+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Tech ruins Hide Away Park tailgating

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Tech ruins Hide Away Park tailgating

Coming in late and without any real insight, but I noticed the East side was as dead as I have seen it in a long time after half time. My area of the west side started off more packed than usual but it also thinned out considerably in the 4th quarter. Stadium always thins out some towards the end, but student section looked particularly hard hit this time.

Not sure what cause was, but it seems like 8AM to set up a tailgate spot for a 6PM game is way to early. Not sure what the solution is, but it seems a flexible tailgate time might be helpful. With almost all of our games being late starts, people will inevitably start to assume that whatever time we set will always be the cutoff and next time we have an early afternoon game we will get complaints that they are cutting it off early.

How about we set up a gameday central web page with all of the relevant information on it.
    Parking locations (LTAC, day of paid parking, free, trolley)
    Stadium policies (bags, drinks, alcohol, umbrellas, etc.)
    Game information (Seating chart, kickoff time, TV, radio, internet broadcast, special promotions, ticket purchase)
    Tailgate information (paid areas, free areas, Argent pavillion, special promotions/events)
    Traffic info and suggested routes
    Campus operating hours (Bookstore, Student center, tours?, etc.)
    Opponent information (record, schedule, series history)

it seems like if there was a one stop shop for information people would refer to it regularly.

Maybe integrate it into the LATechX app.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    Coming in late and without any real insight, but I noticed the East side was as dead as I have seen it in a long time after half time. My area of the west side started off more packed than usual but it also thinned out considerably in the 4th quarter. Stadium always thins out some towards the end, but student section looked particularly hard hit this time.

Not sure what cause was, but it seems like 8AM to set up a tailgate spot for a 6PM game is way to early. Not sure what the solution is, but it seems a flexible tailgate time might be helpful. With almost all of our games being late starts, people will inevitably start to assume that whatever time we set will always be the cutoff and next time we have an early afternoon game we will get complaints that they are cutting it off early.

How about we set up a gameday central web page with all of the relevant information on it.
    Parking locations (LTAC, day of paid parking, free, trolley)
    Stadium policies (bags, drinks, alcohol, umbrellas, etc.)
    Game information (Seating chart, kickoff time, TV, radio, internet broadcast, special promotions, ticket purchase)
    Tailgate information (paid areas, free areas, Argent pavillion, special promotions/events)
    Traffic info and suggested routes
    Campus operating hours (Bookstore, Student center, tours?, etc.)
    Opponent information (record, schedule, series history)

it seems like if there was a one stop shop for information people would refer to it regularly.

Maybe integrate it into the LATechX app.
    Click on "Gameday" on homepage of LaTechSports.com and you get

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Click on "Gameday" on homepage of LaTechSports.com and you get
    Yep, and you have to navigate through multiple links to find what you are looking for and there is still information missing.

What I am suggesting would use a lot of the same information but get rid of all of the information that is not relevant to a particular game day. Do we need a basketball or baseball seating chart (or parking chart) for the Southern Miss game in a few weeks? Which link do I use to find out about specific deadlines? What time does the main ticket office close and the office at the stadium open?

Any way I'm derailing the original conversation so I will jump out of this. It was just a thought.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Y'all assume our AD gives a crap about the common folks tailgating. He does not. He has been asked to move the time, but refuses. His only concern is to protect the currently unused parking spots in the blue and gold sections.

If you don't believe it, send him an email. He will tell you it is about safety, but he is a full of crap.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Y'all assume our AD gives a crap about the common folks tailgating. He does not. He has been asked to move the time, but refuses. His only concern is to protect the currently unused parking spots in the blue and gold sections.

If you don't believe it, send him an email. He will tell you it is about safety, but he is a full of crap.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

For a 6 PM CST kickoff, a 6-hour deadline should offer plenty of time to secure and maintain tailgating spots. So 12 NOON CST should be the deadline to secure your spot in Ruston. Anything longer than that is overkill.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    For a 6 PM CST kickoff, a 6-hour deadline should offer plenty of time to secure and maintain tailgating spots. So 12 NOON CST should be the deadline to secure your spot in Ruston. Anything longer than that is overkill.
    FWIW, it has ALWAYS been 4:00 for a 6:00 game. Our AD backed it up 8 hours. Makes perfect sense right?

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Why in the world would they do that? As HD and PD have been pointing out for years, Tech is certainly not customer friendly. It makes absolutely no sense. Let people ENJOY themselves even if it means allowing us to not have to follow the rules, most of which we aren't even aware of. ALLOW people to want to come back.

One definite positive I can say is dealing with Solomon Randle is about as pleasant experience as an alumnus can have. He is the finest representative of our alma mater I have encountered. He has repeatedly gone out of his way to accommodate me and I have never even met him.
    We've visited...twice...with the folks in charge. If it happens; or begins to happen again, we will try handle it with the University in mind. TECH has been extremely customer friendly in the past- if you give them a chance..this past time was their second chance. There will not be a third...we decided that an off-campus spot with our own transportation was just as; if not more than, economically logical. If they want to raise hell then so be it. We have plenty of places to cook and such and then run our folks to campus without getting hassled. They'd best realize this as they will not only lose our on-campus business we will let others know how to join us in our off-campus; laid back, less-expensive, way to tailgate. It's their call now.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Have not gone through the posts.....are we feeling any of the heat from the negative issues in Baton Rouge.....I know their student tailgating is in a steaming mess right now with the fighting and then the on campus death.

As an LTAC booster.....and someone that has to work on Saturdays / balance kids activities, it is nice that my parking passes actually work this year. Whoever fixed that....thank you. As for the tailgaiting, it needs to loosen up a bit. I don't know how to balance the safety of the younger tailgaters with the traffic flow around JAS.

I guess it is a good problem....just hope there is a good resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    I don't know how to balance the safety of the younger tailgaters with the traffic flow around JAS.
    That IS NOT the reason for the 8:00 rule.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

That IS NOT the reason for the 8:00 rule.
    What is? What is the rule, anyway?

There are only 2 rules I know of:
    1 - No writing on walls
    2 - Obey all rules

What is? What is the rule, anyway?

There are only 2 rules I know of:
    1 - No writing on walls
    2 - Obey all rules
    "Rules of the Rock"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtsvsLFYYSg

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the hospitality the other day. McKay and I really appreciate it and enjoyed it very much. I sent you and DFM a PM the other day, but I'm not sure it went through. I got a message saying you guys needed to clean out you PM cache.

Anyway, thanks again. We WON, which is the main thing, but also somehow covered.

Please enlighten me as to the reason for the "8 AM rule."

Oops, I had the rules out of order. I'll have to watch TAGS more often.

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Please enlighten me as to the reason for the "8 AM rule."
    The "8 AM rule" is due to the new system for parking passes being used this year. They set up the check-in points at 8:00 a.m. for all of the lots around the stadium. Now they take the parking passes from the cars as they enter the lot. If you need to leave during the day, you are issued a pass to allow you to re-enter. This was initiated to prevent people from parking and then taking their passes to a buddy that uses it to get into the parking lot.

+ Reply to Thread