+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LSU falls to The Sunbelt!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: LSU falls to The Sunbelt!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    It's a wake-up call for programs like ours. Easy to take " lesser " teams and conferences like last nite for granted. We nit pick wins over teams we assume are inferior-- I find myself walking out of 18-- 30 point wins disappointed -- coaches job is to win-- not impress fans.
    Actually, it's a coaches job to do BOTH. That's how you draw fans to the next game. Just saying......

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I was thinking during the game we are not very good this year. Any win is a good win, and that is true. But, heck, LSU lost to a Belcher. Ole Miss got pasted 66-3, Tenn lost at home 41-0. Moo State got pasted 49-10. CFB has more parity now than at any other time in history. We like to say, well, we didn't play very well, blah, blah, blah...but how about South Alabama did play well!? Their front 7 is stout. They don't have great depth and eventually wore down, especially in the 4th qtr. But, when fresh they were beating us on the LOS. Sometimes you just have to tip your hat to the other guys and say "good job."
    Everybody beats us at the LOS.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Except, unlike punts, kickoffs are live balls. If our returner doesn't catch the ball, and it doesn't go into the end zone, the opponent can scoop and score. So, that's not a very sound plan you have.

Good point. So just learn to block then. Shouldn't be too hard.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

Still alive and smiling. LSU got dominated at the line of scrimmage by Troy. Let that sink in. LSU's qbs wouldn't start on most high school teams.

As for Techs win, they played a good game against an opponent that played hard and nothing to lose. I was happy with the O line play and play calling. Our D was a little shaky in the first half but settled in nicely. Boston Scott and Teddy Bear are our best O threats.

As for all the kick and punt returns, I am fine with Teddy calling fair catch everytime. Less chance for a turnover. Kick return should be if it is caught in the enzone take a knee. Otherwise run like a crazy man, just hold on to the ball.

We have a good young team that are only going to get better.

My last thought is on JMAR running. Do slide feet first, just dive away from the defender or god forbid run over some dbacks. Your 6 3 and 220 and not fragile, so run the ball like a running back and you have less chance of getting hurt. You are more likely to get hurt giving yourself up instead of applying the hit by running hard.

Overall a great weekend of football.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cscollis View Post
    Still alive and smiling. LSU got dominated at the line of scrimmage by Troy. Let that sink in. LSU's qbs wouldn't start on most high school teams.

As for Techs win, they played a good game against an opponent that played hard and nothing to lose. I was happy with the O line play and play calling. Our D was a little shaky in the first half but settled in nicely. Boston Scott and Teddy Bear are our best O threats.

As for all the kick and punt returns, I am fine with Teddy calling fair catch everytime. Less chance for a turnover. Kick return should be if it is caught in the enzone take a knee. Otherwise run like a crazy man, just hold on to the ball.

My last thought is on JMAR running. Do slide feet first, just dive away from the defender or god forbid run over some dbacks. Your 6 3 and 220 and not fragile, so run the ball like a running back and you have less chance of getting hurt. You are more likely to get hurt giving yourself up instead of applying the hit by running hard.

Found myself thinking about you a lot. I hope as my time comes I will handle with half the class and humor as you have. Phil

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you about J'Mar sliding. Sliding looks more dangerous to me than running through the play. He's bigger than most of the players trying to tackle him. My high school coach always said you were most likely to get hurt when you went half speed.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Dead Valley in the 4th quarter. I guess Troy's superior depth wore LSU's defense out (and their fans too).

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Ho-Lee-Sheet

dat flagship football program doh..

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

While my section and I were thrilled that LSU lost to lowly Troy (trust me, it gave me great fuel to use against my co-workers), Myles Brennan is the all-time leader in passing yards and touchdowns in Mississippi high school history. Think about that: He's the top QB from a state that has produced Brett Favre, Steve McNair, and Archie Manning among others.
    Last edited by theprofessor; 10-03-2017 at 07:23 PM. Reason: I'm an asshole
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I'm just wondering who ULM and ULL are going to root for now! lol

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Dead Valley in the 4th quarter. I guess Troy's superior depth wore LSU's defense out (and their fans too).

Did lspoo players kneel during the National Anthem too?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

While my section and I were thrilled that LSU lost to lowly Troy (trust me, it gave me great fuel to use against my co-workers), the bolded statement is asinine. Myles Brennan is the all-time leader in passing yards and touchdowns in Mississippi high school history. Think about that: He's the top QB from a state that has produced Brett Favre, Steve McNair, and Archie Manning among others. To say he wouldn't start on most high school teams is a ridiculous statement that makes us look really, really dumb.
    What is really dumb is to take what is obviously a TIC remark seriously.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

While my section and I were thrilled that LSU lost to lowly Troy (trust me, it gave me great fuel to use against my co-workers), the bolded statement is asinine. Myles Brennan is the all-time leader in passing yards and touchdowns in Mississippi high school history. Think about that: He's the top QB from a state that has produced Brett Favre, Steve McNair, and Archie Manning among others. To say he wouldn't start on most high school teams is a ridiculous statement that makes us look really, really dumb.
    prof: check your private messages.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post

That is the amount of actual alumni that go to the games.

+ Reply to Thread