+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech ruins Hide Away Park tailgating

Hybrid View

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Thumbs Down Tech ruins Hide Away Park tailgating

What the folks are saying on twitter.com...

@LATech congrats on ruining tailgate for everyone that goes to hideaway. At least y'all won't have anything to clean up...

Kicking the Greeks out of Hideaway with the new rules, you can say goodbye to a great student section. @tmcclelland @LATechFB @lkguice

The new rules are literally pushing away a majority of the fans. I agree there should be rules but this isn't Russia.

As a former alumni this shouldn't happen. Greeks are now tailgating at their houses and in return will have to walk 1/2 mile away to come
    Last edited by Dawg06; 09-30-2017 at 03:57 PM.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Tech ruins Hide Away Park tailgating

So now they'll leave after the first quarter instead of the half?

What were the changes?

I walked 2 miles to the Arkansas game this morning. And back after. They'll live.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    So now they'll leave after the first quarter instead of the half?

I walked 2 miles to the Arkansas game this morning. And back after. They'll live.
    Yeah....who needs fans and students attending games anyway....

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I'm still in the dark as to what these new draconian measures are. Not that I necessarily agree with them.

But cmon. Walking a half-mile is not a legitimate greivance. Especially if you're just planning to go back to the tailgate and get drunk at halftime.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I'm still in the dark as to what these new draconian measures are. Not that I necessarily agree with them.

But cmon. Walking a half-mile is not a legitimate greivance. Especially if you're just planning to go back to the tailgate and get drunk at halftime.
    I don't think we've heard yet what their grievance is. Why don't you wait until we know what it is?

What I DO KNOW is this.....Louisiana Tech isn't in the position to be running ANY fans off.

I don't think we've heard yet what their grievance is. Why don't you wait until we know what it is?

What I DO KNOW is this.....Louisiana Tech isn't in the position to be running ANY fans off.
    Sure. And I kind of am. I don't think our administration is blameless at all here. If someone says the TAC basement ruined a great tradition, I'll just sigh and add it to the list.

8am? Why aren't they already out tailgating

My beef is with complaining about walking a bit further and pretending that if the Greeks didn't show up there would be no student section. Complain about TMac ruining a perfectly good experience, and I'm right there with you!

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

. Been sitting on 50 yard east side for 50 years-- great student side today and they were there us lot longer that west side . Whatever this thread is about did not change anything. Now in fairness it was georgeous weather day so Half mile walk should have been easy for a teenager-- I've got fake hip-- getting other replaced after season and bad knee and hairline foot fracture. Just confused why half mile walk is big deal. ( based on today's game it appears the fraternities are tough enough)

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    What the folks are saying on twitter.com...

@LATech congrats on ruining tailgate for everyone that goes to hideaway. At least y'all won't have anything to clean up...

Kicking the Greeks out of Hideaway with the new rules, you can say goodbye to a great student section. @tmcclelland @LATechFB @lkguice

The new rules are literally pushing away a majority of the fans.I agree there should be rules but this isn't Russia.

As a former alumni this shouldn't happen. Greeks are now tailgating at their houses and in return will have to walk 1/2 mile away to come
    So, what are the new rules and why were they established? Also, how do you become a former alumni?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I think they have to set up before 8am

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I think they have to set up before 8am
    That's dumb......for a 6 PM game. I know the 8 AM thing was a horrible inconvenience for our old alumni tailgate that we had a few weeks ago for the MS St game. Understandably, nobody in our alumni group wanted to show up at 8 AM to "hold a spot" for tailgating. We ended up paying some young kids to do it for us. But the whole exercise was stupid. All it did was convince our group --all LA Tech alumni-- to not do it again. Congratulations Tech!

That's dumb......for a 6 PM game. I know the 8 AM thing was a horrible inconvenience for our old alumni tailgate that we had a few weeks ago for the MS St game. Understandably, nobody in our alumni group wanted to show up at 8 AM to "hold a spot" for tailgating. We ended up paying some young kids to do it for us. But the whole exercise was stupid. All it did was convince our group --all LA Tech alumni-- to not do it again. Congratulations Tech!
    See, this I agree with (that this is stupid and ruins tailgating).

Puppy bWo is an unknown

Couldn't they have their pledges get up early and hold the spots? Man, Greek life has changed.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bWo View Post
    Couldn't they have their pledges get up early and hold the spots? Man, Greek life has changed.
    Catch 22. If you make pledges show up at 8 AM and hold the spot all day, they bust you for hazing. The Tech administration has never been Greek friendly.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

What are the details of this 8:00 AM rule? What areas are subject to it, and what exactly are they restricting people from doing?

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Are you saying your fraternity alumni had to have everything in place and set up for your tailgate at 8 AM? I assume you had to pay a fee or whatever, so it seems you could set up anytime you want. Like you said earlier, Tech needs to make attending games "hassle free" and customer friendly. We are finally getting at least decent attendance and to put up roadblocks is poor business - not to mention senseless.

+ Reply to Thread