+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1650

Thread: What is Systemic Racism?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: What is Systemic Racism?

Quote Originally Posted by MoonPieBlue View Post
    You could be proactive and move into an area that already has low income housing and try to build things up there. Just for reference, what part of Houston do you live in?
    Goosey move into a poor 'hood...? LOL! Don't you know he's liberal everywhere except where he's personally concerned! You'll get nothing but lip-service out of him.

Actually, I know of two recent college grads, 22 yrs old, a couple. They decided to buy a house in "the hood" and become one in spirit with the downtrodden. Well, their house was broken into twice a week, they were vandalized, were shouted at with nasty slang terms! After about 6 months, they moved out and took a tremendous loss on their house. Lessons learned, I guess.

Go for it Goosey and you can regale us with your war stories.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Honest question;
    Do you have the “being white and growing up in the upper class guilt syndrome”?
    I understand the passion and love for others
    as well as the “why was I so blessed to be born into these circumstances and so many others weren’t” feelings and thoughts. I do have these immensely as well. But not the guilt many seem to have as I believe GOD gave all of mankind and every individual a Devine purpose and reason to be on this earth in the circumstances we are born. But I also believe it’s of our choosing how and if we seek Gods purpose and will to overcome this world and problems as well as how and if we help others in this world to do the same. And also by what truly passionate, fiscally prudent and legal methods this is attempted. This is one reason America’s faith groups are awesome and successful.

Sorry but just asking.
    I was raised middle class. And I have no guilt. I just want wants best for America.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I was raised middle class. And I have no guilt. I just want wants best for America.
    Upper middle is far from middle. You are guilty of being a rich white kid who went to the best possible schools.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Upper middle is far from middle. You are guilty of being a rich white kid who went to the best possible schools.
    I went to public school.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Honest question;
    Do you have the “being white and growing up in the upper class guilt syndrome”?
    I understand the passion and love for others
    as well as the “why was I so blessed to be born into these circumstances and so many others weren’t” feelings and thoughts. I do have these immensely as well. But not the guilt many seem to have as I believe GOD gave all of mankind and every individual a Devine purpose and reason to be on this earth in the circumstances we are born. But I also believe it’s of our choosing how and if we seek Gods purpose and will to overcome this world and problems as well as how and if we help others in this world to do the same. And also by what truly passionate, fiscally prudent and legal methods this is attempted. This is one reason America’s faith groups are awesome and successful.

Sorry but just asking.
    Devine? Just off the new Tarbutton Road exit. Proudly serving Tech and Grambling for over 40 years.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I went to public school.
    They were still the best possible schools.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I went to public school.
    I've been to several public schools: Tech, NSU, LSUS, and Univ of Memphis, Univ of Houston, and Univ of Toledo (the latter three on certificate programs).

Environmental racism!! Yeah baby! among the latest war cries.

Well, I signed on with an organization of "concerned elected and former elected officials" who have adopted this as their charge. For about a year now, I have been involved on their blog, getting involved in signing petitions and the like, contacting "my congressmen" (no women, apparently...). Given my interest and knowledge in such matters as clean water, I was contacted last week by one of the organization's executive council members, some guy from Maine...he served one term in Congress (of course that two-year stint has him set for life financially) asking me to be on a national commitee for clean water. Okay, I said. I "attended" a teleconference last Thursday, was "sworn in" and welcomed so graciously by the other members. I immediately called their attention to Global Splash, Inc. and I explained how our chemical-free, low cost system could solve most of the world's water problems, and at very reasonable costs. Somewhere around 15% of "normal" costs...and no introduction of chemicals. Wow! Awesome!

Got a call just now...about 30 minutes ago...well, thank you for bringing that to our attention, I was told, but our organization is not interested in promoting, pursuing actual solutions to water problems. We are an "awareness" organization, we try to help like-minded candidates get elected, get laws changed...that kind of thing. But yes, certainly, Global Splash's systems look great and if local water systems want to purchase them, well, we suppose that'll be good...

