+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: C-USA Bowl Eligibility Outlook

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Re: C-USA Bowl Eligibility Outlook

Bowl games are HUGE EXPOSURE to recruits for your program. It is even bigger with this year being the first for early signees Dec. 20-22.
    A regional bowl in LA or TX (where we recruit the heaviest) with a pro-LA Tech crowd can be big for us next season and beyond.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post
    USM or UNT. They are the only ones, but with 3 bowl wins under our belt and 4 close losses, I think we get in somewhere.
    I'd imagine the Independence Bowl would want LaTech more than either UNT or USM. But, you have to factor in that North Texas played in the HOD last year and Southern Miss played in the New Orleans Bowl. Seems like UNT might be interested in playing in S'port. I'm not sure about USM. I'd imagine we'll land in one of the 3.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Bowl games are HUGE EXPOSURE to recruits for your program. It is even bigger with this year being the first for early signees Dec. 20-22.
    A regional bowl in LA or TX (where we recruit the heaviest) with a pro-LA Tech crowd can be big for us next season and beyond.
    The question is, can a bowl game hurt us? What if it's a blowout or has a sports center moment that gets played for two weeks over and over?
    We could go from an even season 6-6 to a losing season of 6-7 plus the publicity of a bowl loss. Not being critical of those wishing for bowl game, but is their more risk than return here?

Just Askin

Big Dog Saint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I'd imagine the Independence Bowl would want LaTech more than either UNT or USM. But, you have to factor in that North Texas played in the HOD last year and Southern Miss played in the New Orleans Bowl. Seems like UNT might be interested in playing in S'port. I'm not sure about USM. I'd imagine we'll land in one of the 3.
    There are UTSA fans who feel pretty certain they’ll go to armed forces and there are USM fans pretty certain they’re going to independence. I thought UAB would go to New Orleans but they’re going to the Bahamas. Maybe UNT to New Mexico and Tech to New Orleans.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    The question is, can a bowl game hurt us? What if it's a blowout or has a sports center moment that gets played for two weeks over and over?
    We could go from an even season 6-6 to a losing season of 6-7 plus the publicity of a bowl loss. Not being critical of those wishing for bowl game, but is their more risk than return here?

Just Askin
    Because the risk for Tech to have a Not Top Ten is extremely, extremely high.

Though I don't know how much worse you can get between Running Man and 3&93

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Just Askin
    Hmmm... UNT went to the HOD last year with a losing record AND they lost the game. They won the western division this year. Bowl games are better than staying home for G5 schools.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Just Askin
    There is no risk. Being 6-6 and not invited is a worse situation than going to a game. The upside is potentially very big.

The 2017 regular season is over, finished and gone. The bowl season is a completely different animal and is heavily about exposure and recruiting. Time to move on from the 2017 regular season.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

We all know it makes Financial sense to have La Tech at the Indy, they can choose Tech if they want, no question about it. The attendance at our last game may have formed a few questions with them though.

Another question though is did walk on's fully fund the spononsorship/payout of the bowl, I heard they did not. Did I hear that or remember that correctly? With a reduced payout, if that is or can be permitted, would that not change the whole landscape of who would want to be invited and who would accept an invitation from the Indy Bowl?

Big Dog Saint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant future

We all know it makes Financial sense to have La Tech at the Indy, they can choose Tech if they want, no question about it. The attendance at our last game may have formed a few questions with them though.

Another question though is did walk on's fully fund the spononsorship/payout of the bowl, I heard they did not. Did I hear that or remember that correctly? With a reduced payout, if that is or can be permitted, would that not change the whole landscape of who would want to be invited and who would accept an invitation from the Indy Bowl?
    No because the money goes the the conference and is divided up. It doesn’t go directly to the school. That way teams aren’t fighting over bowls with higher payouts that don’t make geographical sense.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    I don't dispute any of that. Those are all points our coaching staff hopefully considered back when we lost games we should have won to UAB, UNT, USM and USC. Also, you're assuming that these bowl experiences would be all good. In our case, I'm not convinced.

First, our usual "bowl crowd" of 15K to 20K Tech fans will not likely follow this 6-6 team to a bowl game. Since this team still can't score, and is very boring to watch with J'Mar at QB, we'll be lucky to draw 5K instead. Furthermore, if we play like crap --I mean really ugly-- on national TV, I believe a bowl appearance could do more harm than good. We both know this could happen.

I'm 100% in favor of putting our best on display for America to see in a bowl game. I'm just not convinced this team is what we want them to see.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Our payment for Indy Bowl has never been great. The only schools that got big $ were those from the conferences in the primary contract.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Yea, I understand that part, and anyway, CUSA has a lot to do with who gets placed where, everyone but the conference champion, they get a say in where they are going.

My question is, if there is a reduced payout and it is allowed by conference, would that not change who the invitees were if possible? Example-It would be more economical for conference to place Tech there instead say UTEP.

This reduced sponsorship may all be rumor and fiction anyway, just wondering about consequences if it was true.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Our payment for Indy Bowl has never been great. The only schools that got big $ were those from the conferences in the primary contract.
    Now that you mention I remember that scenario, they get to cheap out on non primary. Thanks for bringing that up.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Right..quit this year while we are even, we could get a bowl game and turn this into a losing season, 6-7.
    ?????? Seriously!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    ?????? Seriously!
    What? You haven't seen enough of this chit show this year?

+ Reply to Thread