonder if there was an opposing viewpoint that Fox failed to represent? Most of us don't get that far if we happen to agree with the one side of the report we're presented with.
    I normally don't even read these types of stories....from either tribe. Waste of my time.

I only read it because Guisslap called someone a racist, so I read the article to see what was being alleged. Had he not done that, I would not have even clicked on it. Put me in the "don't care" category.

I haven't read any of the "Trump says he can pardon himself" stories either because I know this is all yellow journalism based on a "I don't know...maybe...but he doesn't need to do so because he's done nothing wrong" when Rudy Giuliani was asked point blank if Trump could pardon himself. Now it's the crisis of the day.

For what it's worth, I didn't read any of the anti-Obama stuff either, even though I absolutely loathe that guy and think he set America back 100 years. I felt, at the same time, that those who fainted at his campaign rallies were entitled to their opinions as well.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

DNW just equated BHO with slick televangelists. Talk about an insult to televangelists everywhere.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

I normally don't even read these types of stories....from either tribe. Waste of my time.

I only read it because Guisslap called someone a racist, so I read the article to see what was being alleged. Had he not done that, I would not have even clicked on it. Put me in the "don't care" category.

I haven't read any of the "Trump says he can pardon himself" stories either because I know this is all yellow journalism based on a "I don't know...maybe...but he doesn't need to do so because he's done nothing wrong" when Rudy Giuliani was asked point blank if Trump could pardon himself. Now it's the crisis of the day.

For what it's worth, I didn't read any of the anti-Obama stuff either, even though I absolutely loathe that guy and think he set America back 100 years. I felt, at the same time, that those who fainted at his campaign rallies were entitled to their opinions as well.

Trump’s tweet:

“As has been stated by numerous legal scholars, I have the absolute right to PARDON myself, but why would I do that when I have done nothing wrong?”

I don’t think it is a good thing that our president flirts with authoritarian ideas even if he is just stirring the pot. That is not a good look for the POTUS, and knowing his loyal base, it is not good that such ideas proliferate unchecked.

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Trump’s tweet:

“As has been stated by numerous legal scholars, I have the absolute right to PARDON myself, but why would I do that when I have done nothing wrong?”

I don’t think it is a good thing that our president flirts with authoritarian ideas even if he is just stirring the pot. That is not a good look for the POTUS, and knowing his loyal base, it is not good that such ideas proliferate unchecked.
    I believe the interview with Rudy came first, and Trump is unable to just ignore the stupidity and go about his business. It is his fatal flaw.

Yours is that you run breathlessly to every anti-Trump story the media spews and get all worked up about it. Like the KKK and BLM, you have dedicated your life to that which you hate. That is such a waste of human potential.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t think it is a good thing that our president flirts with authoritarian ideas even if he is just stirring the pot.
    Nope just stating a fact and giving red meat to the liberal press to run with as well. Would we have stated it....No way! But he breaks no laws doing such anymore than Obama saying, "You can keep your Doctor. Oh and your premiums won't go up".as well as "I've had no scandals in his Administration". The problem is Obama lied to the press but he wasn't held accountable like Trump is today.

I believe the interview with Rudy came first, and Trump is unable to just ignore the stupidity and go about his business. It is his fatal flaw.

Yours is that you run breathlessly to every anti-Trump story the media spews and get all worked up about it. Like the KKK and BLM, you have dedicated your life to that which you hate. That is such a waste of human potential.
    Trump’s fatal flaw can do tremendous harm to our country. Because I am fairly effective with my use of time and have some to spare beyond that which I need to spend on productive and other important meaningful pursuits, I feel pretty good about spending my time promoting ideals that I think are important in a society that I would like to live in - Trump goes against most of those ideals. Truth, integrity, respect for the Constitution and rule of law, empathy and respect for those that are marginalized and don’t share in the benefits that I have, personal accountability, and appreciation for the arts and other things that broaden life experience.

Nope just stating a fact and giving red meat to the liberal press to run with as well. Would we have stated it....No way! But he breaks no laws doing such anymore than Obama saying, "You can keep your Doctor. Oh and your premiums won't go up".as well as "I've had no scandals in his Administration". The problem is Obama lied to the press but he wasn't held accountable like Trump is today.
    It isn’t a fact per the Constitution.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

It isn’t a fact per the Constitution.
    Better legal Constitutional scholars vs. you seem to think it is in fact.

Trump’s fatal flaw can do tremendous harm to our country. Because I am fairly effective with my use of time and have some to spare beyond that which I need to spend on productive and other important meaningful pursuits, I feel pretty good about spending my time promoting ideals that I think are important in a society that I would like to live in - Trump goes against most of those ideals. Truth, integrity, respect for the Constitution and rule of law, empathy and respect for those that are marginalized and don’t share in the benefits that I have, personal accountability, and appreciation for the arts and other things that broaden life experience.

Election is over. Trump won.

The previous occupant of the office shared none of my beliefs or ideals and he promoted an America that was, in my opinion, unsustainable. Much of the tribalism you see today can be traced back to his identity pokitics and desire to create an America that resembled himself (and his community organizer vision where one group is pitted against the other as bad guys and good guys) and HIS interpretation of "social justice". He darned near broke the country, and held the same fatal flaw as Trump. There was nothhing he wouldn't throw his self-proclaimed genius into.

As for me, there was nothing I could do about it. If that is what the majority of the country wanted (in our representative form of government), who was I to decide that they were wrong and I was right. I still held to my opinions and was not swayed, but a lot of this dumb "crisis of the minute" stuff is just unproductive and designed to create an authoritarian state where one side is silenced and the other holds perpetual power.

I hope your side loses. You are making America weaker by the minute.

Better legal Constitutional scholars than you seem to think it is in fact.
    Which scholars are those?

Election is over. Trump won.

The previous occupant of the office shared none of my beliefs or ideals and he promoted an America that was, in my opinion, unsustainable. Much of the tribalism you see today can be traced back to his identity pokitics and desire to create an America that resembled himself (and his community organizer vision where one group is pitted against the other as bad guys and good guys) and HIS interpretation of "social justice". He darned near broke the country, and held the same fatal flaw as Trump. There was nothhing he wouldn't throw his self-proclaimed genius into.

As for me, there was nothing I could do about it. If that is what the majority of the country wanted (in our representative form of government), who was I to decide that they were wrong and I was right. I still held to my opinions and was not swayed, but a lot of this dumb "crisis of the minute" stuff is just unproductive and designed to create an authoritarian state where one side is silenced and the other holds perpetual power.

I hope your side loses. You are making America weaker by the minute.
    Which is my side?

+ Reply to Thread