Ah, no. They don't want local water systems or anyone else purchasing Global Splash's systems because that would quickly solve most of the water problems and render their political lobbying organization moot. "Environmental racism" what a crock!!! This group has focused a lot on Native American communities, reservations and such, and water issues there. But, yes, of course, there is the very predictable "white privilege" aspect. I can't speak too much for elsewhere, but here in Natchitoches we all are subject to the same water system...from the richest, most privileged white dude to poorest minority person. Yeah, of course, the rich white dude can afford household systems, like water filters and the like to provide him better water. But, no part of Natchitoches is better than any other when it passes the water meter, where the city's lines end and your personal lines begin. It all sucks...equally.

I will stay involved, as a committee member, in this political organization for no other reason than to gather intelligence about their plans.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Environmental racism!! Yeah baby! among the latest war cries.

Well, I signed on with an organization of "concerned elected and former elected officials" who have adopted this as their charge. For about a year now, I have been involved on their blog, getting involved in signing petitions and the like, contacting "my congressmen" (no women, apparently...). Given my interest and knowledge in such matters as clean water, I was contacted last week by one of the organization's executive council members, some guy from Maine...he served one term in Congress (of course that two-year stint has him set for life financially) asking me to be on a national commitee for clean water. Okay, I said. I "attended" a teleconference last Thursday, was "sworn in" and welcomed so graciously by the other members. I immediately called their attention to Global Splash, Inc. and I explained how our chemical-free, low cost system could solve most of the world's water problems, and at very reasonable costs. Somewhere around 15% of "normal" costs...and no introduction of chemicals. Wow! Awesome!

Got a call just now...about 30 minutes ago...well, thank you for bringing that to our attention, I was told, but our organization is not interested in promoting, pursuing actual solutions to water problems. We are an "awareness" organization, we try to help like-minded candidates get elected, get laws changed...that kind of thing. But yes, certainly, Global Splash's systems look great and if local water systems want to purchase them, well, we suppose that'll be good...

Ah, no. They don't want local water systems or anyone else purchasing Global Splash's systems because that would quickly solve most of the water problems and render their political lobbying organization moot. "Environmental racism" what a crock!!! This group has focused a lot on Native American communities, reservations and such, and water issues there. But, yes, of course, there is the very predictable "white privilege" aspect. I can't speak too much for elsewhere, but here in Natchitoches we all are subject to the same water system...from the richest, most privileged white dude to poorest minority person. Yeah, of course, the rich white dude can afford household systems, like water filters and the like to provide him better water. But, no part of Natchitoches is better than any other when it passes the water meter, where the city's lines end and your personal lines begin. It all sucks...equally.

I will stay involved, as a committee member, in this political organization for no other reason than to gather intelligence about their plans.
    "Environmental Racism" has been an "issue" for years, but primarily focused on location of sewage treatment facilities. Naturally, the public entity would buy the cheapest land available which often would be near minority neighborhoods. Apparently, the scope of
    "Environmental Racism" has been expanded.

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    "Environmental Racism" has been an "issue" for years, but primarily focused on location of sewage treatment facilities. Naturally, the public entity would buy the cheapest land available which often would be near minority neighborhoods. Apparently, the scope of
    "Environmental Racism" has been expanded.
    As well as the placement...rezoning...for industrial sites. Yes, in said regards, it has been around for years (decades).

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    As well as the placement...rezoning...for industrial sites. Yes, in said regards, it has been around for years (decades).
    Public entities have the responsibility, in my view, to limit the costs to the taxpayer for public services. I failed to make that statement in my earlier post.

Varsity Bulldog Bulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Truth

I thought the succulent and the tea were nice touches. The colors were awesome.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldawg81 View Post

That is greatness!!!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Any one see or read about this one? You have to see the picture of the little boy and the killer. So sad!!

Five-year-old boy is shot dead at point blank range by neighbour, 25, as he rides bike in his own front yard in front of his two sisters, 8 and 7

North Carolina police have charged a neighbor with the murder of a five-year-old boy who was riding a bike in his own yard when he was shot at point blank range on Sunday evening.

Darius Sessoms, 25, was taken into custody by Wilson police around 24 hours after he allegedly approached Cannon Hinnant in front of the young boy's father's house at 5:30pm and shot him in the head.

Hinnant's seven-year-old and eight-year-old sisters witnessed the killing, their mother told WRAL.

Sessoms lived next door to the family, and the killing is not believed to be random.

More

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...o-sisters.html

+ Reply to Thread