+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Tech ruins Hide Away Park tailgating

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Re: Tech ruins Hide Away Park tailgating

Quote Originally Posted by BRDawg81 View Post
    The "8 AM rule" is due to the new system for parking passes being used this year. They set up the check-in points at 8:00 a.m. for all of the lots around the stadium. Now they take the parking passes from the cars as they enter the lot. If you need to leave during the day, you are issued a pass to allow you to re-enter. This was initiated to prevent people from parking and then taking their passes to a buddy that uses it to get into the parking lot.
    LOL took them long enough... not that I ever did that...

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

The "8 AM rule" is due to the new system for parking passes being used this year. They set up the check-in points at 8:00 a.m. for all of the lots around the stadium. Now they take the parking passes from the cars as they enter the lot. If you need to leave during the day, you are issued a pass to allow you to re-enter. This was initiated to prevent people from parking and then taking their passes to a buddy that uses it to get into the parking lot.
    Yeah, I know about the parking passes as they take mine, where it was a yearly deal. I don't see how the system you described addresses setting up a tailgate by 8 AM or that it is in any way applicable to going to and from a tailgate.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Yeah, I know about the parking passes as they take mine, where it was a yearly deal. I don't see how the system you described addresses setting up a tailgate by 8 AM or that it is in any way applicable to going to and from a tailgate.
    It makes it easier for them to police. Before anybody could travel up and down Bulldog Drive between Alabama and Tech Drive up to two hours prior to game time. That practical rule allowed people to drop tail gate items off or to drive into the spots they had been using around the north side of the TAC. Some had been doing this for 30 years. Now they can't enter Bulldog Drive after 8:00 w/out a proper parking pass.

We have been over selling parking passes for years. It was never a problem until we had games with an actual attendance of 20K or more. Then it became a problem. Those arriving after 4:00 were often left without even though they had a high level parking pass. That problem still exists but not for the Gold or Blue levels. The Gold lot has not been filled all year, but our AD would rather piss off 30 year tail gate fans than risk upsetting one of the Bank's suite guests who is most likely an lsu fan anyway.

Varsity Bulldog OkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to all

I think we have a computer programming department on campus... right??? Can't they program a mobile application to check passes in and out. If a paying customer with a pass has been checked in by a parking attendant and someone else tries to check in with that same pass (ticket passed to a friend) without first checking out, friend gets caught. Of course, there's more to the software than this, but it ain't rocket science.
    Last edited by OkieDawg; 10-04-2017 at 03:43 PM.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

No thanks -

I like the paper pass much better....

Cell service sucks at JAS on game days
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog RGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by OkieDawg View Post
    I think we have a computer programming department on campus... right??? Can't they program a mobile application to check passes in and out. If a paying customer with a pass has been checked in by a parking attendant and someone else tries to check in with that same pass (ticket passed to a friend) without first checking out, friend gets caught. Of course, there's more to the software than this, but it ain't rocket science.
    Doesn't account for the scenario of early arrival and a midday departure for extra supplies...

Sometimes old school tactics actually works pretty good.

Varsity Bulldog collinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the rough

So does anyone know the actual rules? A cousin of mine just told us that there is a complete ban of alcohol in hideaway now. I don't believe her but figured I'd ask if any one on her knows.

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by collinellis View Post
    So does anyone know the actual rules? A cousin of mine just told us that there is a complete ban of alcohol in hideaway now. I don't believe her but figured I'd ask if any one on her knows.
    Directly out of the "Student Code of Conduct":

6.04:02 Alcoholic Beverages - Students, student organizations, or groups of students shall
    not dispense or possess alcoholic beverages on University property or at University functions on
    campus. Any student on campus in a state of intoxication or who, while intoxicated, disturbs the
    peace, operates a vehicle, or acts in a disorderly manner is subject to disciplinary action.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

So just being intoxicated is not reason for disciplinary action against a student. Actually any person, student or not, who act as described is subject to prosecution - probably a misdemeanor.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by ETxBullDawg View Post

6.04:02 Alcoholic Beverages - Students, student organizations, or groups of students shall
    not dispense or possess alcoholic beverages on University property or at University functions on
    campus.
    Any student on campus in a state of intoxication or who, while intoxicated, disturbs the
    peace, operates a vehicle, or acts in a disorderly manner is subject to disciplinary action.
    I think SHALL NOT is the operative words...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETxBullDawg View Post

campus. Any student on campus in a state of intoxication or who, while intoxicated, disturbs the

These would not be the rules enforced by ATC. ATC is only concerned with under age drinking an/our possession. Tech has never enforced the above rule at football games.

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    So just being intoxicated is not reason for disciplinary action against a student. Actually any person, student or not, who act as described is subject to prosecution - probably a misdemeanor.
    One can go here and have your mind scrambled with all the rules, laws, data, statistics, etc regarding alcohol and campus:

http://www.latech.edu/search.php?q=campus%20alcohol

I found this particularly interesting under:::: public law 101-542: the student right-to-know & campus security act:

Public Law 101-542 Crime Statistics
    Liquor Law Violations Drug Law Violations
    2012 2013 2014 2012 2013 2014
    All On Campus Arrest 0 0 0 16 15 19
    Arrests In Dorm 0 0 0 14 5 14
    On Campus
    Disciplinary Action/ 0 0 0 8 7 0
    Judicial Review

Varsity Bulldog OkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by RGTech98 View Post
    Doesn't account for the scenario of early arrival and a midday departure for extra supplies...

Sometimes old school tactics actually works pretty good.
    Didn't think I needed to include the entire flowchart for you, RGTech98! Was hoping you would get an idea of what I was thinking! My bad!

+ Reply to Thread