+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: C-USA Bowl Eligibility Outlook

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Re: C-USA Bowl Eligibility Outlook

I posted some of this information in another thread, but I'll update it here.

We'll know a lot more after today, but CUSA may be fighting with another G5 league to place a 6-win team if there are more eligible teams than slots. That could easily be the case by the end of the day today.

The problem Tech is going to run into is the fact CUSA places all teams with winning records before placing any 6-6 teams. Even if Tech takes care of UTSA, I suspect the Roadrunners at 6-5
    (game with Houston to the start the season was cancelled) will be placed before any 6-6 team. With FIU's win over Western Kentucky CUSA will have 7 teams with winning records with 6 bowl tie ins and 1 secondary tie in (Indy Bowl).

This subject came up on Fox's Wednesday afternoon show in Ruston. He spoke to a contact with the Independence Bowl who said that CUSA will make the decision as to what team is placed in the game. So if there are more than 78 eligible teams CUSA would have to find one open slot in a non CUSA affiliated bowl game for one of its teams with a winning record in order for a 6-win Tech team to be placed in Shreveport.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Texas collapsed in the second half and let Texas Tech get one of the slots.
    That was spot No. 76. Two more spots before someone stays home.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    I posted some of this information in another thread, but I'll update it here.

We'll know a lot more after today, but CUSA may be fighting with another G5 league to place a 6-win team if there are more eligible teams than slots. That could easily be the case by the end of the day today.

The problem Tech is going to run into is the fact CUSA places all teams with winning records before placing any 6-6 teams. Even if Tech takes care of UTSA, I suspect the Roadrunners at 6-5
    (game with Houston to the start the season was cancelled) will be placed before any 6-6 team. With FIU's win over Western Kentucky CUSA will have 7 teams with winning records with 6 bowl tie ins and 1 secondary tie in (Indy Bowl).

This subject came up on Fox's Wednesday afternoon show in Ruston. He spoke to a contact with the Independence Bowl who said that CUSA will make the decision as to what team is placed in the game. So if there are more than 78 eligible teams CUSA would have to find one open slot in a non CUSA affiliated bowl game for one of its teams with a winning record in order for a 6-win Tech team to be placed in Shreveport.
    If the Idiot Bowl takes a 6-5 UTSA over a 6-6 Tech they deserve for this to be the last I Bowl. MAYBE 3,000 UTSA fans will be in Shreveport.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    If the Idiot Bowl takes a 6-5 UTSA over a 6-6 Tech they deserve for this to be the last I Bowl. MAYBE 3,000 UTSA fans will be in Shreveport.
    Read the post again. CUSA makes the decision. But it''s also CUSA's internal policy to place all teams with winning records before any 6-6 team.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    This is exactly what I was thinking. Not only would it be very bad for the Idiot Bowl to take a 6-5 UTSA team coming off a loss to 6-6 LA Tech, it would also be embarrassing for CUSA top only have 6K fans attend a bowl game. Hopefully somebody in the CUSA league office thinks about this stuff.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Read the post again. CUSA makes the decision. But it''s also CUSA's internal policy to place all teams with winning records before any 6-6 team.
    Actually, someone on the CUSA board posted that the CUSA policy talks about "7 win" teams must be picked for bowls before "6-win" teams (which is understandable), however the same policy apparently makes no reference to 6-5 vs 6-6 teams.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

This subject came up on Fox's Wednesday afternoon show in Ruston. He spoke to a contact with the Independence Bowl who said that CUSA will make the decision as to what team is placed in the game. .
    It would not be surprising to find out the I Bowl did not allow themselves an option to pick who they wanted from available C-USA teams.

I expect we get the mess stomped out of us today anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    It would not be surprising to find out the I Bowl did not allow themselves an option to pick who they wanted from available C-USA teams.
    But not surprising in any way!

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    There will be some 6-6 G5 teams left out of bowls this year. I believe WKU will be one of them with their 1-4 finish capped by a blowout loss.
    I'd think our win would put us before them, but i dont know the selection process.

Big Dog Saint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    I'd think our win would put us before them, but i dont know the selection process.
    CUSA just guarantees a bowl to 7-win teams before 6-win teams. So FAU, FIU, Marshall, UNT, UAB, USM would get our six bowl spots if we don't get any additional bowls. Independence likely opens for us so that gives the conference at least 7 bowls. When it comes to the actual placement we seem to go regional. UNT deserved to get shipped to the Bahamas last year at 5-7 but they got HOD due to their proximity to Dallas. I'm going to say FAU gets a Florida bowl. FIU or Marshall gets the other with the odd man out getting Bahamas. UNT to New Mexico because they don't want to play Army in Dallas again. USM to HOD. UAB to New Orleans. If we beat UTSA we got to Indy. If not USM or UNT go to Indy with UTSA in HOD/New Mexico. Unless we get another bowl WKU gets left out. Winner of ODU/Middle gets left out.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Actually, someone on the CUSA board posted that the CUSA policy talks about "7 win" teams must be picked for bowls before "6-win" teams (which is understandable), however the same policy apparently makes no reference to 6-5 vs 6-6 teams.
    I heard a radio interview several years ago with Banowsky when he was commissioner. He described the policy as "teams with winning records" vs. "teams with non-winning records". Over the years people have just assumed that meant 7-win teams vs. 6-win teams. But that's not how the conference office once described the actual policy.

At the same time, I don't know if the policy accounted for a team that played an 11-game schedule.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Tulane gets stopped at the goal line and ends 5-7

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

UNLV loses and won't be eligible

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

77 teams guaranteed to be 6-6 or better right now.

Temple up by 17 on Tulsa late in the 3rd.
    ULM down 10 to Arkansas State with 1:42 left.
    NMSU leads Idaho 17-10 early in the 4th. Aggies must win today and next week.
    ULL down 17-7 to Georgia Southern at halftime. Cajuns must win today or next week at Appy State.

#1 Alabama just lost to Auburn 26-14. Auburn will now play Georgia in the SEC Championship game next week.

+ Reply to Thread